• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What ships do you sail?

Drifloon Rocks

Honey, please don't eat the rancid dung.
I just want to know what everyone else thinks. NO ARGUING! Just post what you ship and maybe why.

PokeShipping- Ash and Misty: It was there from the beginning of the show, and there were so many hints.

ContestShipping- May and Drew: Watch the Hoenn and Battle Frontier episodes. It's obvious.

PenguinShipping- Dawn and Kenny: Just because they look cute together and she acts very different around him. And him calling her Deedee.

RocketShipping- Jessie and James: The fact that their names go together, and the fact that they get married and have a kid in the Manga.

Deedee in Chinese = Lil' Bro. Kinda. In case you wanted to know...

Aww, we should have this thread in the Entertainment thread so it can include all ships, not just Pokemon ones.

(I have an irrational fear of starthing threads, though, so someone else do it)

Uh, Gary and Ash I guess? I normally prefer femslashy stuff, but no two girls ever travel together, so... D:

Dawn+Ash... definetely

Misty kinda flirted with him
May never really had anythign with him except for that "banned under the mistletoe" episode but in my books that does not count.
Dawn is ash's equal, shes not load mouthed like Misty or simple like May, Dawn is Ash's equal

Palletshipping: More canon than Pokéshipping will ever be. Why? The hints are, you know, ACTULY THERE? Plus they are cute together~!
Contestshipping: Canon. That is all~
Pengiunshipping: Kenji is actacted to the girl. Plus, even if it's one sided, It's cute.

And I kinda have been fomulating this Pengiunshipping/Ikarishipping/Comashipping/Palletshipping thing. Don't ask.

*pokes usertitle* SoulSplit Shipping- Ash, the King of Pokelantis, Ashley, and Ashachu.

...What?

PikaShipping- Pikachu and Ash

:D

Since this is for the anime, I will spare you from anything vaguely ingame.
Alright, first and foremost, the conversion has happened-
Palletshipping. Far more prevalent in the original; the Japanese version's Pokeshipping, sort of.
Contestshipping- yes, the bandwagon has been stamped to death, but it's sort of cute and everything.
And, partially Rocketshipping. I mean, it's sweet for some odd reason.
And, for an annoying twist, Playfulshipping.
To an extent, Loveshipping. I tried way too hard to resist, and failed. In the Pokemon fandom, my opinions about shipping get very enforced, then slip and change easily, especially with new ideas introduced.
AND LOL, TV JUST SAID SOMETHING ABOUT SHIPPING.
I did a double take there.

Last edited:
Palletshipping, like Ketsu said, more hints.

Ikarishipping. <333 My favourite, really. Especially because I portray Paul as a BHM and Dawn as an FA~ (let's see if anyone knows what those are). Anyways, because I like angry-brooding boy with happy-extrovert girl.

Hm...Maybe I should try that for Palletshipping...:3

I don't really care for shipping. I'm not really that interested in romance really, and I just don't really care.

Plus, most ships aren't actually canon unless I've missed something REALLY obvious. And if it's glaringly obvious canon to the point that they're actually shown being together and kissing and stuff... well, I don't think they're shippings anymore.

Last edited:
Palletshipping and Contestshipping.

Since I guess the thread only counts for the anime shippings, my otherwise enormous list will be short.

I don't really care for shipping. I'm not really that interested in romance really, and I just don't really care.

Plus, no ships are actually canon unless I've missed something REALLY obivious. And if it's glaringly obivious canon to the point that they're actually shown being together and kissing and stuff... well, I don't think they're shippings anymore.

No, you can ship canon pairings. Loads of HP pairings are confirmed canon by the final book, but people who support X/Y are still called shippers, regardless of whether X and Y are actually together.
Like Lily/James, for example, is obviously canon and always has been, but a person could say "I'm a Lily/James shipper", as opposed to, say, Lily/Snape or James/Sirius. Or something.

I might come back and redo this post when I make more sense.

No, you can ship canon pairings. Loads of HP pairings are confirmed canon by the final book, but people who support X/Y are still called shippers, regardless of whether X and Y are actually together.
Like Lily/James, for example, is obviously canon and always has been, but a person could say "I'm a Lily/James shipper", as opposed to, say, Lily/Snape or James/Sirius. Or something.

I might come back and redo this post when I make more sense.

Oh, okay. I know next to nothing about shipping, so I wasn't really sure about that.

Ash+Gary, yes please!

My friend's working on an Ash/Brock fanfic right now, I'm very pleased. X3

Here we go...
I don't know the names of all these ships, so I'll just say the couples.
Ash+Misty (a little)
Ash+Pikachu
Ash+Gary
Misty+Tracey
Pikachu+Meowth
Meowth+James
Jessie+James
Brock+Sudowoodo
Misty+May
May+Dawn
May+Drew
May+Harley
Harley+Drew
May+Solidad
Misty+Dawn
Gary+Drew
Drew+Flygon
Max+May
Bayleef+Ash
Bayleef+Pikachu
Ash+Brock

Am I weird?

Here we go...
I don't know the names of all these ships, so I'll just say the couples.
Ash+Misty (a little)
Ash+Pikachu
Ash+Gary
Misty+Tracey
Pikachu+Meowth
Meowth+James
Jessie+James
Brock+Sudowoodo
Misty+May
May+Dawn
May+Drew
May+Harley
Harley+Drew
May+Solidad
Misty+Dawn
Gary+Drew
Drew+Flygon
Max+May
Bayleef+Ash
Bayleef+Pikachu
Ash+Brock

Am I weird?

Did you just take every important character and some random pokemon and mash them all together? *shudders*

Anyway, the only one I care about is Pokeshipping. And that's mainly just because I want Misty back in the anime and that would offer a good excuse as to why she comes back; I hate May and Dawn.

Did you just take every important character and some random pokemon and mash them all together? *shudders*
It's fun. :D I find most traditional ships boring, so I like to imagine more interesting ones. I do that with other series too. /crazy

Oh, and I also like Dawn+Lucas, Roark+Volkner and Dawn+Cynthia when it comes to game ships. I don't ship game chars too often though.

It's fun. :D I find most traditional ships boring, so I like to imagine more interesting ones. I do that with other series too. /crazy

Oh, and I also like Dawn+Lucas, Roark+Volkner and Dawn+Cynthia when it comes to game ships. I don't ship game chars too often though.

Hey, Palletshipping isn't THAT far out. I mean, in the Japanese version, it's more hinted. :P

Back
Top Bottom