• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

Darkrai says hello.
Cresselia says hello.

Anyway, I can't possible think of any new legendaries they can make up unless they represent life and death itself. (No, I'm not counting Mew, because Mew is more like an embryo)

Oh, have a section in the Pokedex where you can view the pogey manz via region, instead of having to scroll.

Doesn't the National Dex do that?

Anyway pure flying type
Dark Type gym leader

But that still requires scrolling down right to the end to Sinnoh pokemon. I meant as in divide each ... oh whatever.

I think having a three way champion battle would be pretty interesting. Like, have your rival come when you're about to challenge the champ, and all three fight at once. Though that'd never happen.

Some simple Pokemon animations during the actual battle would be nice. Also, I want NPCs to act a little more lifelike. They need to move around a lot more, not be confined to a few tiles that they pace around for all eternity.

Some simple Pokemon animations during the actual battle would be nice. Also, I want NPCs to act a little more lifelike. They need to move around a lot more, not be confined to a few tiles that they pace around for all eternity.

As long as they're not like the obnoxious Final Fantasy VI characters that constantly get in your way when your trying to go somewhere.

I have some ideas of my own:

-Different trainers for different versions. It would be pretty cool to have one set playable characters on one game and an entirely different set of characters for the other game.
-Taking the above to the extreme, it would be pretty awesome for the two games to have entirely different plots.
-An evo or pre-evo for Absol
I do too!
-I wanna see a Fire/Ice, Fire/Grass, or Fire/Water Pokemon. Although it will probably never happen, it would be pretty epic.
-A Pseudo-Legendary that's NOT a Dragon-type! (Excluding Metagross)
Tyranitar isn't dragon, it's rock Dark...
-More representatives for the Dragon, Dark, Ghost, and Steel-types would be nice. Also, we need some UU Dragons! Altaria's getting lonely.
-New stuff for Secret Bases. If you get a lot of money, you should be able to buy a REAL TV, A Poffin maker, or even your very own PC or healing device (like in the Pokemon Centers.)

Ideas that I agree with:

-More ability to actually interact with other trainers (Like more options for responses)
-Multiple regions
-More character choices if we don't get different characters on each of the two games (Although PBR already did this. But then again, it doesn't have as much replayability as D/P/P.)

Yes
-Champion Mode, but I'd do it somewhat differently. After beating the game, you could either choose a Training Session where you fight the Elite Four again; or, if you were called out, you could initiate a Champion battle.
Interesting and I like it, it'd just be difficult to do, as your team would be corrected to reasonable levels, as would the opponent.
-A unique name for the next Professor. Tree names are getting old. I dunno if Rowan is a tree, though.

-Zangy and Sevy evos, plz!
-More fire types, please! (And not as many being dogs...)
-A mosquito pokemon
-Three and Four way battles?

Zangoose and Seviper getting evos seems unlikely, even though a Seviper evo could possibly get it into the UU, BL, or even OU tier. Pre-evos seem more plausible.

And as for Tyranitar, I guess I was thinking Tyranitar was a bit too dragon-like back then. But still, I wanna see a more Special-oriented Pseudo-legendary.

Three-way battles sound absolutely epic in theory. However, it could be hard to pull off in practice.

I'd like..
Mawile!! Evo or pre-evo
Tropical places
More regions in each game, There could be a tropical region, mountainous region, etcsurrounding each other
and you could freely travel between them, each having their own gyms and a league in
the middle
At least two girl and boy choices
Dark type gym
MORE FIRE TYPES
MORE PLOT(Diamond didn't make sense. Dialga controls time!)
Career sub-plots!! You could abandon training and work as a coordinator!! Imagine, contest gyms!
Pure flying!
More ice!

I want tons of stuff.

• Palm trees!
  • More fire types, definitely.
  • A pure flying type. With two evos!
  • The ability to join the evil team. Even a spin-off where you join Team Rocket would be cool enough for me.
  • A total Absol prevo, but one that's available in tall grasses.
  • Bring the Dive feature back!

That's definitely not it, but that's all I can think of right about now.

I have one thing to say: Pokemon Breeder game! You could be given a small farm with that generations Rattata and Pidgey and Starter pokemon, then as time passes you expand and rarer pokemon can come. Of course, in order to upgrade your farm, you have to care for your Pokemon. Also, how you care for them can determine what type of farms appear to upgrade to. When your farm is big enough, you can fence off spaces to keep seperate Pokemon, and eventually get multiple farms. Then, there would be a special farm that you could store pokemon from the main game in to raise and care for. I also forgot to mention that the farm's pokemon can breed, hence the name, but only if they are in the same egg group, like in the games. The game also keeps track of a pokemon's attacks, since you would be able to transport them to the main pokemon game once they are so many days/weeks old, and on there they will have a special ribbon. Okay, I'm done.

Yes.

Also, I'd definetly like to see an improvement on secret bases

Or a Dark>Psychic>Fighting Starter triangle ><
little problem here. Say I start out with a psychic type. My moves wouldnt affect the dak type pokemon. THis is also why dark>ghost>fighting wont work. Bug, rock, flying works. My thoughts are We should have a fighting type and bug type legendaries, and as we cant get much bigger than Arceus, How about Pokemon revolt. "All these years Pokemon had stood by ur side, fighting the evil spirits in our land. But now, a new threat has emerged. In the new land called ____, pokemon have revolted. Now its up to you, to befriend the pokemon and save the world." Or, since it says Arceus only shaped the Universe, who created it?

What do I want to see in the 5th gen?
Simple...
1. Dark type gym.
2. Different starter triangle, personally, I'd like to see a Fighting/Flying/Rock type triangle, since it's the only "working" type triangle that doesn't include any of the original three types(Fire/Water/Grass), iirc.
3. Less new pokémon, or at least have most new pokémon be pre-evos/evos of older pokémon.
4. More "unique" type combinations, such as a Dark/Dragon type pokémon, or a Normal/Ghost type pokémon, or even a Fire/Water type... a pure Flying type would also be nice.
5. Another console game with an RPG mode, either continuing/expanding on the previous Orre games or adding yet another new region...

What do I want to see in the 5th gen?
Simple...
3. Less new pokémon, or at least have most new pokémon be pre-evos/evos of older pokémon.

I couldn't disagree more. Prevos are absolutely useless and evos of existing Pokémon are usually lame appearance-wise; see Electivire.

I'd personally prefer more new Pokémon with an original concept, such as when Stunky was introduced, it was the only Pokémon based on a skunk. However, I wouldn't like to see them in too large a number.

There are so many animal and plant species which haven't even been touched on yet, it seems pointless to go around making prevos and evos, which really isn't that creative.

I'd really like to see less legendaries, like back in the 1st gen when there was essentially only the bird trio, Mewtwo and Mew.

First off:
Less new pokémon. (Sinnoh pokémon suck)
A more complicated storyline. Even one where you can join evil teams, steal stuff, ect. Except you would have to like, be on the team long enough to steal. Humans getting exp. doesn't sound appealing.
More Steel-types. They are tied for my favorite. So more Water-types too.
Maybe make some side quests for fossils, instead of searching the underground for two hours.
One of the main things they should have would be customizing your charecter. Like, choose if he wears a hat, what color he's wearing, stuff like that.
Bring back Dive! That was one of my favorite moves! Plus, you can find all sorts of expensive things underwater. ^_^
Maybe they should have on giant region with several parts, (West Lore, East Lore, ect.) Cause we could do with an Island region.

More Steel-types. They are tied for my favorite. So more Water-types too.

More steel-types sound fine, but Water is already the most dominant type of the game, so I'd actually vote for laying back a bit on the Water Pokemon. More Fires would be nice - after all, in Sinnoh, you could only get 2 Fire Pokemon before the Elite 4, one of which was a starter.

Back
Top Bottom