• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What instrument do you play?

What instrument do you play?

• Total voters
I don't play an instrument, but three of my friends play piano, and one plays the baritone sax. It's huge.

Violin and piano. I also did tenor recorder for like three years, but that's mandatory.

Depends on how you define "play", but I guess piano, accordion, and drums; I used to play the clarinet when I was a kid, but I quit, and when you quit the clarinet, the clarinet ragequits you back, so no longer.

Apart from the clarinet, I taught myself all the aforementioned instruments on my own, which means that I suck pretty hard - hence "depends on how you define 'play'".

I can also play E minor on the guitar. Only E minor.

I voted Flute and Other, since I play the pan flute. Somewhat unorthodox, I know, but still.

I should add, incidentally, that I recently learnt the GSC Bike Theme. I might record it and put it on my as-of-yet fabulously empty YouTube account some time.

I play metal guitar and keyboard. And I know some basic drum fundamentals.

Really, I can play any instrument you put in front of me except for the reed/woodwind and brass category.

Yeah it counts as percussion, although of course technically it should probably be string. I guess it's just the fact that you don't directly operate the strings yourself.

I play piano, flute and piccolo, alto/bass/contralto clarinet, alto/tenor saxophone, and I'm (slowly) learning oboe. Can play a bit of guitar, too.

1) You have to practice, like, 2 hours minimum on each instrument (I've managed to get away with one hour though)
2)They're always dragging you to concerts you'd rather not go to and which are a waste of your time
3)They're always practicing their instruments, giving you no peace
4)They make your life annoying when you're practicing by butting in every five seconds to tell you something that either you already knew, or had no interest in hearing.

Honestly, the best thing is that I'm home alone often.

I play piano and guitar, though very infrequently. I'm not usually motivated enough to practice either of them so that just isn't good for me. I do play piano for my school's jazz band, though.

There's no option for people who play more than one! I play guitar, flute, clarinet, cello, and drums. Mostly guitar and cello.

Back
Top Bottom