• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than one *autor*? I didn't know that... Who else is there other than Erin Hunter?

Erin Hunter's a pseudonym for the... three? writers who all contribute bits to the books.

If an author's name conveniently relates to the subject matter (especially in kid's books) - Hunter for Warriors, Daisy Meadows (actually five people) for the Rainbow Magic books, Adam Blade for the Beast Quest books - it's a fair bet it's a fake name, often with multiple people.

I find pseudonyms absolutely fascinating. It's great that Tennessee Williams, Lewis Carrol, Mark Twain, George Orwell and Anne Rice don't actually exist.

Okay, Anne Rice is forgiven because her real name is something like Howard O'Brian. And she's a woman. No wonder she writes such messed-up books.

Blade of Fire - Stuart Hill

I love the Icemark Chronicles, but this takes TOO. DAMN. LONG. TO READ.

And in the background, Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar. Guilty pleasure.

Dannichu said:
Erin Hunter's a pseudonym for the... three? writers who all contribute bits to the books.
Flora and Ashes said:

Vicky Holmes (editor and the one who makes up the plots, and she's the one that goes on tour), Kate Cary (one of the writers), Cherith Baldry (one of the writers) and Tui Sutherland (originally an editor, most recent addition to the Erins and now one of the writers). Yes, I am a dork. xD

Uh... forgive the ignorance, but why do they need so many writers? XD
I could have sworn there were only three before.

Tui isn't included in the website. o.o

That doesn't mean she isn't there. xD

The site sucks anyway; it has all those fake family trees and a bunch of other crap that's mainly excerpts from books and nobody really cares about them when you can just look at the book.

Vicky Holmes (editor and the one who makes up the plots, and she's the one that goes on tour), Kate Cary (one of the writers), Cherith Baldry (one of the writers) and Tui Sutherland (originally an editor, most recent addition to the Erins and now one of the writers). Yes, I am a dork. xD

Aww... I got confused. Like with Doctor Seuss when I was a kid...

For some reason I feel empty. No one genius?

I just got three books out from the library, so:

Last Battle of the Icemark - Stuart Hill
Ingo - Helen Dunmore
Lionboy - Zizou Corder

The last two are books I need to read because I have others in the series that people have gotten me. XD And the first is the third in an awesome series~ I can't believe it's out already, I was all set to wait for ages. <33 I was the first to get it out the library as well! And I'll be reading the Wicca series when the library bloody delivers the first one.

I'm an avid fan of the Warriors sieries. I just finished reading the Seekers book and am waiting for my reserved copy of Eclipse to come in at the library(I'm number 38 on the list...this could take awile)
Tui isn't included in the website. o.o
thats because the website never updatesXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom