• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Why does Ash look younger in Best Wishes?

spammers annoy me- they spam.
Agreed.

It REALLY annoys me that Ash won't grow up. The show is being tainted with stupid errors that the writers made him have in the 1st season (Mijumaru vs Sanyou City Gym Leader's Fire Monkey? REALLY!?!?). It's REALLY starting to get to me.

Agreed.

It REALLY annoys me that Ash won't grow up. The show is being tainted with stupid errors that the writers made him have in the 1st season (Mijumaru vs Sanyou City Gym Leader's Fire Monkey? REALLY!?!?). It's REALLY starting to get to me.

>implying ash ever had character development

he will never use type advantages, deal with it lol

Satoshi does, in fact, win against Dent with Mijumaru. On his first try. So stop bitching about that.

And he has had character development. Just compare Kanto!Satoshi to Isshu!Satoshi. Starting as early as Johto and most obviously in AG-present day, Satoshi has acted more mature, slightly less stupid, and more competent. One easy thing to compare is how he acts around Shigeru to how he acts around Shinji.

Mijumaru vs Sanyou City Gym Leader's Fire Monkey? REALLY!?!?
he will never use type advantages, deal with it lol
Satoshi does, in fact, win against Dent with Mijumaru. On his first try. So stop bitching about that.
33crz86.jpg

What is this argument even about

problem being, he started with so little maturity and competence, and so much stupid, that he's /still/ immature and incompetent and stupid.

Okay this didn't make any sense at all until I looked up where Ash battled the three gym leaders. He allegedly did not, in fact, use Mijumaru (tip: this is a Water Pokemon) against the Fire-type Monkey!

(Mijumaru vs Sanyou City Gym Leader's Fire Monkey? REALLY!?!?)

(this didn't happen)

So I'm going to guess that the others responding to it knew about the episode and glossed over the actual names?

Pokabu (Fire) vs. Fire Monkey
Pikachu (Electric) vs. Water Monkey
Mijumaru (Water) vs. Grass Monkey

Even assuming this is probably what you meant:

Bulbapedia said:
In the games, Dent can only be battled at the Sanyou Gym if the player chooses Mijumaru as their starter Pokémon

So they probably just wanted to call back to the games. After he completes his game quota, you'll notice he uses his remaining two Pokemon effectively.

Regardless of whether or not Ash is incompetent, surely you can't cite this episode as proof? Especially not if you name the wrong monkey.

(also, as an early season episode, there's no way they're going to let him take the easy way out)

I may have been wrong, but I'm fairly sure that I saw Mijumaru against the Fire Monkey on Serebii's episode pics.

Sourcing Bulbapedia on that whole thing (on the gym leader pages, for reference), by the way, so if it's incorrect someone needs to go edit their articles. D:

But! If Ash used a Water Pokemon against a Fire Pokemon there, then... why are you using that as an example of how he doesn't use type advantages? Water is super-effective against Fire!

Can you see why I'm super confused by your post? D:

In response to the thread. Check the ratio of the height of the head to the full height. The bigger the head is compared to the body, the younger they will look.

Hiikaru ♥;443353 said:
Sourcing Bulbapedia on that whole thing (on the gym leader pages, for reference), by the way, so if it's incorrect someone needs to go edit their articles. D:

But! If Ash used a Water Pokemon against a Fire Pokemon there, then... why are you using that as an example of how he doesn't use type advantages? Water is super-effective against Fire!

Can you see why I'm super confused by your post? D:

I probably saw it wrong. That's not unusual. I can't remember exactly what it was; i'm sure you're right that I'm wrong.

ORLY?? =P

Ash's character development seems to have a sequential reset button. I think Dawn may have been a lazy attempt to juxtapose Ash against someone that seemed younger so as to make him seem more mature.

And something that gets up my goat: It actually states in the anime in the first series (the 'Goodbye, Butterfree' episode, I believe) that the group had been on their journey for "a whole year".

Maybe Ash is a Shen.

Someone should count all the time that passed in the show. They would start at the latest mention of how much time had passed, then count from each episode, using how much time passes in the episode (one afternoon, or multiple days), plus the time skips (like if one episode ends at noon, then the next one starts in the morning).

And something that gets up my goat: It actually states in the anime in the first series (the 'Goodbye, Butterfree' episode, I believe) that the group had been on their journey for "a whole year".

Seriously? It actually said it took a year just to get to that point?

The Butterfree-leaves episode was... somewhere after Lt. Surge, right? I know it had to have been within the first 40 episodes or so, since I actually saw it, but I really don't remember the exact order of stuff in the anime since I haven't seen any of it in forever.

Still... Ash taking a year to get maybe halfway through Kanto? That might actually be even worse than the idea that the entire show so far somehow took less than a year. I guess the only consistent thing with the anime's timeline is the fact that it never makes any sense...

It was dub only and in the Viridian episode. The Japanese version only said that it had been "a long time".

A long time? I've interpreted it as about a year per region, making him roughly 15. Or, should be 15.

And to go on about what Zhu Que said, now with Iris and Dento, he seems back to 10 since Dento seems older and Iris seems like 8 or 9.

WARNING: ANOTHER OF FOX'S INSANE CONSPIRACY THEORIES FOLLOWS

Personally, I hate this comic book aging junk...
But I could live with it, if they had continued to develop him the way they were doing. They totally reset him.

For example: Sure, he's always fried girl's bikes. However, he hasn't gotten attacked by wild Bird-related Pokemon at the start of his journey like he does in B/W. In fact, he doesn't even try to battle his first time capturing a Pokemon. Sound familiar?

Meanwhile, in Sinnoh, he had the ability to leap over tall trees in a single bound... Or was that from a tree to the Rocket Balloon? Meh, I forget.

He doesn't just look younger. He's been cloned with memories that are convenient. He's forgotten entirely about everything that happens, including Legendary sightings, etc. They tested this in the first few generations. When it succeeded, they put their plan into action.

Therefore, I propose that the real Ash was bagged after leaving Misty when the anime switched writers, etc. He now lives a happy life with Misty. The second Ash lives a happy life with May. The third Ash is with Dawn, and so on. Not only does this make all the shippers happy, it creates the ability for fanfiction writers to write horrible and/or amazing crossovers and deep fics. Whenever the females reappear, they are also clones that age quickly and die off within 3 episodes.

And I have solved the eternal partner shipping feud. As for the rest of the shippers... Well, I can't help you guys. Lolol.

He doesn't just look younger. He's been cloned with memories that are convenient. He's forgotten entirely about everything that happens, including legendary sightings, etc. They tested this in the first few generations. When it succeeded, they put their plan into action.

Therefore, I propose that the real Ash was bagged after leaving Misty when the anime switched writers, etc. He now lives a happy life with Misty. The second Ash lives a happy life with May. The third Ash is with Dawn, and so on. Not only does this make all the shippers happy, it creates the ability for fan fiction writers to write horrible and/or amazing crossovers and deep fics. Whenever the females reappear, they are also clones that age quickly and die off within 3 episodes.

And I have solved the eternal partner shipping feud. As for the rest of the shippers... Well, I can't help you guys. Lolol.

Somehow, I doubt this...

He could have discovered the secret that women have been after for centres, the secret of eternal youth! However, it defines youth as about 10yrs not the desired 18-25yrs that people would want it to be.

This is also highly unlikely.

Maybe we should all calm down and realise that he is a fictional character, and they can do almost anything they want!

A series that is about a future ash would be cool but there would be problems when we see new Pokémon in the old series that are non-existent in the future.

Last edited:
I think the b/w anime was meant to look more cute and innocent.

Probably in relationship to N's story (and he has a very naive and childlike personality.......especially thanks to what he's went through with Team Plasma. *though he may be super innocent outside that too*).

Yes, I am aware that N and Team Plasma don't appear in the anime till like seasons later (it was rather weird IMO). But showing shades towards that general story with a 'cuter' art style is a pretty clever idea to me on its own.

Back
Top Bottom