• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's ironic or surprising in your Pokemon game?

Darksong

Back in action!
I have two. Both in Diamond.
For one thing, my Lucario got +7 speed once when it leveled up. +7!!! :D
For the second one, I've used the PokeRadar a lot in the Trophy Garden. However, the Trophy Garden is an unlucky place for me to chain because whenever I do chain there, I always get chains of 13 Pokemon. XD

That I cant migrate at all anymore....Whenever I put the GBA game in the slot and play Diamond,the save file gets deleted.....

It turned out that my Murkrow had flawless HP, Speed and Special Attack. If I'd known I would've EV trained her.

I was training my Leafeon and I didn't know I was EV stat training it and it's defence went up by 10!
Also I was training my Yanmega and for some reason when it leveled up all it's stats went up by 13? *odd thoughts*.

That I cant migrate at all anymore....Whenever I put the GBA game in the slot and play Diamond,the save file gets deleted.....

Hm...that happens to my friend also. What GBA game is it? My friend was using the player's choice Leafgreen, I think...

Any GBA game!I've deleted Leafgreen,Firered,and Emerald!I still have to expirament on ruby,and somethings horribly wrong with Saphire.I'll get some pictures to show you whats wrong,but it wont save.Whenever I try,it'll say it's unable to save!before that,it deleted files randomly...I wonder if the internal battery is dead?

The only thing that comes to mind is Cyrus at Spear Pillar.

And, the stupidest thing I've ver done: NIGHTWITCH the male Murkrow.

It's a bit odd that both the Shiny Pokemon I've ever gotten (Nidorina and Unown) can't breed, I suppose? They were also both caught on days when I was skiiving off school (shhh).

In my Blue game:
-Moltres is probably the weakest Pokemon in my team, though maybe this is just its unfortunate type combination speaking.
-Kingler isn't a very good Water-type, really. More Attack than Special. I guess this would be obvious if I was a competitive battler, but I'm not.
-My Bulbasaur was a Venusaur by the time I got the Cascade Badge, because I didn't catch anything, I was in triple-speed on Stadium, and I have a habit of battling every trainer ever (except the Mew-trick ones).
-I only just started noticing that a lot of people (mostly gym leaders?) seem to use exclamation marks all the time.
-Half my team can be caught/battled in Cerulean Cave. Yay, battles with the same pokemon.

That's all I can really think of at the moment.

Last edited:
The Rayquaza in my Emerald happened to be a legit shiny one. Seriously. I was like "WTF", and instantly used the Master Ball.

Ehhhh, my mistake was putting away a pretty good EV'ed Zubat in Gold to replace with a cool looking Unown......I so stupid..

Throwing my Master ball at Palkia... only to check Serebii.net 3 weeks later to learn it had a catch rate of 30, compared to all the others of 3... T__T" But I still got the Cressalia and Mesprit, without any probems. :D

Running into a shiny Wingull with only a Masterball with me. I used it, though.

And the good kind of surprising - on Crystal, the first Pokemon I ran into after getting the Pokeballs from Elm's homey was a shiny Pidgey, now a level 100 Pidgeot called Canopy :3

Running into a shiny Wingull with only a Masterball with me. I used it, though.

And the good kind of surprising - on Crystal, the first Pokemon I ran into after getting the Pokeballs from Elm's homey was a shiny Pidgey, now a level 100 Pidgeot called Canopy :3
venomoth in firered my only shiny same deal! :sad: :grin: :grin:

I found a shiny Ponyta on pearl, and when I restarted the game file, I ran into a shiny Ponyta in the same exact place as before. I was like wth?

The only thing that surprised me was that I managed to catch all of the non-event legendarys without my Master Ball (including Cresselia and Mesprit) on Diamond.

In emerald, I randomly threw a pokeball at the beginning of a battle with Kyogre, and caught it, full health level 70!

I was shiny hunting once, and I saw the red sparkle. So I immediately ran over there, but ran into another pokemon on the way, and didn' get my shiny. So I just killed the annoying pokemon with Giga Impact =D

Back
Top Bottom