• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
First ASB Battle!!! YAY

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon
Arena: Aarons Chamber

Aaron, of the Sinnoh Elite 4, has kindly offered his Chamber to use for battle. It is kind of like a forest and poisons a pokemon 5% of the time. Grass and Poisson type pokemon prosper here with a +1 attack bonus. Fire type pokemon receive a +2 attack bonus, and water type pokemon suffer a -1 attack bonus.

Other: Only non-evolved pokémon may be used

(Also can Triple and Rotation Battles be used???)

First ASB Battle!!! YAY

3vs3 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon
Arena: Aarons Chamber

Aaron, of the Sinnoh Elite 4, has kindly offered his Chamber to use for battle. It is kind of like a forest and poisons a pokemon 5% of the time. Grass and Poisson type pokemon prosper here with a +1 attack bonus. Fire type pokemon receive a +2 attack bonus, and water type pokemon suffer a -1 attack bonus.

Other: Only non-evolved pokémon may be used

(Also can Triple and Rotation Battles be used???)

I'll take this.

Note: I'm just starting out at this...

3vs3 single
Style: Set
DQ: 2 Weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather moves.
Arena: The practise battle area behind the Pokécentre.

Often trainers come here to have sparing matches to toughen up there Pokémon or to practise for Contests. Sometimes when a battle is in session, trainers and co-ordinators gather to watch the battle and gain tactics from the battle in front of them.

Non-evolved Pokémon please, as I'm a bit of a chicken >.>

Imma take this, we all know were to look...

2vs2 double
style: set
dq: 7 days
damage cap: 35%
banned moves: ohko's, these moves
arena: tricksy trick room of trickery

at the beginning of each round, one of these moves is randomly selected, with equal probability for each. it remains in effect until the beginning of the next round.
Gonna withdraw my battle with Inept At Normal (sorry bro) and doing this

I'm withdrawing my battle with Omskivar (sorry) and making this challenge;

1&1&1 Vs 1&1&1 Triple Battle (or 6 people, 3 on each team)
Style:Set
DQ:6 Days
Banned Moves: Weather Moves, moves that charge or need to charge after use (like blast burn and solar beam, however dig and fly are allowed), OH-KOs, 5 chills per Pokemon.
Damage Cap:40%
Arena: Charific Valley

At the highest mountain in Johto lays the valley of Charizards..the Charific Valley. Some of the toughest Charizards are here, and Trainers may battle here, however they must pay the consiquences. Every turn, something might happen.

1) Ash's Charizard will come by and use flamethrower on a random team, taking out 10% of health.

2)Liza's Charizard will come and watch, since it's just a pet. If there is a wide range move, it will hit the charizard, causing it to use fire blast on the team that made the hit, taking out 15% of health, and may cause burn with a 10% chance.

3) The gentlist charizard will come and give the team with the least amount of health/energy and will give them an Oran berry, healing 10% of health and energy.

4) Liza will come and uses her pet charizard to use sunny day, changing the weather to sunny. However, it only stays for one round.

Each event has a 25% chance of happening. They may happen twice.

Other: Like i said moves that require no charge but still take two turns are allowed, such as Dig and Fly.

2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, attract
Arena: Mini Golf Course

Basically, what the name says. Except it's really big. There's faux grass, bridges over pools of water, flags, everything you picture when you imagine mini golf. And it's huge. Big enough to support a pokemon battle. Although, that's probably not what it was built for.

The pools of water are definitely not big enough for most pokemon - they're about 4 feet by 4 feet each, and covered in small bridges, so they can only hold the smallest of water types. They are sources of water though, and there are a bunch of them.

I'm withdrawing my battle with Omskivar (sorry) and making this challenge;

1&1&1 Vs 1&1&1 Triple Battle (or 6 people, 3 on each team)
Style:Set
DQ:6 Days
Banned Moves: Weather Moves, moves that charge or need to charge after use (like blast burn and solar beam, however dig and fly are allowed), OH-KOs, 5 chills per Pokemon.
Damage Cap:40%
Arena: Charific Valley

At the highest mountain in Johto lays the valley of Charizards..the Charific Valley. Some of the toughest Charizards are here, and Trainers may battle here, however they must pay the consiquences. Every turn, something might happen.

1) Ash's Charizard will come by and use flamethrower on a random team, taking out 10% of health.

2)Liza's Charizard will come and watch, since it's just a pet. If there is a wide range move, it will hit the charizard, causing it to use fire blast on the team that made the hit, taking out 15% of health, and may cause burn with a 10% chance.

3) The gentlist charizard will come and give the team with the least amount of health/energy and will give them an Oran berry, healing 10% of health and energy.

4) Liza will come and uses her pet charizard to use sunny day, changing the weather to sunny. However, it only stays for one round.

Each event has a 25% chance of happening. They may happen twice.

Other: Like i said moves that require no charge but still take two turns are allowed, such as Dig and Fly.

This sounds interesting... I am in.

2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, attract
Arena: Mini Golf Course

Basically, what the name says. Except it's really big. There's faux grass, bridges over pools of water, flags, everything you picture when you imagine mini golf. And it's huge. Big enough to support a pokemon battle. Although, that's probably not what it was built for.

The pools of water are definitely not big enough for most pokemon - they're about 4 feet by 4 feet each, and covered in small bridges, so they can only hold the smallest of water types. They are sources of water though, and there are a bunch of them.

Mini-golf :D I'll take you on!
(also my battle with Mendatt does indeed have a ref)

For ILS. Let's watch me be slaughtered soundly.

10vs10 single
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Restraunt of Global Cuisines

The trainers have come to a wonderful restraunt in the heart of Asber, known for its massive range of food - indeed, no-one's yet found a dish they don't serve. And, since they operate in the heart of the ASB league, there's a space for the diners to have a battle. Today, these two trainers have booked out the entire restraunt all day for a full 10v10 battle, and they've also shelled out the extra for the Deluxe package. So, at the end of every third round, a dish will be seved to each Pokémon from the following list:

• 20%: Fruit Salad, Restores 5% health.
  • 20%: Double-caffeine Coffee, Restores 5% energy.
  • 10%: Chicken Soup, heals the Pokémon of any major status conditions.
  • 10%: Coffee Cake, restores 5% health and 5% energy.
  • 10%: Ultra-NRG Cola, causes the next round's moves to to deal 2% more damage for 2% less energy.
  • 9%: Heart Sweets, causes the Pokémon to be mildly attracted to its opponent (provived they are of opposite genders).
  • 5%: Triple Cheeseburger, lowers speed by two stages.
  • 5%: Tamato Berry Curry, inflicts a mild burn on the Pokémon.
  • 5%: Bad Fish, inflicts mild poisoning on the Pokémon.
  • 5%: Poorly prepared Fugu, inflicts mild paralysis on the Pokémon.
  • 1%: Four Horsemen Burger, instantly KOs the Pokémon.
Other: Only unevolved Pokémon can be used. Good luck to whoever decides to ref this.

For ILS. Let's watch me be slaughtered soundly.

10vs10 single
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Restraunt of Global Cuisines

The trainers have come to a wonderful restraunt in the heart of Asber, known for its massive range of food - indeed, no-one's yet found a dish they don't serve. And, since they operate in the heart of the ASB league, there's a space for the diners to have a battle. Today, these two trainers have booked out the entire restraunt all day for a full 10v10 battle, and they've also shelled out the extra for the Deluxe package. So, at the end of every third round, a dish will be seved to each Pokémon from the following list:

• 20%: Fruit Salad, Restores 5% health.
  • 20%: Double-caffeine Coffee, Restores 5% energy.
  • 10%: Chicken Soup, heals the Pokémon of any major status conditions.
  • 10%: Coffee Cake, restores 5% health and 5% energy.
  • 10%: Ultra-NRG Cola, causes the next round's moves to to deal 2% more damage for 2% less energy.
  • 9%: Heart Sweets, causes the Pokémon to be mildly attracted to its opponent (provived they are of opposite genders).
  • 5%: Triple Cheeseburger, lowers speed by two stages.
  • 5%: Tamato Berry Curry, inflicts a mild burn on the Pokémon.
  • 5%: Bad Fish, inflicts mild poisoning on the Pokémon.
  • 5%: Poorly prepared Fugu, inflicts mild paralysis on the Pokémon.
  • 1%: Four Horsemen Burger, instantly KOs the Pokémon.
Other: Only unevolved Pokémon can be used. Good luck to whoever decides to ref this.

I WILL SLAUGHTER Accept! :D

I'm going to regret this, but I did promise Squor, so I'll ref Squornshellous Beta vs I liek Squirtles. I'll get the thread up when I can actually get on my computer instead of my PS3.

I'm going to drop my battle with Zapi, (Sorry, zapi, but it's been there a while and is collecting dust) and start a new one.

2&2vs2&2, Double Battle
Banned Moves: HealingO/RChills
Arena: The Beat Mesa

A large rotating disc on top of a huge mass of gears, floating above a sea of lava. Water-type moves requiring water can instead make use of the lave floating below, and will do fire-type damage instead. Water-type pokemon that require water to survive, however, will not be able to battle here. Any pokemon pushed off the platform? Will be knocked out immediately. This shouldn't be a problem, however, as the disc is very, very large and going near the edge should be easily avoidable.
The main feature of this arena is that using either Fissure, Earthquake, dig or any other move that requires digging at the ground, will cause a scratch. When this happens, the ref randomly chooses a round that has already happened, and it is erased from the timeline. (Which means that the ref puts it in the notes that that round was erased, not that he/she deletes the round.) When a round is erased, the ref recalculates the damage, effects, and any other factors dependent on that round, for only the round the scratch was caused in and forward, as if the round erased had never happened.

Other: When sent out, the trainer of a pokemon chooses whether that specific pokemon will be able to use heals, or chills. This decision lasts for the rest of the battle.

Last edited:
Dropping my battle with steel scyther and i'll battle this.

I'm going to drop my battle with Zapi, (Sorry, zapi, but it's been there a while and is collecting dust) and start a new one.

2&2vs2&2, Double Battle
Banned Moves: HealingO/RChills
Arena: The Beat Mesa

A large rotating disc on top of a huge mass of gears, floating above a sea of lava. Water-type moves requiring water can instead make use of the lave floating below, and will do fire-type damage instead. Water-type pokemon that require water to survive, however, will not be able to battle here. Any pokemon pushed off the platform? Will be knocked out immediately. This shouldn't be a problem, however, as the disc is very, very large and going near the edge should be easily avoidable.
The main feature of this arena is that using either Fissure, Earthquake, dig or any other move that requires digging at the ground, will cause a scratch. When this happens, the ref randomly chooses a round that has already happened, and it is erased from the timeline. (Which means that the ref puts it in the notes that that round was erased, not that he/she deletes the round.) When a round is erased, the ref recalculates the damage, effects, and any other factors dependent on that round, for only the round the scratch was caused in, as if the round erased had never happened.

Other: When sent out, the trainer of a pokemon chooses whether that specific pokemon will be able to use heals, or chills. This decision lasts for the rest of the battle.

i'll battle this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom