• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Karkat!

==>

2 vs 2 single
Style: Set
DQ: a week
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: SGRUB Finale

A platform with a big SGRUB symbol on it. All the trolls will teleport onto the platform one by one, inflicting different effects.

Aradia will protect each Pokemon from mind control, granting them both +6 SpD for that round.
Tavros communes with each Pokemon, giving them an additional 10% energy.
Sollux gives each Pokemon a pair of 10% Substitutes.
Karkat yells at each Pokemon, therefore Taunting them.
Nepeta uses Assist, copying the power of one of her teammates.
Kanaya gives each Pokémon her trademarked wise advice and raise their Def to +6 for that round.
Terezi would conduct an INVESTIGATION and leave a bunch of scalemates everywhere, which you might trip over. They remain on the battlefield until they all fall off the platform. They can be picked up and thrown to deal minimal Dragon-typed damage.
Vriska boosts the battlers' critical hit ratios to the maximum and doubles the likelihood of the special effects of a move occurring (ie, Charge Beam would have a 20% chance of boosting SpA).
Equius infects everyone with his MANLINESS and gives them all +6 attack.
Gamzee severely confuses everyone.
Eridan grants both players scientific powers, boosting their SpA to +6.
Feferi kisses both players, giving them all 10% health.

You can only have the effects of a troll occur once; when all twelve teleport there, the battle with the Black King occurs; after that, the Scratch; then the match ends if it hasn't already.

Other: The effects of each troll last just one round- until the round right after they appear. There is a 50% chance of a troll appearing each round.

Base-stage Pokémon only.

Oh herp derp

NOT ACTIVE

Reserved for Mawile, because there needs to be a battle of the blinds.

1 vs. 1, Single
Set Style
DQ: 1 week
Damage cap: 49%
Banned moves: None
Arena: Land of Strong Tides and Big Angry Dreams

In what might technically be another universe, there's an atoll of islands, covered in palm trees, sandy beaches, and crab-people. This would all seem perfectly normal if the colors of everything didn't keep shifting from one hue to another when they weren't being watched. It's enough to make any seeing person go mad. On the largest of the islands, a beach-side arena has been cleared by the kind crab-people, who really want to watch two beings from another universe duke it out. Though they've never heard of such things, they would ideally like to see a dog and an otter in a fight. Their wish has been granted.

Other: Blind Pokemon only. Mawile, any restrictions you want to add/change are probably fine.

Iiiiiii feel like taking Denryu vs. Whirlpool, mainly because I dropped the challenge when I had it and I feel like I should make up for it. Also because I really like the arena.

Thread up maybe sometime tonight, probably not because I have homework that I've been supposedly working on since 8 this morning and which was due weeks ago anyway

Accepting the challenge below because it sounds like fun.
4 VS. 4 double
DQ: 1 week
Style: Switch
Damage Cap: 37%
Banned Moves: OHKO moves
Field: Pointless Rules
A normal Pokemon battlefield with water sources. There are some strange rules for this battle.
Rule 1. All instances of the digit 3 are now 5. Ex. 37=57
Rule 2. All battle commands must be given in rhyming couplets.
Rule 5. No Normal typed Pokemon may be used.
Rule 4. Whenever a Pokemon faints, all other active Pokemon get a TF2 hat of their choice to wear. These do nothing.
Rule 5. At the beginning of each round, there is a 10% chance that a Pokemon will become a random form of Deoxys.
Rule 6. Whenever a Pokemon becomes Deoxys, all Pokemon with hats double their current energy.
Rule 7. Fire types are water types instead.

My sig moves: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=491368&postcount=23

If this was referring to me, then one of my battles just ended, so I should have an open slot. But in any event, dropping the challenge I posted above.
Yes, talking to you. So far as I'm aware, you're in battles with Byrus, Belgrade, and Pathos at the moment, which is all of your slots.

Dunno if it's fine to handle this here, but, since it might be a tad difficult to get a referee for the Metallica Gig II battle, I propose a ref trade.

7v7 doubles
DQ: Two weeks
Damage cap: 50%
Banned: weather, attract, OHKOs, direct healing

Arena: Father's Throne Room

The throne room is certainly large enough for a king of any calibre, but this throne room is obviously not merely for show, or for receiving any sort of audience. Not only is it deep underground, but there are no decorations here, nor anything else tied to mere human sentiment. Every object in this room has some sort of purpose, even if no one can identify what that purpose is.

The floor is covered in thick stone tiles, each a square metre and fitted perfectly together. Other than the occasional scratch marks, they are eerily perfect. The occasional pipe snakes across the floor, presenting a potential hazard for those who aren't careful.

At the very centre of it all, naturally, is the throne. But it's not like any throne most people have ever seen. The throne itself is on a raised circular platform, and while not unusually ornate, there are a multitude of metal pipes connecting to the back of the throne, each with an unknown purpose. Though they don't seem to be leaking through the ports in the back of the chair, they are filled with liquids, some of them funky colours but most of them clear. Beside the throne is a table, appearing like polished wood but truly made of stone. Pipes, thinner than those connecting to the chair, drip unknown liquids into glass flasks and bottles.

Near the throne is a pool of some boiling liquid, a cylinder raised metres above the floor and worse-than-scalding to touch. Naturally, several pipes connect to it, but it does have an open top. Much like standard scalding water, coming into contact with this water presents a 30% chance of a burn. It does have another purpose, however; any liquid that covers the floors is absorbed into a pipe and brought back into this pool, and is boiled clean of any of its normal properties.

The lights from the ceiling circle the throne, and moving too far from it will plunge the battlers into darkness. Though the ground only appears to become clearer as one moves away from the throne, with few if any pipes to threaten one's legs, there is actually quite a lot of rubble from an unknown source.

Generally, the walls of the arena cannot be seen, so far into the darkness as they are. However, behind the throne, what passes for a wall is barely within the range of the lights. Instead of a wall, though, there is a series of massive gears.

Additional rules: It's me vs Coloursfall and HighMoon. Coloursfall and HighMoon each use one pokémon at a time as though in multi battle format, while I use two pokémon simultaneously. Both command at the same time (ABB/BBA command order).

Non-FMA-related signature moves/attributes aren't permitted, but items and business-related mods get a pass.

Lust and Sloth have sig things, if they're not up by the time the battle starts.

Ok, I hope I do this right. I'm reserving it for Sokka217.

3v3
DQ: 5 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO
Arena: Football Field/School
A large high school football field. At night @.@ They've got those..um...big lights around the field on...you know, whatchamacallits? Yeah those. And, there are fans in the stands, cheering on their favorite trainer of course! And there's even a mascot running around the sidelines, hopefully the poor sap in the costume doesn't get attacked...Oh, and did I mention the Pokemon that the mascot suit is modeled after is the Ref's favorite pokemon? Well, it is. So whoever Reffs this, the mascot is your favorite Pokemon, congrats! Now, I'm pretty sure this part is doable. I think it is, and I hope so. Alright, every three rounds there's a 25% chance that suddenly football players from the school will charge onto the field, and the trainers, their pokemon, the ref, and some of the more dedicated fans will flee into the school. The battle will be resumed in the commons, possibly going into other rooms if the trainers command their pokemon to. But if in another room in the school that isn't the commons or the gym, the dedicated fans will have to be watching and cheering from the doorway or windows to the room. Now, every three turns there is a 25% chance that the janitor will hear all the commotion and force every out of the school in his old man ranting (This school has an old cranky man for a janitor) where everyone will return to the field, which is now as it was before the football players barged onto it. The "every three turns" thing will continue for the whole battle, for both the school and the field.

Ok, I hope I do this right. I'm reserving it for Sokka217.

3v3
DQ: 5 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO
Arena: Football Field/School
A large high school football field. At night @.@ They've got those..um...big lights around the field on...you know, whatchamacallits? Yeah those. And, there are fans in the stands, cheering on their favorite trainer of course! And there's even a mascot running around the sidelines, hopefully the poor sap in the costume doesn't get attacked...Oh, and did I mention the Pokemon that the mascot suit is modeled after is the Ref's favorite pokemon? Well, it is. So whoever Reffs this, the mascot is your favorite Pokemon, congrats! Now, I'm pretty sure this part is doable. I think it is, and I hope so. Alright, every three rounds there's a 25% chance that suddenly football players from the school will charge onto the field, and the trainers, their pokemon, the ref, and some of the more dedicated fans will flee into the school. The battle will be resumed in the commons, possibly going into other rooms if the trainers command their pokemon to. But if in another room in the school that isn't the commons or the gym, the dedicated fans will have to be watching and cheering from the doorway or windows to the room. Now, every three turns there is a 25% chance that the janitor will hear all the commotion and force every out of the school in his old man ranting (This school has an old cranky man for a janitor) where everyone will return to the field, which is now as it was before the football players barged onto it. The "every three turns" thing will continue for the whole battle, for both the school and the field.

^ I ACCEPT. :D

7v7 doubles
DQ: Two weeks
Damage cap: 50%
Banned: weather, attract, OHKOs, direct healing

Arena: Father's Throne Room

The throne room is certainly large enough for a king of any calibre, but this throne room is obviously not merely for show, or for receiving any sort of audience. Not only is it deep underground, but there are no decorations here, nor anything else tied to mere human sentiment. Every object in this room has some sort of purpose, even if no one can identify what that purpose is.

The floor is covered in thick stone tiles, each a square metre and fitted perfectly together. Other than the occasional scratch marks, they are eerily perfect. The occasional pipe snakes across the floor, presenting a potential hazard for those who aren't careful.

At the very centre of it all, naturally, is the throne. But it's not like any throne most people have ever seen. The throne itself is on a raised circular platform, and while not unusually ornate, there are a multitude of metal pipes connecting to the back of the throne, each with an unknown purpose. Though they don't seem to be leaking through the ports in the back of the chair, they are filled with liquids, some of them funky colours but most of them clear. Beside the throne is a table, appearing like polished wood but truly made of stone. Pipes, thinner than those connecting to the chair, drip unknown liquids into glass flasks and bottles.

Near the throne is a pool of some boiling liquid, a cylinder raised metres above the floor and worse-than-scalding to touch. Naturally, several pipes connect to it, but it does have an open top. Much like standard scalding water, coming into contact with this water presents a 30% chance of a burn. It does have another purpose, however; any liquid that covers the floors is absorbed into a pipe and brought back into this pool, and is boiled clean of any of its normal properties.

The lights from the ceiling circle the throne, and moving too far from it will plunge the battlers into darkness. Though the ground only appears to become clearer as one moves away from the throne, with few if any pipes to threaten one's legs, there is actually quite a lot of rubble from an unknown source.

Generally, the walls of the arena cannot be seen, so far into the darkness as they are. However, behind the throne, what passes for a wall is barely within the range of the lights. Instead of a wall, though, there is a series of massive gears.

Additional rules: It's me vs Coloursfall and HighMoon. Coloursfall and HighMoon each use one pokémon at a time as though in multi battle format, while I use two pokémon simultaneously. Both command at the same time (ABB/BBA command order).

Non-FMA-related signature moves/attributes aren't permitted, but items and business-related mods get a pass.

Lust and Sloth have sig things, if they're not up by the time the battle starts.

Battle get

2vs2 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, perish song
Arena: Typhoon Beach

Typhoon Beach was once a popular beach often visited by tourists and locals alike. Now, the beach is a deserted one, its once famed white sand draped with broken bottles and other debris. More often than not, the skies over this area are a bleak gray. Heavy torrents of rain relentlessly pound the beach along with unforgiving gales.

Other: Only pokemon which are not fully-evolved may be used. Each action, a pokemon on the sand has a 10% chance of getting hurt by debris. (5% damage) Also, pokemon flying or hovering will get a speed decrease of 2 due to the wind.

3 VS 3
STYLE: Set
DQ: One Week
DAMAGE CAP: 40%
BANNED: OHKO's, Perish Song
ARENA: GIGANTIC COCOON

On the rocky cliffs of the Asber coast, underneath a ridiculous overhang of nondescript stone, a bunch of bugs have decided to join together and make a GIANT COCOON that hangs and swings dangerously low over the crashing gray waves below.The huge, white-silk orb is oblong in shape, with huge, wiggly support beams sticking out of the top. Bugs, from anorith to yanma and joltik to scolipede, crawl across the surface, bringing food and water and other necessities. It's a rather nice community, honestly, and like all good communities it must inevitably be the site of an ASB pokémon battle.

The cocoon's inner parts, about the size of a few three-story buildings laid on their sides, on top of one another, are divided in such a way that the very bottom, where the battle takes place, is about as big as a mansion. The floor is interwoven silk, very soft and damp, and you can see the ocean below through gaps as big as a guy's head. The ocean, by the way, is about thirty feet away at the bottom of the floor's curve, and can easily fuel water-based attacks. Kakuna, cascoon, and other hibernating bugs coat the walls like sleeping ornaments, and spires of supporting silk spring from the ground to the ceiling, like trees. Small rocklike balls of the stuff also cover the ground, and can be used as projectiles if needed. Also, this section of the GIGANTIC COCOON is big enough for weather moves to work easily, and if Sunny Day is used it makes a bunch of League Volbeat use Tail Glow and Flash all at once on the ceiling, to be inclusive.

Once every round, during a random action, a swarm of any given unevolved bugs (caterpie, joltik, etc.), led by their fully-evolved form (a butterfree, a galvantula, etc.) will attack, dealing 4% Bug-type damage to the battlers but giving each on a random berry in addition to its other item. These berries stack, but will be taken by Blastoise for his shop at the end of battle. They will also leave one of their number behind on each trainer and the referee, as adorable spies. No two pokémon will swarm twice unless there are no more new ones to be chosen, and due to strange pokémon cruelty laws no one can technically remove one of the little buggers from their person by force. (Why would you want to, though?)

Additional Rules: The first pokémon sent out by both trainers must be a Bug-type. All trainers must wear a Bug Catcher uniform, the referee as well. The cocoon must be, when referred to by its full name, be called the GIGANTIC COCOON, not the gigantic cocoon or Gigantic Cocoon or any of that crap. It's disrespectful, you see.

2vs2 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, perish song
Arena: Typhoon Beach

Typhoon Beach was once a popular beach often visited by tourists and locals alike. Now, the beach is a deserted one, its once famed white sand draped with broken bottles and other debris. More often than not, the skies over this area are a bleak gray. Heavy torrents of rain relentlessly pound the beach along with unforgiving gales.

Other: Only pokemon which are not fully-evolved may be used. Each action, a pokemon on the sand has a 10% chance of getting hurt by debris. (5% damage) Also, pokemon flying or hovering will get a speed decrease of 2 due to the wind.

ME TAKE BATTLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom