• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Games Are You Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only really playing Platinum. Still. For some reason I'm really reluctant to finish it. I need to find some interesting Wii and N64 games. Or interesting DS games.

DS: Platinum( starting a new game and now regret it)
GCN:SSBM ( I'm just attached to this game)
GBA: Ruby ( borrowed from a friend so I can try it)

Playing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes for the Wii, and owning my friend with my unbeatable team of Casshan and Rock Volnutt.

We also alternate between that and the Dreamcast version of the original Marvel vs. Capcom. The good one. Not the shitty Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

I bought Klonoa! (Lol at the coupon for Wahoo's I found inside. Yay free tacos.)

Okay, I have to say that when I booted up the game I didn't know that there was an English voicetrack in the game. I'm definitely not a snob when it comes to dubs, but I nearly strangled someone after I heard Klonoa's English voice. It did not fit him AT ALL and the acting was abysmal. I switched it to Phantomile first thing, but even that sounds kind of wonky compared to how it was in 2, where it sounded like a real language. Here it kind of sounds like Pokemon speak.

It's...erm...not quite as compelling as Klonoa 2 was so far, plotwise. I mean, 2 started out kind of slow, but this is even slower. (This being Klonoa, however, I'm probably going to run into a plot twist that'll shut me up on this issue pretty soon) Likewise for gameplay. Still, it's quite enjoyable. Loving the soundtrack.

Last edited:
I bought Klonoa! (Lol at the coupon for Wahoo's I found inside. Yay free tacos.)

Okay, I have to say that when I booted up the game I didn't know that there was an English voicetrack in the game. I'm definitely not a snob when it comes to dubs, but I nearly strangled someone after I heard Klonoa's English voice. It did not fit him AT ALL and the acting was abysmal. I switched it to Phantomile first thing, but even that sounds kind of wonky compared to how it was in 2, where it sounded like a real language. Here it kind of sounds like Pokemon speak.

It's...erm...not quite as compelling as Klonoa 2 was so far, plotwise. I mean, 2 started out kind of slow, but this is even slower. (This being Klonoa, however, I'm probably going to run into a plot twist that'll shut me up on this issue pretty soon) Likewise for gameplay. Still, it's quite enjoyable. Loving the soundtrack.

It's the first Klonoa game. All they did was give it an overhaul to give an overall feel similar to 2. Oh, and the reason the Klonoan language seems funky, it's cause almost none of the voice actors returned from the first. Kumiko Watanabe was the only one to reprise her role as Klonoa.

But of course, the english dub is the only reason I'm still playing the Japanese version of the game u.u Just something about Klonoa speaking in Japanese feels so familiar after playing Namco X Capcom.

Anyways, playing a bunch of doujin games, and whatnot now. Right now, I found this interesting fighting game called MONSTER. It's like Guilty Gear and Melty Blood, and is heavily combo oriented, so in order to do decent damage, you need to know how to combo...

I'm also playing Million KNights Vermillion. I don't know why, but the official name really is KNights, and not Knights for some reason. It's kinda fun. Just not as fun as Big Bang Beat. Only thing better is that the former uses hi-res sprites.

It's the first Klonoa game. All they did was give it an overhaul to give an overall feel similar to 2. Oh, and the reason the Klonoan language seems funky, it's cause almost none of the voice actors returned from the first. Kumiko Watanabe was the only one to reprise her role as Klonoa.

I know it's a remake, but I never played the original Klonoa and know almost nothing about it.

And that makes sense, especially seeing as Klonoa, at least at this point, barely speaks.

I've revived the full line of older Megaman (Plus 9) games and been playing them off the clocks. (1-7, 9, and X1-3) :> Geez I suck. I try to do no-damage buster-only but end up barely surviving at all. Fweeee.

I've also recently found out my laptop runs Team Fortress 2 unlike my cruddy graphics card wielding desktop, so I've been on that tons with a couple friends~ Albeit still a bit slow, but playable. (If you have totally add me on Steam so you can watch me get my arse kicked / kick my arse~ )

DS: I'm playing Pearl and Platinum for about half an hour (combined) every now and then. Maybe twice a week, much more at the weekend. I'm playing Age of Empires more than I used to instead, basically.

Wii: Mario Kart and SSBB. I'm also playing XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokemon Colosseum using the special controllers on the Wii. Also Mario Strikers Charged.

PC: Age of Empires Two. Epic game of epic proportion.

GBA: Leaf Green and Sapphire

(o.O I play a lot of games O.o)

I know it's a remake, but I never played the original Klonoa and know almost nothing about it.

And that makes sense, especially seeing as Klonoa, at least at this point, barely speaks.

He goes a hell lot more talkative at the end thought.

L'il Dwagie said:
I've also recently found out my laptop runs Team Fortress 2 unlike my cruddy graphics card wielding desktop, so I've been on that tons with a couple friends~ Albeit still a bit slow, but playable. (If you have totally add me on Steam so you can watch me get my arse kicked / kick my arse~ )

I will if I ever get my hands on that game, which I try to do.

Either way, I play Megaman 2 on my emulator, and I must say, it's a hell lot easier then Megaman 3 and 4. You can totally own everything in your way with the Metal-Blades. But I still can't beat Quickman's stage, because of those yellow pillar, thingies.

Status update on what I'm playing!

EarthBound: Beat the Kraken and the pyramid dungeon and retrieved the Hawk Eye. Currently in the Dungeon Man

Animal Crossing: Still doing the same stuff. I made Jeff, Lucas and Claus in my game XD

Rhythm Heaven: Trying to get medals since I have know clue how to do one of the games. Medal Tally is at 7

Pokemon Yellow: Going through Viridian Forest. My team is Pika/Pikachu, Pidge/Pidgey, Nido(female sign)/Nidoran female, Nido(male sign)/Nidoran Male, Monkey/Mankey and Cat/Metapod. All around levels ranging from 8-10

DS: Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (I got it for Christmas, but I've barely played it until now. At the moment I'm wandering aimlessly around Peril Cliffs, trying to make my way back to the Rampardos. DX) EDIT: (Scratch that, I just got unstuck~)

GBA: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (Got to the ending in 3 days without trying (D:), now working on 100% completion. So far I've obtained all the maps and explored every room, so now I'm going for all the treasure I've missed. When I can be bothered, that is. I do want to unlock Boss Rush, though.)

Once again I'm thinking about starting Yellow over (it's all this talk of HeartGold and SoulSilver that makes me want to play the retro Pokemon games, I think). I'm also considering getting Super Paper Mario sometime soon, as it's something I've been meaning to do for a while. I was a big fan of Paper Mario: TTYD.

Last edited:
^
Isn't MadWorld the shit?

Anyways, I started playing Phantasy Star Zero for the DS. I couldn't wait half a year for the english version, so I figured why not. I'm also playing Knights in the Nightmare.

Indeed it is.

Yeah, I got it when it first came out, awesomely fun game but I have to play it in short bursts to stop it getting repetitive. Great game though.

Heh, I'm one of those people who can play it for hours without getting tired of it. I just find it impossible for me to get bored of killing my enemies so violently, no matter how many times I do it, even if it's the same way every time. Although the black and white with a hint of red can hurt your eyes after a while.
Who's your favorite boss? I'm all about Von Twirlenkiller; something about having plane turbines for arms just seems awesome.

Wii;
SSBB
GC;
Star wars Rogue Leader Rebel Strike
PS2;
Battlefront
PS3;
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
Force Unleashed
DS;
Platinum
Diamond

Playing Kitten for the DS (Knights in the Nightmare. Abbreviates as KitN. Get it?). I got my Artboo-- err, Tome of Souls with it when I got the game last week too. Best. Artbook. Ever.

This game beats Yggdra Union's ass, massively. The play style is awesome, and I don't feel like I'm being left out of the action, soundtrack is solid, and it's got permadeath, something you don't see in very many strategy games these days. Plus, it gets bonus points for the fact that I'm actually enjoying an RTS. To this day I only enjoy two of them; Kitten, and Red Alert 3.

I'm trying to get farther in Persona 3 now, but of course, I'm having fusion troubles. :/ (It won't work!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom