• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What instrument do you play?

What instrument do you play?

• Total voters
...... *headdesk* I can't win today.

Back on topic, I learned clarinet first, then flute. Picked up cello, and learned guitar and drums because I always wanted to.

French Horn and Mellophone (For marching band....which I suck at). Oh yeah, and I play piano....well, haven't done it in ages, so I guess "played" would be proper tense.

Violin, Piccolo, Alto Flute, Concert Flute and I'm slowly teaching myself the Piano.

Oh, did I mention that I played the steelpan? Maybe you'd know it better as the Caribbean Steel Drum?

I had one year of harp lessons. I sucked and have no musical talent whatsoever.

I don't, because I'm too cool for instruments!

*sob* my life is meaningless

I have played flute since I was eleven, and I did piano lessons for most of elementary school but quit. Piano still comes in handy, though, because now I can read both clefs and am fairly good at sight-reading. And I can learn my choir and theater music before we learn in class because I still have a keyboard to plunk out the notes. =D

1) You have to practice, like, 2 hours minimum on each instrument (I've managed to get away with one hour though)
2)They're always dragging you to concerts you'd rather not go to and which are a waste of your time
3)They're always practicing their instruments, giving you no peace
4)They make your life annoying when you're practicing by butting in every five seconds to tell you something that either you already knew, or had no interest in hearing.

Honestly, the best thing is that I'm home alone often.

I envy you. Both of my parents don't play instruments and lessons are very expensive. I was able to learn a bit of piano for a few years, but I'm not very good. I've almost forgotten how to play due to lack of practice D: I can play the recorder and the glockenspiel (sp?) because of school :D

^ Your parents have nothing to do with lessons. My teacher costs $80/hour, but he's a good teacher. And Piano, you don't forget, you just lose skill.

^ Your parents have nothing to do with lessons. My teacher costs $80/hour, but he's a good teacher. And Piano, you don't forget, you just lose skill.

If my parents were musicians, they'd teach me, so parents do have a connection with ability to play instruments. About lessons, either I'm not making myself clear to them or they don't want me to learn...

Yeah, but neither of my parents know how to play good piano, and my dad taught me very little about Clarinet--I learned most of it from the school Band.

I used to play the piano but since we don't actually own a real piano I gave up because it was sucky not being able to practise properly. :| I miss it, though! I can't read manuscript but I really enjoyed playing what I do know.

Back
Top Bottom