• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

Less new pokémon. (Sinnoh pokémon suck)

BUT SINNOH WAS HANDS DOWN THE BEST ONE

No seriously, the worst designs was the very first generation, they were all boring and uninspired compared to the best ones, the third and the fourth.

/generation discussion

On second note, I do agree that there needs to be more steel types, I'd love to see a Ghost/Steel type.

Yes...Ghost-Steel is a type I've been wanting. Or Ghost-Dragon. And SINNOH POKEMON SUCK no matter how much you deny it. But Hoenn pokémon were impressive I have to admit.

No, not Luvdisc. But Seviper, Relicanth, and the Aron evolution line were awsome. That and Sableye. He was part of my first competitive competition team. It wasn't a bad team.

Ridiculous type combos are stupid. Ghost/Steel? How would that work? Similarly, Fire/Water doesn't make any sense at all.

I'd have to say that all the generations had good designs. Some were better than others. Claiming that one generation was completely horrible is ridiculous.

Ridiculous type combos are stupid. Ghost/Steel? How would that work? Similarly, Fire/Water doesn't make any sense at all.

I'd have to say that all the generations had good designs. Some were better than others. Claiming that one generation was completely horrible is ridiculous.

Well, a bunch of ghost Pokemon have corporal objects on their body. So I was thinking a sort of nightmare steed with steel plates covering various parts of it? I don't know, but my point is that Ghost/Steel is plausible.

Fire/Water is, however, completely ridiculous, I'll give ya that.

Giratina
Why hello there.

Ah. I forgot about Giratina. It's one of my least favorites anyway...So...I forgot.
I meant non-legendary anyway. And Metallica Fanboy is right. Any type combo is plausible if well played. But Fire-Water would still be wierd...

Wow, I'd probably have never thought of most of these ideas myself. I have to agree with the DIY Gym and You are the real Champion ideas. Also, more variety with environments. Oftentimes, the areas in Pokemon are too ordinary, or too extreme. Eeveelutions? I've got some ideas for two myself. A pure flying type should have been done ages ago. I heard that Chatot was almost one, but didn't quite get there.

Ideas for new types:

LIGHT
Weak to: Dark, Normal, Ground.
Resistant to: Steel, Fire, Ice.
Immune to: Itself.
Good against: Steel, Water, Ice.

SOUND
Weak to: Itself, Dragon.
Resistant to: Fire, Electric.
Immune to: None.
Good against: Water, Ground.

Career choice sounds nice, too.

Plot variation is needed.

Last edited:
Well, a bunch of ghost Pokemon have corporal objects on their body. So I was thinking a sort of nightmare steed with steel plates covering various parts of it? I don't know, but my point is that Ghost/Steel is plausible.

Fire/Water is, however, completely ridiculous, I'll give ya that.

You could have a Pokemon based completely on steam.

Ideas for new types:

LIGHT
Weak to: Dark, Normal, Ground.
Resistant to: Steel, Fire, Ice.
Immune to: Itself.
Good against: Steel, Water, Ice.

SOUND
Weak to: Itself, Dragon.
Resistant to: Fire, Electric.
Immune to: None.
Good against: Water, Ground.

Can somebody please give me a logical reason that new types should be needed at all? I really don't see one. And I do not mean anything like "We have a Dark type, why not a Light one?" The fact is, they aren't needed.

Dark = nocturnal, dirty fighters, disasters, generally being an all-around dick

I'm not sure how Light is needed.

If they had to add a new type... MM's idea for a Chaos type would be best.

Medical Meccanica said:
Pokemon that have had the Chaos type added
Absol
Darkrai
Mankey/Primeape
Shuppet/Banette
Ditto (instead of Normal)
Muk

Moves that have changed to the Chaos type
Me First
Pain Split
Perish Song
Rage
Swagger
Torment
Nasty Plot
Punishment
Grudge

New Chaos-type Moves
Strange Strike - Power 30, Accuracy 100, may confuse. Physical.
Chaotic Noise - Power 100, Accuracy 90. Does not work against Soundproof Pokemon. Special.
Arcane Blast - Power 120, Accuracy 100, user takes recoil (1/8). Special

Chaos type matchups
Weak to: Normal, Steel
Strong (attacking) against: Normal, Dark, Dragon
Resistant against: Ghost, Dark, Fire
Takes no damage from: Dragon

I'm not sure how Light is needed.

If they had to add a new type... MM's idea for a Chaos type would be best.

As I take it, they don't need Light, because Fighting pretty much takes it's place.

Fighting = usually honorable fighters, no cheap tricks, etc

How about a boiling water pokemon? Steam can very easily burn things, with it's molecular motion.

And look, we needed steel and dark because psychic was ridiculously overpowerful. Adding any new types would totally mess that up.

Back
Top Bottom