• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Platinum Discussion

I must admit, I actually hate the fact that you have Pokémon with different forms. It makes them seem a bit like machines with interchangable parts. Okay, I know Rotom is supposedly machinery-and-appliance-based when it comes to changing forms but I just don't see the point in these Pokémon changing forms. It's almost like sub-evolution. Deoxys I could understand as it is meant to mutate because it's a virus, but the others? Shaymin is a grass type and now a flying type? Rotom has 4-5 new forms? It all just seems so pointless and doesn't follow the regular trends.

D: Fantina ditched Drifblim for Duskull!

On the plus side, Volkner has a pure electric team, and Flint will likely have a pure fire team now

D: Fantina ditched Drifblim for Duskull!

On the plus side, Volkner has a pure electric team, and Flint will likely have a pure fire team now

PokéBeach said:
Lv.52 Houndoom, Lv.55 Flareon, Lv.53 Rapidash, Lv.55 Infernape, Lv.57 Magmortar

Why did they make the E4's levels go down D: They could've at least left them as they were.

I liked the way some of the Gym leaders didn't have purely one type, but still used powerful moves of their designated type! It added a slight bit mroe challenge into it.

Ooh, I love the new E4 room designs. It's kind of disappointing that only a few of the gyms got makeovers, though. New Battle Frontier looks great - Volkner/Flint double battle is still awesome.

Hmm, now the E4 is slightly more challenging.

With the addition of the newer Pokemon, I mean. Finally, Flint is actually a fire type trainer.

AND HE'S FREAKIN' GOT A HOUNDOOM!

And of course Candice got a Mamoswine and a Froslass, that should be interesting, and Gardenia's Cherubi is evolved, Fantina is the third gym now (Though it doesn't make sense for her to get rid of a Drifblim. Really, if you look at her dress, she was made to resemble a Drifblim, so no sense it makes). It's all good. Plus, did you see the new Eterna Forest pic? It looks so cool. Plus the E4 rooms are so cool now.

But there's no Murkrow / Honchkrow / Misdreavus / Mismagius / Glameow / Purugly / Stunky / Skuntank!
Houndoom
Well there's that at least!

I wish they would have at least reorginized the Sinnoh dex when the pokemon were added....I mean, they had the legends at the end of the national dex, so having them close to the middle of the Sinnoh Dex is just inexcusable. And I now fear Bertha because she has a Rhyperior. So seriously, noone has ripped sprites yet? The only new ones I have seen thus far were one Serebii and they were just posted on pages dealing with that pokemon.

EVIL LAWNMOWER! The Grass Rotom... I want it, It's an evil lawnmower. Thats awesome.

And I agree with whoever said Eterna forest looks cool now. The new sprites look really good too, and... well, everything looks better. Can't wait for this. Also, can't wait for a buncha sprites. :D

Ha. Haha. Of course. I should've guessed. PokéBeach says the E4's levels went down because they get stronger the next time you fight them, a la FRLG. Awesome.

Oh, and Serebii apparently has all the sprites now. Some of them, like Jolteon, Rhydon and Scyther, just look like they're (slightly modified, sometimes) second frame sprites of the DP ones. Others... holy crap Rhyperior is scary. And Skuntank looks like it's about to take a leak... D: Overall, though, I approve.

Last edited:
When Platinum stuff is allowed in ASB, I am buying a Wash rotom and making a signature move out of that.

Also, the game looks good so far. They've taken out some of my pet peeves (surf speed is FINALLY not excruciatingly slow, and I love the endgame high-level opponent options. Some of the Battle Frontier facilities just sound... strange... but yay for Battle Factory!

I'm interested to see how that Battle Recorder thing works. I don't know if anybody's really tested it yet.

Cool. :D

I've already decided what Pokemon I'm using probably 7 months or so before I can actually get the game:

Torterra, Froslass, Vaporeon, Houndoom, Absol, Staraptor

I'm so impatient like that.

Okay, where do I begin?

That Gym Leader Cafe thing? AWESOME. E4 Upgrade a la Fr/Lg? YES YES FREAKING YES. Cynthia will be freaking EVIL the second time around.

THE FOLLOWING NEW SPRITES KICK ASS: Luxray, Roserade, Rampardos, Gabite, Garchomp, Drapion, Croagunk, (Toxicroak's is good but not the awesome kickass pose I was hoping for :[), Weavile, Dialga, Gliscor, Vaporeon.

I'm starting to like a lot more 4th gen Pokemon a lot better just because they have awesome new sprites. x]

This is going to be the best freaking game ever.

Cynthia will now officially be the strongest Champion ever, even WITH rematches taken into account

Take THAT, Gary! :D

Back
Top Bottom