• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you really really like about Pokemon?

Dark Shocktail

Millachinchilla
We've had a topic that was about what frustrates us or makes us mad at Pokemon, so I decided to go for the other side of the coin ^_^ What are your favorite parts of the fanchise?

Personally, I like the endless possibilities. We all know that Pokemon can be taken in nearly any direction (look at all the different ideas fans come up with to do with the games, anime etc.) and that is great. I know that the same formula is often used for official things but when the fans get their hands on it, it's awesome.

Which brings me to the next thing I like about Pokemon. The diversity within the fandom. It'd be boring if everyone agreed with each other and I like the different opinions everyone has ^_^

I like the element of strategy, and the fact that, really, the game doesn't have much of an end. You can do anything you like: Contests, competitive battling, completing the PokéDex, Pokémon breeding...

I also like the fact that you can name your Pokémon anything you like. Little One is a popular name here. I sort of have a motherly personality when it comes to taking care of things younger and smaller than me. :P

I like the fact there is so many different possibilities--and so many questions that have yet to be answered.

Plus, if you look past the cute creatures, Pokemon can be a very mathmatical game.

I like the number of possibilities too - the fact that you can take the same general idea of a world full of people and monsters and turn it into so many different things. It allows for a lot of creative freedom, which is good for the people into fanstuff. :p

After that I'd say it's the monsters themselves that I like. What would the franchise be without those?

Like has been said, the number of sheer possibilities. In various other games I've played, there's only one plot and, aside from a couple different places in the game, only one way to go about beating it.

Pokémon, however, while you still go about beating it the same way, allows for you to pick exactly how hard the game is and exactly how you beat the game. You can try loading your team with Caterpie and attempting to beat the Elite Four, or you can grab your six best Pokémon and go sweep the Elite Four. Same game, but the whole point is to beat it in completely different ways.

I like how you can do so much to the sprites, you can splice, scratch, recolour etc. etc. There's so much to do!

Oh, and you can make RPGs about Pokémon :3

How cute they all are :3

And the lifespan of the games - I've never played another game close to the play time on some of my Pokemon games; well over 500 hours on some of them.

I like how it isn't a game where you go up to the enemy and press buttons to defeat them, all the while they're defeating you. I'm not very good at those kind of games and lose often. I also like the plot, the Pokemon and fact that the gameplay almost everywhere.

Lucario, Meowth and Alakazam.

That the games have uncovered the secret of eternal youth; they never get old.

That I don't have WiFi and so no-one can ever find out how much I suck.

Lots besides.

One huge plus for Pokémon - the elements aren't Earth, Water, Fire and Wind.

Also, it's that whole strategy thing. And is that a Beldum? Oh, yes, it is.

Another thing I like about Pokémon is that the characters from the 3rd generation on were pretty much pure epic win.

What I like is that they're nearly impossible to finish. That way I don't stop playing it forever.

Another thing I like about Pokémon is that the characters before the 3rd generation were pretty much pure epic win.

Fixed...

This'll be a clone of everyone else's post, but I'll say it anyway to make this post not-spammish.

The endlessness, thehuge number of things to do, the free-roaming (Sort of), the balance of cute cuddly furrballs to BIG SPIKEY FIRE-BREATHING MONSTERS RAWR

And so on.

Back
Top Bottom