• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

Somehow I miscounted my active battles, so I have an extra slot! So here goes nothing...

Format: 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 (six trainers, one pokemon per trainer)
Style: set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Attract, OHKO’s, direct healing
Arena Description: Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

“Hogwarts Castle is a large, seven-story high building supported by magic, with a hundred and forty two staircases throughout its many towers and turrets and very deep dungeons. The castle was built in the late Early Middle Ages (c. 993) by a wizard architect and the four most celebrated wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. The Castle houses Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, regarded as the finest wizarding school in the world.

Hogwarts is built in a valley area — surrounding mountains are part of the landscape — with the fairly large Great Lake to the south of the main building. The huge main oak front doors leading into the Entrance Hall face the west, and open up to sloping lawns. The deep Forbidden Forest extends around to the west of the Castle. There are also exterior greenhouses and vegetable patches on the school grounds.”
link

To make things a bit simpler, we'll be staying around the grounds leading up to Hagrid's Cabin and the Forbidden Forest, around near the Great Lake.

Additional Rules: Three pokemon will be out at a time, and will rotate one out each round. For example:

- First round, trainers 1, 2 and 3.
- Second round, trainers 2, 3 and 4.
- Third round, trainers 4, 5 and 6.
etc.

While a trainer is rotated out, their pokemon is not affected by battle, so even things like poison wouldn’t wear on them (like being rotated out in a rotation battle). The rounds where they are rotated out do not count for effects wearing off (like confusion, etc.).

Each trainer’s chosen pokemon will be PM’d to the ref, and can be chosen from their entire squad, including those in the PC.

Dibs on reffing this when you get all the players.

CASUALLY STEALS THIS...

3v3 single
Style: Set
DQ: one week
Damage cap: 45%
Banned moves: anything that may damage the arena
Arena: Dusky Bridge

A long, narrow, rickety old suspension bridge spanning the Eagle River, roughly long enough to take two actions to cross from one side to the other. The battle takes place in the middle of the bridge, with the trainers each positioned on opposing sides. A handrail will prevent Pokémon from falling or being knocked off. At the beginning of the third round, lightning will strike the bridge, setting it on fire; Pokémon will have until the end of this round to escape the bridge to either end before it collapses, dumping any Pokémon still on it into the Eagle River. Anything that falls into the river cannot be reclaimed, so the Pokémon will be knocked out if this happens. The battle will then move to the cliffsides the bridge connected; if the Pokémon are on opposite sides, only projectile attacks will connect, and due to the distance they need to travel and the heavy snowfall obscuring the view across the canyon, these attacks' accuracy will be reduced by 25%. Alternatively, if they end up on the same side, obviously one will be very far away from their trainer and there is a 25% chance this Pokémon won't hear whatever commands it is given. (Flying Pokémon near their trainers may listen to their commands, fly to the other side to enact them, and return without penalty, but the trip across the canyon takes a full action each way.)
On the sixth round, Godot and Detective Gumshoe will arrive to repair the bridge; anything that touches the bridge (accidentally or otherwise) between then and the time it is finished will cause Godot to throw a mug of scalding coffee at whoever touched it or used the attack that hit it, dealing 5% typeless damage, inflicting a burn, and reducing Defense by 1 level due to the cuts dealt by shattering china. By the ninth round, the bridge will be finished, and the events will repeat themselves from there onwards (lightning strike/bridge collapse on round 12, Godot and Gumshoe arrive on round 15, bridge is fixed on round 18, etc.)

Other notes: So as to not put undue strain on the already-unstable bridge, only Pokémon under 5 feet in height and 200lbs in weight may be used.

You're on!

Eh, I can't just let someone steal my arena and then not ref the resulting battle. I guess that's just one of my rules. swig

Somehow I miscounted my active battles, so I have an extra slot! So here goes nothing...

“Hogwarts Castle is a large, seven-story high building supported by magic, with a hundred and forty two staircases throughout its many towers and turrets and very deep dungeons. The castle was built in the late Early Middle Ages (c. 993) by a wizard architect and the four most celebrated wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. The Castle houses Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, regarded as the finest wizarding school in the world.

Hogwarts is built in a valley area — surrounding mountains are part of the landscape — with the fairly large Great Lake to the south of the main building. The huge main oak front doors leading into the Entrance Hall face the west, and open up to sloping lawns. The deep Forbidden Forest extends around to the west of the Castle. There are also exterior greenhouses and vegetable patches on the school grounds.”
link

To make things a bit simpler, we'll be staying around the grounds leading up to Hagrid's Cabin and the Forbidden Forest, around near the Great Lake.

Additional Rules: Three pokemon will be out at a time, and will rotate one out each round. For example:

etc.

While a trainer is rotated out, their pokemon is not affected by battle, so even things like poison wouldn’t wear on them (like being rotated out in a rotation battle). The rounds where they are rotated out do not count for effects wearing off (like confusion, etc.).

Each trainer’s chosen pokemon will be PM’d to the ref, and can be chosen from their entire squad, including those in the PC.

Well this just sounds amazing, dropping my other challenge to partake in this

link

etc.

I'll get in on this as well, then

link

etc.

Let's do it! I'm in

Format: 3 vs. 3 Singles
DQ time: Seven Days
No-no Moves: OHKOes (including Perish Song), Attract, Super Fang, Endeavor. Chills limited to 3 per pokémon. Direct Healing (including Pain Split) limited to one / team.
Arena: The Inside Out Planet at the Center of the Earth

Since the dawn of science, we humans have wondered what lies beneath the thick crusts of solid rock and heavy coats of salty waters that cover our unique home, the Earth. Conservative scientists believe to have figured it all out, that only boiling hot magma stemming from an approximately endless chain of chemical reactions is all that goes on under our feet.

They would be right, except they're wrong.

Embark with me on a funkytastic adventure to discover the magical ecosystem that exists at the very center of the Earth, defying both known science and common sense.

It is a would-be empty sphere, inside which blooms a world of funkiness and wonders, lightened up by multicolored plants of abnormal height and size, feeding off the heat of the magma and giving off kaleidoscopic lights produced by bioluminescence defying the laws of nature. The gravity seems to go outwards, meaning the fighters will always be on safe grounds unless they jump or fly high enough to reach the floor above, which is about fifty kilometers away so don't try that.

What is most interesting about this place, however, is how unconnected it has stayed from the surface. Thus, evolution took an entirely different path, because it had other elements to play with. This makes everything in the Inside Out Planet a little different.

The battle takes place is near a large lake of violet water surrounded by turquoise plantlife. A ragged path of white and cyan rocks leads to a volcano of the same colors in the distance.

The violet water is imbued with unknown characteristics, and every round spent in it will raise a stat by one stage and lower another by one stage, each one at random, except the effect can't nullify itself. Hitting a pokémon with this water (by Surf, for example) will risk (30% chance) affecting the hit pokémon the same way.

The turquoise plantlife is animated by a mysterious life, and entering in contact with it (either voluntarily or from the effects of a move, like razor leaf) will leave a thin film of its bioluminescent sap on the pokémon. The sap slows the pokémon down (-2 to speed) but grants the ability Illuminate and restores the health of grass-type pokémon by 1% each action. It also attracts local insect life, and a pokémon covered in turquoise sap risks (30% chance) taking 2% bug-type damage at the end each round, unless it finds a way to repel them. It can be washed away fairly easily, though.

The white rocks are sharp, pointy and covered in a fine glittery powder. Entering in contact with them (either by accident or from a move like rock throw) will cause an additional 2% fairy-typed damage and may (15% chance) grant the ability Pixilate.

What is most interesting here though is the wildlife. Pokémon have evolved in a completely different way, though it is possible to use a Pokédex and identify their types. For now, all we see are enormous, long necked mammals foraging the depths of the violet lake, along with their careless youngs. They might attack if provoked, but for now they seem peaceful. Our pokédex tells us they are Water / Normal -types, so the moves they use are to be of those types.

To the referee: The rest of the wildlife will show up randomly at the end of the rounds and through the sole imagination of the referee. They have to be fairly expansive in their description, but the battlers may use it as they see fit. As with the long-necked mammals, they have a known type and might use attacks of this type that fits with their physique. They can have very funky effects such as granting a new ability / type.

BEHOLD THE BATTLE OF THE UNKNOWN

Last edited:
Format: 3 vs. 3 Singles
DQ time: Seven Days
No-no Moves: OHKOes (including Perish Song), Attract, Super Fang, Endeavor. Chills limited to 3 per pokémon. Direct Healing (including Pain Split) limited to one / team.
Arena: The Inside Out Planet at the Center of the Earth

Since the dawn of science, we humans have wondered what lies beneath the thick crusts of solid rock and heavy coats of salty waters that covers our unique home, the Earth. Conservative scientists believe to have figured it all out, that online boiling hot magma stemming from an approximately endless chain of chemical reactions is all that goes on under our feet.

They would be right, except they're wrong.

Embark with me on a funkytastic adventure to discover the magical ecosystem that exists at the very center of the Earth, defying both known science and common sense.

It is a would-be empty sphere, inside which blooms a world of funkiness and wonders, lightened up by multicolored plants of abnormal height and size, feeding off the heat of the magma and giving off kaleidoscopic lights produced by bioluminescence defying the laws of nature. The gravity seems to go outwards, meaning the fighters will always be on safe grounds unless they jump or fly high enough to reach the floor above, which is about fifty kilometers away so don't try that.

What is most interesting about this place, however, is how unconnected it has stayed from the surface. Thus, evolution took an entirely different path, because it had other elements to play with. This makes everything in the Inside Out Planet a little different.

The battle takes place is near a large of violet water surrounded by turquoise plantlife. A ragged path of white and cyan rocks leads to a volcano of the same colors in the distance.

The violet water is imbued with unknown characteristics, and every round spent in it will raise a stat by one stage and lower another by one stage, each one at random, except the effect can't nullify itself. Hitting a pokémon with this water (by Surf, for example) will risk (30% chance) affecting the hit pokémon the same way.

The turquoise plantlife is animated by a mysterious life, and entering in contact (either voluntarily or from the effects of a move, like razor leaf) it with it will leave a thin film of its bioluminescent sap on the pokémon. The sap slows the pokémon down (-2 to speed) but grants the ability Illuminate and restores the health of grass-type pokémon by 1% each action. It also attracts local insect life, and a pokémon covered in turquoise sap risks (30% chance) taking 2% bug-type damage at the end each round, unless it finds a way to repel them. It can be washed away fairly easily, though.

The white rocks are sharp, pointy and covered in a fine glittery powder. Entering in contact with them (either by accident or from a move like rock throw) will cause an additional 2% fairy-typed damage and may (15% chance) grant the ability Pixilate.

What is most interesting here though is the wildlife. Pokémon have evolved in a completely different way, though it is possible to use a Pokédex and identify their types. For now, all we see are enormous, long necked mammals foraging the depths of the violet lake, along with their careless youngs. They might attack if provoked, but for now they seem peaceful. Our pokédex tells us they are Water / Normal -types, so the moves they use are to be of those types.

To the referee: The rest of the wildlife will show up randomly at the end of the rounds and through the sole imagination of the referee. They have to be fairly expansive in their description, but the battlers may use it as they see fit. As with the long-necked mammals, they have a known type and might use attacks of this type that fits with their physique.

BEHOLD THE BATTLE OF THE UNKNOWN

Ooh, this seems fun. I'm in!

I've just had a battle slot open up and I had this idea kicking around.

Format: 3v3 Singles
Banned/Restricted Moves: Nothin'
Arena Description:

Some have chosen to believe that numbers lie at the center of the world. The essence that defines all reality, instead of the numbers being the human definition of reality. Deep down, everything is a number, a quantity. And every quantity is ordered, understood, has a place somewhere, somehow. This is where that happens.

A foreboding oak desk sits in the middle of a closed office. Creaking bookshelves line the beige walls, serving as stands for watching books, their sole purpose to gather dust. Until now. The owner of the room, the books, and the desk of knotted wood, seems to be missing. The carpet is a fine green felt, whose bristles are thick enough to cause a bit of light tickling on whoever sets foot on it. Stacks of unused papers rise up from the floor, beside empty trays discarded from their perch on the desk. The desk itself is covered by a mess of papers, each filled to the margins with scribbled numbers. A lamp sits drooping on a board of dark green, beside an unfinished paper and a dry quill lounging in an ink pot. The drawers are too heavy to pull, but a faint rustle suggests there is paper inside. There is a triangular name-holder facing the locked door. It reads:

Raynold Newton Gunray
The Number Keeper.

When the battle begins each trainer sends out one Pokemon in the normal fashion, but without giving orders. The referee then produces three sets of three random moves each for the Pokemon (from their respective movepools) and posts them in the thread. Note that each Pokemon must get three different moves in one set, but the sets may repeat moves in other sets. [hide=For example:]
Frog the Croagunk:
  1. Strength ~ Thunder Punch ~ Venoshock
  2. Work Up ~ Sludge Wave ~ Thunder Punch
  3. Spite ~ Drain Punch ~ Protect
[/hide]

The battlers then PM the referee which one of the three command sets they want their Pokemon to use for that round. While the move sets cannot be detracted from, the battlers may mention to the referee how they want the Pokemon to move about the battlefield or how they want a certain move executed.

For the purposes of this battle, there is no regard for the speed stat. For the first round the referee will do a coin flip on which Pokemon moves first (and this means they will move first on every action of that round), which then alternates every round.

At the end of every third round the Pokemon swap movepools.

Energy costs for all moves with fixed energy costs are halved, rounded up.

Since I've got another slot free, I'll put this back up on the board.

link

etc.

I'll be number six? :D

Time for another challenge.

Format: 2v2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Damage cap: 40%
Banned moves: OHKOs, direct healing, attraction
Additional restrictions: Only Pokemon with 3 or fewer EXP allowed

Arena: Truly, Madly, Deeply

When it’s just too impossible for battlers to safely (or not-so-safely) go where they want for a match, the Asber Holodrome is always happy to provide a simulated fight area. Unfortunately, some oddly literal-minded soul has accidentally gotten the holodrome’s settings jammed, so we’ve got to use those preset parameters. And what odd parameters they are…

This literalist has designed the arena around the chorus of the song “Truly, Madly, Deeply,” with the arena changing drastically each round to reflect the lyrics.

Round One: I want to stand with you on a mountain

The battle begins on rough terrain at the peak of a tall mountain. Be careful that you don’t fall off!

Round Two: I want to bathe with you in the sea

The mountain suddenly disappears and the battlers find themselves submerged deep underwater. Any Pokemon that needs air to breathe will find itself provided with a scuba suit courtesy of Team Aqua for this purpose, as will the referee and Trainers. Since this is all a hologram, you might wonder why the scuba suits are necessary, but shhhh.

Round Three: I want to lay like this forever

We now shift to a meadow where time is standing still. No, not metaphorically. Time is halted so deeply that all changes to health, energy, status ailments, stat buffs/debuffs, and any other condition will not take effect until the end of the round when we move out of this timeless meadow, at which point they will all happen simultaneously.

In other words, want to use Toxic to boost the damage of the Venoshock you’re gonna use? Too bad. Want to use Swords Dance to beef up that Slash you’d like to use? Not gonna happen.

As a nifty little side effect, a savvy battler can stop certain things from ever having happened. If your foe uses Thunder Wave, you can just use Refresh — they’ll both take effect simultaneously at the end of the round, so you’ll never have been paralyzed at all. If you don’t have enough health to survive nor energy to heal yourself, go ahead and Recover, then Chill back out of the negative points before we leave the meadow. Time is weird here.

Round Four: Until the sky falls down on me

Put on your scuba suits again, ‘cause we’re headed to outer space! A meteor shower, specifically. As it enters the atmosphere, with the rocks burning and flying chaotically past us. Each action, each battler has a 33% chance of being hit by a rogue meteor, which is treated as a Meteor Mash attack. Ouch.

Once Round Four is over, are you relieved to be done with the meteor shower? Too bad. We’re back on a mountain again. Yeah, this song is on an endless loop until the battle’s over. Hope you don’t mind earworms!

When it’s just too impossible for battlers to safely (or not-so-safely) go where they want for a match, the Asber Holodrome is always happy to provide a simulated fight area. Unfortunately, some oddly literal-minded soul has accidentally gotten the holodrome’s settings jammed, so we’ve got to use those preset parameters. And what odd parameters they are…

This literalist has designed the arena around the chorus of the song “Truly, Madly, Deeply,” with the arena changing drastically each round to reflect the lyrics.

The battle begins on rough terrain at the peak of a tall mountain. Be careful that you don’t fall off!

The mountain suddenly disappears and the battlers find themselves submerged deep underwater. Any Pokemon that needs air to breathe will find itself provided with a scuba suit courtesy of Team Aqua for this purpose, as will the referee and Trainers. Since this is all a hologram, you might wonder why the scuba suits are necessary, but shhhh.

We now shift to a meadow where time is standing still. No, not metaphorically. Time is halted so deeply that all changes to health, energy, status ailments, stat buffs/debuffs, and any other condition will not take effect until the end of the round when we move out of this timeless meadow, at which point they will all happen simultaneously.

In other words, want to use Toxic to boost the damage of the Venoshock you’re gonna use? Too bad. Want to use Swords Dance to beef up that Slash you’d like to use? Not gonna happen.

As a nifty little side effect, a savvy battler can stop certain things from ever having happened. If your foe uses Thunder Wave, you can just use Refresh — they’ll both take effect simultaneously at the end of the round, so you’ll never have been paralyzed at all. If you don’t have enough health to survive nor energy to heal yourself, go ahead and Recover, then Chill back out of the negative points before we leave the meadow. Time is weird here.

Put on your scuba suits again, ‘cause we’re headed to outer space! A meteor shower, specifically. As it enters the atmosphere, with the rocks burning and flying chaotically past us. Each action, each battler has a 33% chance of being hit by a rogue meteor, which is treated as a Meteor Mash attack. Ouch.

Once Round Four is over, are you relieved to be done with the meteor shower? Too bad. We’re back on a mountain again. Yeah, this song is on an endless loop until the battle’s over. Hope you don’t mind earworms!

I accept!

I accept!

AND MY AXE REF.

A challenge for MrKyurem.
Format: Switch.
Style: 3v3 singles
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct healing, one-hit-knock-outs
Arena Description: Gateway Galaxy
The battle takes place in the Gateway Galaxy, as it appears in Super Mario Galaxy. Gravity's hold is significantly less powerful, though attacks that make use of the ground will briefly intensify gravity for the sake of the battle. Battlers can traverse freely between any of the three planets:
  • the starting planet (featuring several large boulders, a patch of flowers that pokémon under a foot tall can hide in, thus raising their evasion by one stage, and bunnies that take an action to catch but restore the trainer's choice of either health or energy by 2%)
  • the black hole planet (upon which moves that that cause recoil to the user or knockback to the foe will toss the respective pokémon into the black hole, dealing 7% dark-type damage (ref's discretion here; recoil doesn't necessarily mean damage recoil))
  • or the metal planet (featuring a tall spire that, if hit with an electric- or fire-type move, will paralyse any pokémon standing on the planet's surface within that moment).
Additional Rules:
None!

engage the dazel

I accept.
Let's-a go!

Test battle for JackPK (who was a ref in the old league but wants to try out again since it's been half a decade). Need one mentoring advanced/elite ref and one other battler.

2vs2 Single
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.

Test battle for JackPK (who was a ref in the old league but wants to try out again since it's been half a decade). Need one mentoring advanced/elite ref and one other battler.

2vs2 Single
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.

I can be the mentor c:

Open challenge.

Format: 1v1 single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 99%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, weather, attraction, and direct healing except Chill.
Arena Description: Kalos Route 14, also known as the Laverre Nature Trail. The battle starts in the playground at the southernmost end of the route and may move to the swamp-filled forest area. The general muck in the area makes any move that uses natural resources (e.g. Surf, Rock Throw, Grass Knot) have a 50% chance to lower the target's speed, in addition to any other effects.

At the end of every round, a random wild Pokemon appears, with varying effects:
25% chance: A Skorupi uses Infestation on a random battler; though it deals no damage, the battler is trapped for the entirety of the next round.
25% chance: A Goomy appears and gives a random battler an Oran Berry covered in slime. This heals the Pokemon for 5% health but harshly lowers its speed.
20% chance: A Haunter lays a foul curse on both battlers that wears off at the end of the next round, afflicting both with a random two of the following: mild burn, mild poison, mild confusion, lowered special attack, lowered special defense.
20% chance: A Weepinbell uses Magical Leaf on a random battler.
10% chance: A Carnivine chomps on a random battler's leg or leg-equivalent, completely immobilizing the body part with sticky saliva for the next round. What effects this has depends on the Pokemon; for example, a Machoke might take more energy to move around, while a Pidgeotto might not face such a problem but might have trouble using attacks with its feet.

Also: I would prefer if the challenge accepter discussed with me what Pokemon we're going to use, or at least agrees not to send out a Pokemon with super-effective STAB unless it's mutual? I'd like to use my Dusclops or Ralts, if that's possible.

Whoever takes that, I'll ref it. A quick battle to get back into the swing of reffing sounds nice.

Open challenge.

Format: 1v1 single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 99%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, weather, attraction, and direct healing except Chill.
Arena Description: Kalos Route 14, also known as the Laverre Nature Trail. The battle starts in the playground at the southernmost end of the route and may move to the swamp-filled forest area. The general muck in the area makes any move that uses natural resources (e.g. Surf, Rock Throw, Grass Knot) have a 50% chance to lower the target's speed, in addition to any other effects.

At the end of every round, a random wild Pokemon appears, with varying effects:
25% chance: A Skorupi uses Infestation on a random battler; though it deals no damage, the battler is trapped for the entirety of the next round.
25% chance: A Goomy appears and gives a random battler an Oran Berry covered in slime. This heals the Pokemon for 5% health but harshly lowers its speed.
20% chance: A Haunter lays a foul curse on both battlers that wears off at the end of the next round, afflicting both with a random two of the following: mild burn, mild poison, mild confusion, lowered special attack, lowered special defense.
20% chance: A Weepinbell uses Magical Leaf on a random battler.
10% chance: A Carnivine chomps on a random battler's leg or leg-equivalent, completely immobilizing the body part with sticky saliva for the next round. What effects this has depends on the Pokemon; for example, a Machoke might take more energy to move around, while a Pidgeotto might not face such a problem but might have trouble using attacks with its feet.

Also: I would prefer if the challenge accepter discussed with me what Pokemon we're going to use, or at least agrees not to send out a Pokemon with super-effective STAB unless it's mutual? I'd like to use my Dusclops or Ralts, if that's possible.

We've a score to settle, you and I. Let us duel!

guess what mofo, it's another recycled arena /o/

3v3 single
DQ: one week
Damage cap: 45%
Banned moves: OHKOs, anything that may damage the arena
Arena: Dusky Bridge

A long, narrow, rickety old suspension bridge spanning the Eagle River, roughly long enough to take two actions to cross from one side to the other. The battle takes place in the middle of the bridge, with the trainers each positioned on opposing sides. A handrail will prevent Pokémon from falling or being knocked off. At the beginning of the third round, lightning will strike the bridge, setting it on fire; Pokémon will have until the end of this round to escape the bridge to either end before it collapses, dumping any Pokémon still on it into the Eagle River. Anything that falls into the river cannot be reclaimed, so the Pokémon will be knocked out if this happens. The battle will then move to the cliffsides the bridge connected; if the Pokémon are on opposite sides, only projectile attacks will connect, and due to the distance they need to travel and the heavy snowfall obscuring the view across the canyon, these attacks' accuracy will be reduced by 25%. Alternatively, if they end up on the same side, obviously one will be very far away from their trainer and there is a 25% chance this Pokémon won't hear whatever commands it is given. (Flying Pokémon near their trainers may listen to their commands, fly to the other side to enact them, and return without penalty, but the trip across the canyon takes a full action each way.)
On the sixth round, Godot and Detective Gumshoe will arrive to repair the bridge; anything that touches the bridge (accidentally or otherwise) between then and the time it is finished will cause Godot to throw a mug of scalding coffee at whoever touched it or used the attack that hit it, dealing 5% typeless damage, inflicting a burn, and reducing Defense by 1 level due to the cuts dealt by shattering china. By the ninth round, the bridge will be finished, and the events will repeat themselves from there onwards (lightning strike/bridge collapse on round 12, Godot and Gumshoe arrive on round 15, bridge is fixed on round 18, etc.)

Other notes: So as to not put undue strain on the already-unstable bridge, only Pokémon under 5 feet in height and 200lbs in weight may be used.

Huhuhu! Do you want to battle me?

Well, I guess it's time to start reffing again. Thread up in a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom