• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Favorite Anime?

Harvest Ty

Yoshi Egg
I'm just curious. If you don't like Anime, post your favorite cartoon instead.

Mine is Clannad.
It's so sweet and it's a really beautiful Anime. :>

I've only watched one anime all the way through and that would be Kuragehime/Princess Jellyfish , so I guess I'll go with that one! But! I really did enjoy it and would recommend it to people! [It's only 11 episodes I think, and it's free (subbed at least) on the funimation website via hulu.] As it's fairly true to the manga, it has a bit of an ambiguous ending because the manga's still on going.

(Also I've watched the first episode of Heaven's Note Pad and No. 6, of which both seem super interesting. Unfortunately, they were previews so I never finished either series. Uh, but hopefully I'll finish them some day.)

Edit: As of this edit, I've finished Okami-san and her Seven Companions, which I really enjoyed, too. All the characters are based off of fairy tales and are all pretty endearing. Not especially plotty and more character-based, but I liked it. :D

Last edited:
Love love love No. 6! The plot's basic dystopian, but it has some nice animation and Nezumi and Shion are such a cute couple.

Also love everything about Magi Puella Madoka Magica. Deconstruction + Faust + Lovecraftian horror yessss

i've got too many lol, though two series i never get sick of are Record of the Lodoss War and Darker than BLACK. i also absolutely love Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero, and in spite of it being kind of... fucked, for lack of a better term, in comparison to its manga, i'm quite fond of the OVA for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure's Stardust Crusaders arc

Aria (the Animation, the Natural, the Origination). There hasn't really been many shows quite like it. I am pretty sure this is a genre-definer for slice-of-life shows. Beautiful, pleasant, just great for taking a load off.

Princess Tutu is probably the best thing I've watched.

I haven't finished Seirei no Moribito and I really should.

Mine is Clannad.
It's so sweet and it's a really beautiful Anime. :>

Not sure if I'd say it's my favourite but Clannad made me realise that my one weakness was stories featuring lost teddy bears. Both the anime and the visual novel made makes me cry so badly at the end of Kotomi's story.

I still can't hear Dango Daikazoku without feeling a bit sad :( (Yes I know that was Nagisa's tune not Kotomi's but sh)

I've only watched one anime all the way through and that would be Kuragehime/Princess Jellyfish , so I guess I'll go with that one! But! I really did enjoy it and would recommend it to people! [It's only 11 episodes I think, and it's free (subbed at least) on the funimation website via hulu.] As it's fairly true to the manga, it has a bit of an ambiguous ending because the manga's still on going.

Kuragehime is pretty great! The main characters are: a group of geeky women (including a hikikomori yaoi manga-ka who we never see and yet is superb) who live together, and a male crossdresser. And the women stay geeky and the man stays a crossdresser and everyone generally gets on and it's fun!! It's a romance, I guess, but it hardly takes itself seriously, is really subtle, and I feel like it's mostly about their communal friendship.

Also, it's hilarious. Mayaya.

Ummmmm! That's ... probably the only good new-ish thing I've actually seen lately? I'm going to finish Utena, watch Princess Tutu, and I'm having fun with Sailor Moon. I mean, my favourite series is probably Wolf's Rain or something, 95% out of nostalgia because female characters are minor and it's not. that good.

Oh! I've been watching Steins;Gate with my anime society. It's kinda weird. I really wasn't into it until like, around the tenth episode, which isn't that great a mark of quality. :( But it's better than the usual stuff we watch, beh. I'm nooot sure I'd really recommend it to anyone, but it's about time travel and it's reportedly really well-researched. Some of the characters are pretty fun, and it is sort of hilarious.

oh my god how did I not notice somebody was talking about my latest obsession. :D! Look, I have a small tribute to Mayaya. (I highly recommend her NaNoWriMo pep talk.) I want to reblog absolutely everything she says, but probably only like one other person who saw it would care.

I was kind of doubtful when I first started watching but then I couldn't stop and it ended way too soon. I think I'll watch it again. Also the opening and ending themes are neat. And the whole thing is cute and different and inspiring and awesome and and. :D okay I'm done. (I recommend it, yes.)

Bo Bo Bo. It aired at the age when I loved that type of humor. I look back on it and I don't think it was the best anymore, but still really good. Heck, my avatar is from this.

The only other anime I watched would be... pokemon, yuhioh, and Kirby.

I guess Death Note? It's the only anime I've actually watched the whole way through, and I loved every bit of it.

Other than that there's not much else. A few people have recommended I watch Code Geass, so I might give that a shot.

Azumanga Daioh all the way. It's my absolute happy place. It's beautiful and wonderful in every way (especially Yukari).

I loved Fruits Basket (haven't seen it in ages, might be more for nostalgia reasons), and really enjoyed Princess Tutu and Puella Magica Madoka Magika Magica Magica when Butterfree and surskitty subjected them to me last summer. Neon Genesis Evangelion was great, although I preferred the beginning episodes to the ending ones. Read or Die and Read or Dream were brilliant. I know I've seen more, but I can't remember them.

(some of my favourite mangas are Yotsuba, Detective Conan and Death Note, but I've not seen the animes of them/animes don't exist)

Cowboy Bebop is the only animé that I've watched and loved all the episodes of. It's pretty damn great and I haven't got a bad word to say about it.

Death Note was very enjoyable and I loved the concept and Light's character, but I stopped watching after L died (I don't know if it's even worth putting in a spoiler at this point but oh well) because Mello and Near were obnoxious and I just couldn't muster up the urge to give a fuck about them. So I'm just going to pretend that the villain won.

Berserk is interesting so far. Although I'll admit I'm mostly intrigued by the monster designs.

And L wasn't obnoxious? :P

I've finished Steins;Gate now! So! Here's a sort of small review if anyone wants a new/recent thing to watch but, like me, just end up watching ~classics. It's 24 episodes, sci-fi, a faithful VN adaptation, and pulls of tone whiplash almost as well as Madoka Magica. I tend to really enjoy good tone whiplash, so.

It was pretty good! It's the kind of thing I associated with the irritating majority of anime fans, and it had some issues, buuut. The most important thing is that there was a male protagonist that was interesting! It's really hard for me to find a fictional dude particularly likeable, especially an everyman sort, and I haven't really cared about one for a reeeally long time? (except Cilan.) So that was a pretty big achievement in my eyes.

It's set in present-day Akihabara and basically about a handful of bored young adult geeks, so there's definitely a sooort of TWEWY appeal to it in that it feels kind of current and relatable. There are several awesome ladies including
someone who everyone assumes to be this middle-aged internet hero guy because of her online pseudonym and nope turns out it's a female terrorist who built her own time machine (something no-one else achieves) and catapults into modern day to change her shitty dystopia future. I like her.
and if you're okay with just side-eyeing the sexist douchebro otaku character like everyone else does, he becomes forgettable.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it wholeheartedly, though. It's definitely deeply hilarious from the first episode, but it takes a while for shit to get real and for the tone to settle. But for a pretty recent anime, it's good and I ended up really enjoying it. I think I would have appreciated knowing that it was going to be quite good beforehand because I tuned out a bunch of the start. :( I do not enjoy most stuff my anime society makes me watch. It's pretty much a record.

Back
Top Bottom