• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read too many books at one time :P

Darkwing by Kenneth Oppel
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'engle (again)
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
Sunrise by Erin Hunter

Its very descriptive, but the first 20 pages were really slow.

We also have to read the adventures of huck finn

Catch-22

Because I finally found it at the library.

tell me how it is. it's one of the books on my shelf i have not yet read.

i decided on the crying of lot 49. i don't get what's going on; thomas pynchon is too good at writing. that, and i've only tried to read it in places where it's hard to concentrate on a book.

I finished Lolita last night. It is absolutely fabulous and I've been reccomending it to everyone ever. I have such mixed feelings for Humbert Humbert.
I love Nabokov's style. Definitely need to read more of him in the future.

Gonna start Moab is my Washpot by Stephen Fry. It can't be anything but awesome.

Its very descriptive, but the first 20 pages were really slow.

We also have to read the adventures of huck finn

I have to read Huck Finn too. In addition to Kindred (which I'm currently reading) and Kaffir Boy.

M is for Magic - Neil Gaiman
The Riddle ~ Alison Croggon
The Art of Destruction ~ Stephanie Cole
Wishing Well ~ Trevor Baxendale
Cosmic ~ Frank Cottrell Boyce

The last one is For Carnegie Book Award

Dark Calling- Darren Shan
darkcalling.jpg

It was extremely dull and talkative in the opening half but now it has turned into one of my favourite books. This looks to be one hell of a finale. :D

Wrong. I've completed the entire book now and its horribly bad. Was the fight supposed to be epic and important? Bec's been captured by Lord Loss, Meera & Juni died, Dervish is falling apart, the shadow has been temporally killed, the ark & the sky demons, ATLANTIS? A SPACESHIP? In retrospect this book isn't quite that good, characters are running off, getting killed without any time to care about them, they should've finished on the 6th book, that was an epic enough conclusion. If Grubbs doesn't get to fight Lord Loss once in this finale Darky's gonna be majorly unimpressed.On the other hand, Kernel is still definitely my favourite narrator.

I think its about time I read the Saga series again.

Anyone want to agree/disagree?

Last edited:
I'm trying to find one I can really get into. I read Impulse by Ellen Hopkins last night. Six hundred and sixty-six pages of WOW.

I'm reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown now.

i finished the crying of lot 49. i didn't get anything out of it, probably because i read it in places where i couldn't concentrate on books.

i'm going to start thus spoke zarathustra tonight. i've had enough fiction for a little while.. with things going on at home, i can use something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom