• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

USA will disintegrate in June

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
http://motherjones.com/politics/2009/11/igor-panarin-doomsday-tea-party
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/04/igor-panarin-us-will-coll_n_171725.html

3148196571_6e48e5f850_o.gif

tl;dr: Russian professor Igor Panarin believes that there is a 55% chance that the United States will disintegrate by 2010 due to economic crisis and "moral degradation" (basically, "oh no, gays and blacks!"). There will be 6 regions, all of which will be absorbed by other countries (and the EU), and all hell will break loose.

This guy makes me lol. He's basically saying just what the Kremlin wants him to hear. Really, the South? Going to Mexico? Just because there's a strong Hispanic population there doesn't mean that they're in power (also, not all Hispanic people are Mexican! Florida sure as hell ain't going to no Mexico). The Midwest being absorbed by Canada is just hilarious (Canadians, how would you feel about having Kansas and Ohio?) and his reasoning for the West joining China is ridiculous. "Oh, there's Chinese people in California and their laptops are made in China." Crap, I guess China took over Canada because there sure as hell were a lot of Chinese people when I went there (we even stayed at this hotel in this Chinatownish thing that had signs in Chinese and stuff. The invasion has begun!). Don't get me started on Hawaii going to Japan/China and Alaska going to Russia. The Northeast joining the European Union is ridiculous (they won't let Morocco in and there's a huge shitstorm over Turkey; why the hell would a rump state that's separated from Europe by an ocean be let in?).

If the USA does split up, it sure as heck won't be like this. And I don't see it happening that soon, either.

Can't wait until June~

In relation to the EU thing, the shitstorm with Turkey is because of their human rights abuses, not because of whether or not they're in Europe.

But I agree, this guy is a dumbshit.

In relation to the EU thing, the shitstorm with Turkey is because of their human rights abuses, not because of whether or not they're in Europe.

This is honestly the first time I've heard of this. o.o First thing that people talk about when you mention Turkey and the EU? "Oh, but they're not in Europe." I've never heard anyone talk about the human rights abuses, which kind of sucks.

South Carolina? European Union? This has got to be a joke/parody/satire/something.

This is real, all right... Unfortunately.

... ...
... ...
Okay, Tea party activists / Green party members, whatever differences exist between the two, I don't really care, but they're crazy enough without crackpot theories from other countries. They don't need Russians helping them make less sense than they do now. They do just fine causing an unneeded stir on their own.

Oh, what webs we weave when politics we play...

Why do I doubt this, oh, yeah, OBAMA! I've never heard any reasoning so stupid. See, america may have stuff from foreign nations, but that dosen't mean a thing, because people import things, and just because people hate eachother, it dosen't mean the US will disolve!

This is honestly the first time I've heard of this. o.o First thing that people talk about when you mention Turkey and the EU? "Oh, but they're not in Europe." I've never heard anyone talk about the human rights abuses, which kind of sucks.

There was this whole genocide thing and the Turks won't admit it's happened. Among other things. That's why they're not allowed into the EU -- I think it's been stated that if they improve their human rights they'll be allowed in.

Uh yeah I was gonna comment on that Turkey thing too because well. We don't disallow people from joining just because they're not on the European continent, it's because of human rights abuse, the fact that they have the death penalty (a pre-requisite for joining the EU is abolishing it) etc.
I mean as far as middle Eastern countries go Turkey's pretty cool and secular but NOT ENOUGH FOR US HEH

Right now we're in doubt about letting Iceland join too but lol that's because they have a massive debt and we already have enough of a task pumping money into Eastern Europe to try and de-shittify it so we can't really spare the expense.

This map makes me giggle but tbh I'm not sure whether it'd be a bad thing.

Flareth said:
I'd end up European. I envy ya.
Hey >:c

There was this whole genocide thing and the Turks won't admit it's happened.

See, nobody ever mentions this! I knew about the Armenian genocide (and the Turkish government's denial that it happened), but I never knew that that was a reason they weren't let in. Also knew about the death penalty (and I knew that was one thing they'd have to change). Really, all I ever hear is "IN EUROPE" "NO IN ASIA"

Vladimir Putin's LJ said:
We don't disallow people from joining just because they're not on the European continent

Morocco applied to join the then-European Communities on 20 July 1987. The application was rejected by Community foreign ministers as they did not consider Morocco to be a European country and hence could not join.

tbh I'm not sure whether it'd be a bad thing.

US splitting up might suck if the South becomes a country (Jesusland?) because then while the other states (countries?) get to do what they want, the South will just continue to suck and that's not cool.
Also, I don't want to live in Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom