• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eye Color

What color are your eyes?

• Brown

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • Amber/Gold

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Hazel

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Black

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Gray

• Blue

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Turquoise

• Green

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Violet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Purple (only occurs with albinism)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Red (only occurs with albinism)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heterochromia (two different colors) (please specify in post)

• Total voters
I've been wearing glasses so long that people think I look freaky when I don't wear them. Apparently my eyes look tiny, though it's probably due to everyone being used to my glasses making them look huge.

Bored people often seem to want to try my glasses on. I've no idea why this fascination exists.

I don't think anyone really notices when I take off my glasses, considering I really only do so to clean them, or when I'm taking a test.

...Don't ask. It helps me concentrate.

And then the majority of them will also say that you have really bad eyesight. Never fails.

Yep. Though they've gotten over that and have started to have "who can keep them on the longest without their eyes hurting" competitions.

Bored people often seem to want to try my glasses on. I've no idea why this fascination exists.

And then the majority of them will also say that you have really bad eyesight. Never fails.

Yessss sorry guys, but I do this all the time :D Often with people I don't know very well and it freaks them out a bit. It's just... glasses are so cool, and I want to wear them, but my eyes are good and I feel I'm missing out. One time in school I stole my chemistry teacher's glasses, discovered he was nearly blind in one eye but fine in the other, and spent an entire lesson trying to talk him into getting a monocle.

I just get fascinated with other people's stuff that I don't have. Crutches, contact lenses, prosthetics... I had the most fun stabbing myself with my diabetic friend's blood-glucose-measurey-thing.

I get really bad headaches when people take my glasses 8| but NOPE LOL I WANT TO WEAR YOUR GLASSES GAAAAWRSH YOUR EYESIGHT IS TERRIBLE

yes
I know
give me them back so I can accurately punch you in the face

I mean, if you ask, whatevs. But people have actually just taken them off my face and I mean wtf piss off.

My eyes were originally brown, but as I grew older, they grew lighter and became the hazel color they are now.

I found my digital camera and got bored so I took one of those hipster eyeball pictures
2ylsh6w.jpg

I guess I have a little bit of brown around the pupil in that one eye but it's not much

yes
why do they say this
of course i have bad eyesight that is why i have glasses

Plus do eyes really look different without glasses on them, only the lenses are sort of clear and stuff o.o Well, mine aren't, because I never clean them and when I take them about an inch away from my face I notice there's stuff living on there, but.

Depending on the thickness of the lens, eyes can appear a lot smaller through glasses than they actually are, therefore it's harder to tell what somebody's eyecolor is without having to actually look really close. That's partly why when you take your glasses off people might suddenly notice what your eyes look like.

Also when people wear my glasses they always ask if my eyes are as bad without glasses as their eyes are while wearing mine.

Am I supposed to know the answer to that?

Am I the only person who really wants to see the eyes of all these people with apparently really pretty eyes? ;_; Then again, I'm the sort of person who cannot look at certain actors and actresses without starting to go on about how they have eyes oh my god where is a close-up?

Anyway, my eyes are darkish blue. My mom and my brother also have blue eyes, but my dad's are green. My eyesight is so bad I cannot recognize people without my glasses until I'm way, way close to them (about a foot from their face, maybe, and at that point they're still very blurry).

I don't mind people asking to try my glasses on. I'm weirdly proud of my near-blindness.

People without glasses are stupid
There I said it

Why do I feel like agreeing with you Mike. But it's still a bit mean. :C

Am I the only person who really wants to see the eyes of all these people with apparently really pretty eyes? ;_;

This. So much this.

My eyesight is so bad I cannot recognize people without my glasses until I'm way, way close to them (about a foot from their face, maybe, and at that point they're still very blurry)
Ngah. I end up having to squint and then people wonder why I'm "glaring" at them. It's annoying. :/

I don't mind people asking to try my glasses on.

Thats sort of the same with me, but when they comment on my eyesight that's usually when I rip them off their face. But that usually doesn't happen because I never really have my glasses on unless I need to see something far away, like the board in school. Otherwise, yeah. It's fine when they ask, but if they just take my glasses without asking I can get a bit... mean. Someone already broke a pair of my glasses by doing that, so I'm the slightest it defensive of them. :/

Last edited:
If you can see them Mine happen to be brown. The kind of brown that looks like it's black unless you stare intensely or have a light on it (both of which make my eyes water, surprise surprise)

Back
Top Bottom