• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Video Game Mafia: Edition II

The role isn't even villainous. (Which, while may role doesn't make sense with my character, it's directly based off her.)

Lol I wasn't being serious I was trying to spark activity. It worked.

So evil characters? I don't even know who half of these characters are.

Lol I wasn't being serious I was trying to spark activity. It worked.

So evil characters? I don't even know who half of these characters are.
Touché. Well played.

I think we ought to do a little bit of digging up the backgrounds of each character. I'd get to it but I'm a little busy; maybe later.

DarkAura: Shy Guy - regular enemy (antagonist)
Flower Doll: Mr. L (Super Paper Mario) - dark brainwashed luigi (antagonist)
LS99: Matthew (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn) - main character, earth wielder (protagonist)
Phantom: Tali (Mass Effect) - some alien, proficient in knowledge of mechanics (protagonist as far as I can tell)
Coloursfall: Eater of Worlds (Terraria) - centipede-looking boss (antagonist)
Windyragon: Professor Layton
Mai: Memry (Ghost Trick) - waitress (neutral)
Mr. Moon: Chibi Robo
Sunflower: Madotsuki (Yume Nikki) - playable character, mysterious (protagonist)
MF: banjo (banjo-kazooie) - major protagonist, bear
MSKK: Colm (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) - thief (protagonist)
Newton: Maya Fay (Ace Attorney) - Phoenix Wright's (main character) boss and mentor, dies (protagonist)
Eifie: Clover (999) - looks convoluted, I'm pretty sure she's one of the main characters
Chief Zachrai: Steve (minecraft) - play character (protagonist)
ole_schooler: Chel (Portal) - main character
WUE: Lakitu - semi-annoying enemy (antagonist)
Superbird: Kirby - puffball protagonist

my work is done.

DarkAura: Shy Guy - regular enemy (no one knows what his face looks like) (antagonist)
Flower Doll: Mr. L (Super Paper Mario) - dark brainwashed luigi (antagonist)
LS99: Matthew (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn) - main character, earth wielder (protagonist)
Phantom: Tali (Mass Effect) - some alien, proficient in knowledge of mechanics (protagonist)
Coloursfall: Eater of Worlds (Terraria) - centipede-looking boss (antagonist/maybe neutral)
Windyragon: Professor Layton
Mai: Memry (Ghost Trick) - waitress (neutral)
Mr. Moon: Chibi Robo (Protagonist)
Sunflower: Madotsuki (Yume Nikki) - playable character, mysterious (protagonist)
MF: banjo (banjo-kazooie) - major protagonist, bear
MSKK: Colm (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) - thief (protagonist)
Newton: Maya Fay (Ace Attorney) - Phoenix Wright's "assistant", little sidekick (was once the defendant) (protagonist)
Eifie: Clover (999) - looks convoluted, I'm pretty sure she's one of the main characters (Protagonist, probably)
ole_schooler: Chel (Portal) - main character. No explanation, just pretty good at solving puzzles and making computers very, very mad. (Protagonist)

WUE: Lakitu - semi-annoying enemy with minions / carries drivers out of water and bottomless pits (antagonist/protagonist)
Superbird: Kirby - puffball protagonist who can copy his opponents' abilities and use them against them. (Protagonist)

my work is done.
FTFY

What I added were in some cases more adequate descriptions, and colors. For reference, Almost definite protagonist, Could swing either way, and Almost definite antagonist.

In addition, I think I may as well divulge the following: Windyragon is probably an inspector and MSKK is probably a thief (steals an item associated with the person, such as a gun for a typical vigilante; tldr inspector also).

I've seen enough Mafia games to know where this is going.

I'm guessing you all are ready to lynch me for being the only alive red coded one. Well, in my defense, my role suits the Mario Kart 7 Shy Guy- See, in Mario Kart 7, the characters that are able to ride in the carts (Lakitu, Wriggler, Shy Guy) are not antagonists nor Protagonists; They're basically neutral.

Of course, with my character being neutral, my role is also pretty neutral; I'm a vanilla townie. I'm fine with you guys lynching me for having a useless role, though I'd much rather stay alive.

Actually this may not be a very clear-cut case; one of the most popular Wild Mass Guessings about Minecraft is this:

4Crdv.png

So I would be at least a little suspicious.

Last edited:
For clarification: I'm also an undercover cop! I took up the job of a waitress to spy on this foreign country's deal with Yomiel, and I accidently caused the death of a major character and a minor one because I put a (spying) bug on the foreigner's chicken. (Okay, okay, I'm not sure if the deaths should be spoilered or not, but for now I'll just leave who died unnamed.)

Could you explain more, Eifie?

Two mafia seems rather small, by the way. DarkAura being mafia... is a distinct possibility, but Shy Guy isn't the worst enemy.

(whoops sorry for forgetting about this, IRL stuff's gotten in the way)

...Well, as disappointing as it seems, looks like villains really are the main lead for mafia. Ho hum. Though if it were me I'd still keep an open mind. Still, it's something. And of course we've got the ambiguous cases, so I doubt it's nearly that clear-cut.

As for who to lynch... damn, I'm still stuck.

Hold on a second, on that list of characters why is Maya Fey a "could swing either way" character? She's been consistently a good guy, and when she was the defendant she was being framed, which means that wouldn't change anything.

I'm not entirely sure we can say with certainty that even the "Almost definite protagonist"s are town. Certainly I can see ways one could rationalize some of them being mafia. But yeah I have no more idea who to lynch than the rest of you.

Could you explain more, Eifie?

I could, but Clover's actual character doesn't seem to have had any actual bearing on my role.

Well,
in one timeline I go insane and murder everybody with an axe, but a lot of the final timeline centers on making me not-insane with the power of friendship and a bookmark so that I don't murder everybody with an axe, and I side with the protagonist after all and all's fine and dandy, or something.

In addition, I think I may as well divulge the following: Windyragon is probably an inspector and MSKK is probably a thief (steals an item associated with the person, such as a gun for a typical vigilante; tldr inspector also).

Windyragon was, in fact, an inspector, wasn't she? Also it is possibly not such a great idea to be putting our thoughts on who has an extremely useful role out in the open, unless it actually gets us somewhere.

Newton: Maya Fay (Ace Attorney) - Phoenix Wright's (main character) boss and mentor, dies (protagonist)
That's Mia, not Maya. Maya is Mia's sister and Phoenix Wright's sidekick, and also a spirit medium. Not much of a difference alignment-wise, but always good to keep the air clear (also, definitely qualifies as a greenface in Superbird's list).

Also, I wouldn't be too quick to buy what DarkAura is saying, but for all the role oddness we've been getting this game, it might just be feasible. At any rate, I'd keep a close eye on all the "could swing either way" players.

EDIT: D'oh, I've been ninja'd.

Actually this may not be a very clear-cut case; one of the most popular Wild Mass Guessings about Minecraft is this:

4Crdv.png

That's not fair. I'm certain you could find something like that for most of the characters.

Also, that would make sense for my character. I said already my role makes no sense.

Also my name is spelled with a k not an h why does everyone spell it wrong ;_;

4Crdv.png

...By that logic, I'd be Mafia for killing all those poor, innocent turrets, not to mention hastening doing that thing at the end of the first game. Although the second softens that a bit.

And sorry for the mis-vote, I forgot who had already died. I only remember Lakitu as that stupid thing on the cloud that dropped spikes on my head, so I'm for Worst Username Ever.

Back
Top Bottom