• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nonsensical, Contradictory and/or Stupid Things in Video Games

Why don't legandary pokemon eat you, rather than having to battle your pokemon and be captured in a pokeball?

In AC GC, you could send mail with a fossil attached to the fossil... thingy... and they'd always send it back. You could also attach any message you wanted to it and they wouldn't care. (Ahh, the wonders of cursing the inconvenience of fossil checking. Glad they removed that in AC:CF.)

(on a somewhat related note, AC villagers are fucking idiots)

(Actually, they removed that in Wild World, but that's just me nitpicking.) I know. I love that.

Yes, yes they are.

Animal Crossing has a lot of things:
-Neighbors can be octopuses and birds, yet you can catch an octopus and there's an item called the "bird cage"

-Furniture is in leaf-form in your pockets
I never got that either.
-Your pockets can hold 15 items (including furniture, tools, clothes, etc.)
Hammerspace.
-There's only four humans per town.
Which still makes no sense. (Though it's kinda funny if you're playing Wild World, where everyone lives in one house.)
-You're never hungry, but a special character named Wendell asks for food
I know. XP
-You can dig up fossils that can be identified as a T-Rex skull or Woolly Mammoth torso, yet they're small when you hold them
Hammerspace?
-The Museum won't accept counterfeit paintings. (One painting you can donate is the Famous Painting, better known as the Mona Lisa.)
I guess AC is just a totally different universe. XP

Animal Crossing is one of the most messed up games in the world.

Your mom sends you fireworks and fruits, and tells you about your life. X3

Animal Crossing is one of the most messed up games in the world.

Your mom sends you fireworks and fruits, and tells you about your life. X3

But the letters are awesome! (except when she calls you slow :( )

Yeah, I wondered that^.

Also (this is just a question) why in t&t (first case) turnabout memories why didn't Maya say she knew that woman? and why is Phoenix so gullible?

In Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party how do rabbids get sucked into a TV then suddenly have a TV show?

Last edited:
Hm... the fact in the sonic games into why would they make the world's "Ultimate Lifeform" a hedgehog? Don't you think a person would make a little more sense?

Well, Gerald Robotnik has always been suspected of being a little nutty. But to answer that question in context to the series:

-He saw a painting/image type thing on the floating island that depicted Super Sonic battle Eggman.(You can see this yourself in Sonic 3 and Knuckles) Because of this, he based Shadow's general body shape on Sonic, but he turned black and red due to Doom's dna.

-He also saw images of the island's god, Chaos, and built Artificial Chaos robots based on him. Sounds like it goes hand in hand with Shadow being based on Sonic, doesn't it?

Does that answer anything?

Except the Hedgehog part. What's up with hedgehogs? Seriously?

What's funny is if you play the games in German, though. It's so nerdy looking (i.e. subtitles)

They're not fast in real life, either.

Foxes are faster. And Knuckles does NOT look like an echidna. WTF is knuckles really? It ain't an echidna, that's for sure.

Knuckles is half awesome, half gansta' and all sexy. Hope that answered your question.

In pretty much most adventuring games (such as Zelda) there's always some sort of currency in the landscape. Imagine how awesome the real world would be if you could just hit a rock or cut a bush or even shake a tree for money. D:

The Minish put them there, if I remember correctly :D

Anyways... How is Palkia/Dialga possible to capture? Wouldn't they just warp out of the ball/reverse time to avoid the ball?

How can you have Palkia fight Palkia?

WHY don't the leaders of criminal organizations send out all their Pokemon at once to kill the trainer?

Off of Pokemon:

WHY don't the bad guys just send their best troops to kill somebody when that somebody starts wiping out even SMALL groups of weak enemies? I would rather be on the safe side

And the weirdest thing in Animal Crossing is: You're (how old are you there, really? I believe you're still just a kid) a kid, and your parents let you move ALONE to a town you don't know, filled with talking animals. HOW FUN.

And, in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue, you meet a Smeargle that doesn't want to take the "grown-up ritual" which is getting a paw print stamped to his/her back. HOWEVER, when he/she turns around, you can clearly see a paw print. (Yes, I know they are just using the same sprite that all Smeargles have but still...)

Last edited:
In Super Mario Galaxy, how did the Gold Leaf Galaxy come to be practically identical to the Honeyhive Galaxy?

Back
Top Bottom