• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's ironic or surprising in your Pokemon game?

In Soul Silver, I kept telling that guy in Violet City's Pokemon Center strange word combinations, like, Air Lock People, and then when I said Liquid Ooze Digital and Study Poison, he gave me a Slugma Egg.

I nearly fainted in surprise.

I was training my vibrava to evolve into a flygon. I was rapidly killing many sandslash, when one of them had a quick claw attached. I attacked too soon, and there was no way to reverse my attack, so I k'od it.

Also the only shiny I have ever found randomly was a BIBAREL.
(I traded it to my friend for an event Darkrai)

A Meditite in the Battle Arcade in my SoulSilver had the poison icon on, but never took poison damage. The next one in the trainer's lineup did, though. o.O

I had an adamant Whismur in my recent Sapphire run through... Wut?

Also, no matter how hard I try, I can't get my Arbok to evolve into Seviper. It's weird. And my Caterpie keeps evolving into a Metapod, not a Steelix.

Also, no matter how hard I try, I can't get my Arbok to evolve into Seviper. It's weird. And my Caterpie keeps evolving into a Metapod, not a Steelix.

...god i hope you were being sarcastic

But, I was breeding Tyrogues for the rest of the evos in my Diamond, and one of them was born already cured from Pokérus. Is this normal? Because I googled, it, and nothing came up.

And, in case you thought it was an easter egg, neither of bred Pokémon has or had Pokérus.

But, I was breeding Tyrogues for the rest of the evos in my Diamond, and one of them was born already cured from Pokérus. Is this normal? Because I googled, it, and nothing came up.

Eggs can pick up Pokerus before they hatch - if you went into battle with a Pokemon with pokerus in your party it could have spread to one of the eggs.

Anyway, when I was EV training my Shiny Magneton, I bumped into a Shiny Seaking!

From TVTropes' Fridge Brilliance page:

"Lance is infamous for having illegal Dragonites. However, him owning three underleveled Dragonites is deliberate; Lance had been hanging around Mahogany Town a lot, which is precisely where Team Rocket were conducting experiments to make Pokémon evolve. It's taken this troper nine years to figure that one out."

tell me I'm not the only one who only just realized how brilliant that was upon reading the above

EDIT: "It bugged me that Kyogre has type advantage over Groudon, when they're supposed to be equals in strength. Then I realized that they aren't supposed to be equals in strength: In their battle years ago, Kyogre created the ocean, while Groudon created the landmasses. Now, what is there more of on Earth's surface, continent or sea?"

EDIT EDIT: "In RBY, you get to capture a Snorlax. There are two Snorlaxes in RBY. In GSC, when you go to the Kanto region, the setting of the previous game, you can catch also catch a Snorlax, but there is only one. Because Red, the protagonist of the previous generation, caught the other one."

Last edited:
Eggs can pick up Pokerus before they hatch - if you went into battle with a Pokemon with pokerus in your party it could have spread to one of the eggs.

When I hatched the eggs, the only Pokémon I had in my party was a non-infected Magby which never went into battle...

Yes, but the mon with Pokérus may have passed it on before you moved everything out of your party for the egg hatcher Magby

A level 3 Bidoof attacked my level 74 Scyther when I had a Repel on and I was walking to the middle of a grass patch to start a chain. >>

(I know because I didn't think I had a repel on and I went to put on another, and it said "the effects of another Repel still linger". STALKER BIDOOF.)

I was hunting Entei when I looked at my map it like dissappeared. Then exited my pokegear and took a couple steps forward and it appeared.

A level 3 Bidoof attacked my level 74 Scyther when I had a Repel on and I was walking to the middle of a grass patch to start a chain. >>

(I know because I didn't think I had a repel on and I went to put on another, and it said "the effects of another Repel still linger". STALKER BIDOOF.)
This has happened to me a few times. Twice in Mt. Coronet because of Cherry (Cherrim) holding Incenses (which I put back into the bag), and once on Route 32 (walking Togepi with Hustle) for unknown reasons...

I cannot chain Pokemon in the Trophy Garden. Instead I get Pichu preventing me from getting those cute snake Azurill ;-;

It seems that whenever I think about getting a shiny, which is rare, I get one -- but not the one I want. :O Once I was talking about a shiny Hariyama in Victory Road in Ruby, then I ran into a shiny Golbat. More recently, around my birthday, I was thinking about hatching a shiny Togepi, and found a shiny Caterpie. (I was hunting for shiny Articuno at the time :P)

Back
Top Bottom