• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What is your idea of the perfect Pokemon Game?

Grinning Calamity

HATES YO FACE!
What is your idea of the perfect Pokemon Game?

I think it would link all the regions into one game. It would probably be awesome if you could have any baby/basic pokemon as a starter, too.

Features I would include:
-Hidden Bases
-Underground Wi-Fi
-GTS
-Wi-Fi Battling
-Poketech
-Every Pokemon would be obtainable somehow without events.
-No HM's... I just hate those.

An option at the beginning to choose the difficulty.

Diamond and Perl Easy
Ruby and Sapphire medium
Gold and Crystal hard
Red and Blue EXTREAM

I would go with extreme. Anyway, the pokemon games are way to easy, and this will make it teh awesome.

An option at the beginning to choose the difficulty.

Diamond and Perl Easy
Ruby and Sapphire medium
Gold and Crystal hard
Red and Blue EXTREAM

I would go with extreme. Anyway, the pokemon games are way to easy, and this will make it teh awesome.

What's with the version references? They make no sense.

Anyways, I'd be happy with a game that wasn't so fricking easy. XD and Colosseum got low reviews but whatever they were actually something of a challenge. DP and GSC are just... too easy. Emerald gets points for Battle Frontier, which was unique and a twist on the same ol', same ol'. Etc.

Wi-Fi Contests
Wi-Fi Battles
Heck, everything as an option to be Wi-fi enabled.
Bike Races on Wi-Fi.
Travel to all 4 regions.
If you could pick the region you start in.
And uh, if you could customize your trainer instead of having half the world look like each other.

Definitely going with Stryke's idea for customizable characters.

Also bring back more aspects from the GSC era, namely the phone, radio, and pokedex ordering. Maybe include the apricorn system again, that was pretty neat, albeit tedious.

Well, including even the things we have now:

- Game reflecting time of day.
- Link all regions together to play, or at least link back to region of previous generation.
- Customizable trainers (Atleast D/P gave you a small choice on what you wanted or would most like to be)
- Have customizable rooms again, changing your consoles was awesome in GSC!
- Mystery Gift that can let you spontaneously get items or furniture, much like GSC
- That same Mystery Gift function being available with Wi-Fi
- Let you actually type in words character by character in letters to attach to your Pokemon for trade, etc. I was really disappointed seeing that you could only use the words they give you >=/ I mean, there should be times where you can type in words, and type by word.
- Secret Bases
- Wi-Fi Underground, even if it can only be done by Friend Code (which may be better IMO)
- Secret Bases
- GTS
- Wi-Fi battling
- Some Pokemon-Gadget thingy that the game always renames every generation...

That's all I can really think of now...

Something with a dark and awesome plot that makes drooling fangirls/guys of us all. (like Fire Emblem or something) Unfortunately this hasn't happened yet.
Otherwise, I would really like smarter AIs but slightly lower-leveled Pokemon. Wouldn't this make it more challenging yet not monotonous?

Amber

I need something epic and awesome (plotwise), with NO FREAKIN' EVIL TEAM and something that doesn't revolve around a legendary Pokemon. Please. Also, don't make two versions as a cheap marketing trick. Don't make Arceus catchable. Make there be TONS and TONS of places to explore. (Exploration has always been one of my favourite parts of Pokemon games.) So that means no old regions-- I'm sick of people saying how awesome it would be to link them all. :/ I want terra incognita-- a new region to explore. And a loooong game, too.

Not too many criteria, right?

Hmm...

The Day/Night sytem from G/S/C/D/P, the dramatic two-on-two batles from Colosseum (dark Pokemon and all), a darker style in both music and graphics, a twisty plot, no moar Gym/Elite 4 crap, a team that's actually evil and not cheesy-as-hell, human deaths (come on, if some giant legendary was really pissy and attacked someone, it wouldn't wait for them to send out whatever Pokemon they have!), more than two dramatic cutscenes, older main characters with talking options (just like many other RPGs), longer gameplay, levels that go waaay over 100, the ability to let any Pokemon follow you around anywhere (like that Park in D/P, but anywhere with any Pokemon), more difficult gameplay... Gah, most of those things would be so much more likely if Nintendo stopped marketing towards kids. x_x

Last edited:
A game for someone who isn't ten would be nice. I like a game with a bit of realism like if you meet the 'bad' team their actually ARE evil. And lack a stupid name. A less crappy gameplay. No stupid plotline. Ditch the boring rival and Professer <insert tree here>. I'll add more later.

I wish Nintendo would make a final Pokemon game. Eventhough it won't happen, I wish it would. They could make a Pokemon game where you travel through all four regions and collect all 32 badges. If Nintendo made a new region and new Pokemon you could just go to your local game store and pay for an upgrage. The game would just be called "Pokemon". If the Pokemon games don't stop coming out individually we'll eventually be playing Pokemon Carbon and Pokemon Sulfur. Nintendo could still make sequels to the Pokemon spin-offs (Ranger and Mystery Dungeon) because they barely have any multiplayer modes. Eventhough it's fun, I get tired of making a new team for each game. I could just transfer my teams from the older games, but then I would have a box full of high-leveled Pokemon lacking inspiration.

That was the first paragraph of the thread, The Final Pokemon Game, I started in the Upcoming games section.

Above-ground secrect bases is something I would really like to see in the perfect game.

EDIT: The story could be sort of like the end of the world, and there would be chaos everywhere. Your job: Defeat all of the existing legendary Pokemon. The legendaries could be the ones destroying the world. You can't catch them until you beat the main story part. Mew would be the last one. That would be awesome if you had to journey to the most corrupted part of the world to defeat Mew. The max level would be 250. I'll think of more later.

Last edited:
I don't know, something for the Wii. A great big game, with 3-D wild Pokemon encounters, secret bases, but all in 3-D, and with a wide selection of Pokemon. *Dreams of a GSC remake on the Wii, then sighs wistfully* ...Oh, and all the features mentioned above.

The portableness of the games is why I play them so much. Mabye you could buy a Wii disk with it and somehow be able to play on the same save file for both Wii and portable. Or... If it was its own portable system, it could be compatible with SD cards, so if you wanted to play it on your Wii, all you would need to do is stick in the SD card and start up the Wii with the disk inserted. Then once you're done you could put the SD card back into the portable.

That's actually a good idea...

A fusion of DPP and GSC would do it for me. I can't be arsed to list all the individual things that would make a game epic for me.

A darker game that's not centered around ten-year-olds. Maybe something TPish, like some sort of parallel dimension with Giratina somewhere in it. Customizable characters (like the way you dress up your pokeymans in DP), maybe a free shiny *cough*.

I don't know, something for the Wii. A great big game, with 3-D wild Pokemon encounters, secret bases, but all in 3-D, and with a wide selection of Pokemon. *Dreams of a GSC remake on the Wii, then sighs wistfully* ...Oh, and all the features mentioned above.

I actually designed a game like this... albeit, it was only in my rather large and rather silly imagination. Oh, and the battles were real-time, so you basically hotkey your moves to certain buttons and then move around the battle, attacking whenever you like instead of waiting for your turn.

Back
Top Bottom