• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's ironic or surprising in your Pokemon game?

I think its hilarious when you first meet kiera and she tells you to come to the contest hall for "a different kind of fun." I never really noticed it until this site pointed it out, though.

In Platinum, I had a hard time with Lucian and (especially) Flint... but then managed to beat Cynthia on my first try without much trouble at all.

I guess that counts?

EDIT: I just remembered something else... someone traded me a Feebas for a Magby that I had up on the GTS today. A bit of a surprise by itself, since the fish is still a pain in the ass to find, while Magbies are pretty easy to get in Platinum... but on top of that, the Feebas had a Master Ball attached. I guess they did that to make up for the fact that it doesn't like Dry-flavored Poffins.

Last edited:
In Platinum, I had a hard time with Lucian and (especially) Flint... but then managed to beat Cynthia on my first try without much trouble at all.

I guess that counts?

EDIT: I just remembered something else... someone traded me a Feebas for a Magby that I had up on the GTS today. A bit of a surprise by itself, since the fish is still a pain in the ass to find, while Magbies are pretty easy to get in Platinum... but on top of that, the Feebas had a Master Ball attached. I guess they did that to make up for the fact that it doesn't like Dry-flavored Poffins.

You can always breed it ;) If it's male, get a Ditto; it's worth the extra time. If it's female, simply breed it with something like Bidoof (Both Feebas and Bidoof are in the Water 1 group). That's what I did to get my Feebas with a Modest nature :D But I can't remember where he went (his name is Milo). I think I've already migrated.

I can't remember exactly what happened recently in Platinum, but I said something wouldn't happen and it did. Hehehe.

I was playing my Blue version about five/six years ago, looking for a Pikachu in Viridian Forest. I couldn't find one, and then I said out loud in frustration "I'll never find a Pikachu." Guess what showed up next.

Then I was looking for a Clefairy in Mt. Moon... and the exact same thing happened, only with, well, a Clefairy.

I exited Mt. Moon, and deciding to try my luck (this is when I was eight or nine or something), I said "I'll never find a Mew." Well, of course no Mew showed up, but later I did find out about the Mew trick...

Speaking of the Mew trick, a friend of mine was doing it once on my Blue version - the quicker version that can be done with an Abra and the guy in the grass on route 24-I-think-it-was. We were also testing the level one trick that I'd seen on the TCoD site. So when we re-entered Nugget Bridge, something popped up - but it wasn't the Start menu. It was a message from the guy at the top of Nugget Bridge, something about Team Rocket and how they're Pokémon criminals and all.

... and then the Mew appeared like normal, level one too.

The Team Rocket message was weird, though. If you've read the Tales of the Glitch pages at TRR... well, I'm pretty sure I saw a story on there that had something to do with Mew and Team Rocket. Maybe I'm wrong, but either way, it was a very odd coincidence. We named it R after the one TR Rose saw in her Hall of Fame, leveled up and of course it grew to level 100. <3

I was trying to catch either Azelf or Uxie in Platinum and had thrown everything but a few Quick Balls and my Master Ball. So this was like the fourty-whateverth turn, and it was using Struggle, so I said 'fuck this' out loud and threw the Quick Balls.

The first one caught it. What.

In Platinum, I think its Ironic how I always use a type advantage and the AI ALWAYS HAS A MOVE THAT IM WEAK AGAINST!
And I caught Palkia with a quick ball O_O

Hmm...let's see.

I was walking randomly around in Pokemon Emerald (I think around Liliycove somewhere) when I ran into a shiny Poochyena. First I was really shocked, then I started throwing Pokeballs at it. (After weakening it first, of course) Then, it used Roar and ran away before I caught it..... T_T

In all my other Mystery Dungeon save files, Yanma was one of the easiest Pokemon to recruit. Now in my current save file, they're the hardest. I still haven't recruited one to this day. Grr.

Also in Pokemon Emerald, I was looking for a Chimecho in Mt. Pyre. I already read about the rare encounter rates on Serebii, so I was prepared for a long sitting. Surprisingly enough, Chimecho was the second or third Pokemon I encountered. Lucky me. :D

In Firered, I was walking in the Unknown Dungeon to train my Pokemon. So I was surfing here and there, entering random ladders, etc. Eventually, I reach the spot of Mewtwo (I hadn't caught it yet), without even trying! I took the chance and caught it with one of my many Master Balls, traded from Emerald thanks to the Cloning Trick.

I find it hilarious when that Youngster in R/B/Y and FR/LG says "I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear!".

Last edited:
Speaking of Mystery Dungeon, I remember I was just wandering through the levels in joyous tower (or something along those lines) and I randomly bumped into a mew, so I just killed it with one shot and it asked to join my team out of the blue, then I left..

Apparently it was really hard and no one believed me. xD
but it was like:
"ah look, a mew, wanna join?"
Mew: yus!~

Crud I didn't post the weirdest incident on here. o.o

Happily killing Wattson and his weird horde of trainers, beat Wattson, Grovlye evolves (yay)...

Game resets. "Nooooooooooooo!"

I turn on game, find myself in Littleroot town. Do not have Wattson badge, but I do have my spiffy Sceptile. :D

Recently in Platinum I was in the Distortion World and stupid me forgot that Giratina was in the Distortion World. So of course, I only had the limited amount of Pokeballs you find while traveling. It was too late to go back and get Dusk/Ultra Balls, not to mention time consuming, so I decided to give it a shot. I mange to paralyze it, get it to a silver of HP(seriously, that was luck; I thought I killed it), then I throw one of my few Ultra Balls. You can probably guess that I caught it. Yay.

I decided to get a Milotic after getting to (but not through) the elite four and seeing every Pokemon BUT Milotic. When I finally found a Feebas tile in Mt. Coronet, I decided I never wanted to go through it again and caught 13 of them before getting bored. The LAST ONE that I caught had not only a nature that liked dry Poffins, but also the best stats of any of the others. Nice surprise.

I have NEVER found a shiny Pokemon, except for the red Gyarados. :/

At the beauty shop earlier today I was bored while my sister got her hair dyed, so I started playing Pearl. I realized Giratina was the only Pokemon left in the game that I didn't need to trade or Pal Park to get, so (just to see how tough that cave was to get through) I picked up some Max Repels and ran through it. Surprisingly, I got to Giratina within about six or seven rooms. I was bored, so I saved in front of it and started battling, fully expecting to kill it and reset. Within two of my lv100 Metagross's Rock Slides and a single Water Pulse from lv 76 Gastrodon, it was to a sliver of health. And I realized I'd only brought along 2 Dusk Balls (is that what they're called? I've forgotten), so I threw one and it escaped before twitching once. Then I threw the other and it was caught! Talk about dumb luck.

My brother had a legit shiny feebas, and it was the first pokemon he found when looking for it... O_______o
And this was a year ago, and I've been searching for a NORMAL feebas. And still haven't found it!
I died a little on the inside when he caught that.

I got a togekiss from the GTS that I didn't notice was shiny until after I got it.

I bred it in the hopes of finding a togepi with the right nature. Not only did one of the first togepis I got have the right nature, but guess what it was? Yup, shiny. I wasn't able to get any more shinies from it, but it was definitely weird.

found a shiny Pokemon, except for the red Gyarados. :/

ZOMG MEE TU, IT WAZ LEIK IN A LAEK OR SUMTHING>

but in all seriousness, I find it funny when you find out, that your mom used to do contests "i just never thought to tell you"

WTF

i would have liked to know that. :/

all these years HAVE BEEN LIES!

When I was training my Espeon (it was around level 60-70) in Pokemon Silver, and it randomly turned into a Magneton when it reached to the next level, yet it still had Espeon's original attacks, just the picture and icon turned into a Magneton.

Back
Top Bottom