• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

here's a challenge for Stryke

Format: 4v4 single

Style: Set

DQ Time: 49 hours

Damage Cap: 40%

Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Recovery 1/Mon, Chills 3/Mon, Splash

Story: Upon a bright, sunny day in Asber, a bystander finds a note taped, upside-down, to the doors of the central hall.

"you fucks skipped out on a battle for halloween to play mafia so we're making our own spooky decisions and going yo this stupid mansion.

xoxo,
Phoenix & Stryke"

Arena Description: Spooky Scary Man-si-on
The battle takes place in a haunted mansion, fit with its own mildly perturbed spirit! He's mostly complaining about how his mansion is always haunted by humans and how he just fixed that leak and how he's getting a restraining order. Funny stuff. There are two floors to the mansion, the bottom having 6 rooms while the top has 5, with the center room instead having a balcony overlooking the foyer. A Pokémon can take an action to move to another room vertically or horizontally, while one flying pokémon can fly up from the foyer to the second floor balcony without taking an action. The ghost, Phil, is only really there to complain. Water for certain rooms can only be found in the bathroom on the bottom floor, in the top left corner of the map.

Additional Rules: Phil must be acknowledged in every ref post or he kills everyone.

Hey guys that's me
(Accepted)

for mewtini.

Format: 3v3 single
Style: switch
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap:40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, direct heals,
Arena Description: psychic blaze. the battle takes place on a website. water can be summoned as necessary. by default, a 1.2x bonus is granted to the dark type. one action can be consumed to change the site's style to one of the following, and it will remain until someone switches it again: green to grass, white to ice, pink to fairy, blue to water.

for mewtini.

Format: 3v3 single
Style: switch
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap:40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, direct heals,
Arena Description: psychic blaze. the battle takes place on a website. water can be summoned as necessary. by default, a 1.2x bonus is granted to the dark type. one action can be consumed to change the site's style to one of the following, and it will remain until someone switches it again: green to grass, white to ice, pink to fairy, blue to water.

accepted as fuck

Format: 2 vs 2, single
Style: Switch
DQ: 3 weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Direct Recovery Moves
Arena Description: Somewhere off in a secluded forest is a giant metal dome-like structure that if we're being honest really has no business being in a forest anyway, which it doesn't. It's an abandoned research facility where some scientists attempted to toy with nature... and failed. Don''t worry, nothing evil lurks there; they just didn't get the results that the higher ups wanted, so their funding was cut, and as a result the facility had to be abandoned. However, what was it they were trying to do? Well, they were looking into how terrain moves such as Electric Terrain and Misty Terrain work, and in the process, managed to create 18 sort of inferior, man-made terrains: one for each type!

These terrains have the same effect of amplifying moves of the same type as the active terrain by 1.2x, with the added bonus effect of weakening any moves that would normally be weak to the type of the terrain by 0.8x. So, for example, if a water terrain was in effect, any water moves used then would be amplified by 1.2x, while any fire, ground, or rock moves used would have be weakened by 0.8x. However, if a type is weak to itself (Dragon or Ghost) or has no types weak to it (Normal), the 0.8x modifier does not come into effect (Or in Ghost terrains case, only affects Psychic type moves). However, these terrains aren't without their drawbacks; like I mentioned, they're inferior versions, so they can only last one round at a time before fading away to a new terrain. In addition, if it happens to become a Grass, Electric, Psychic, or Fairy terrain, it will not keep any bonus effects that it would normally have, such as negating priority moves or healing at the end of every round, and will only have the aforementioned effects of boosting or lowering certain types attacks.

To summarize:
There are 18 "terrains", one for each type
A new random "terrain" is put into effect at the start of each round
Boosts moves of the same type as the terrain by 1.2x
Weakens moves that have types that are weak to the type of the terrain by 0.8x
If a terrain has a type that is weak against itself (Dragon or Ghost) then the 1.2x modifier trumps the 0.8x modifier
If the terrain is Electric, Psychic, Fairy, or Grass, it does not have any of the bonus effects such as negating status or anything, and only boosts or weakens its according types

(Hopefully I did this right and this doesn't seem too overpowered or anything but if it is please let me know!)

Ooh, this arena looks interesting! I’ll take this challenge.

Just to clarify, would normal Terrain moves or Terrain-dependent abilities/items still work along with the terrain in the arena?

Ooh, yeah, probably should've specified that... But anyway, normal Terrain moves are banned, so I'll edit the Banned Moves section to reflect that, as is the Terrain Extender. However, all the Terrain seeds are allowed, in addition to any Terrain dependent abilities, as long as the corresponding terrain happens to show up.

I shall ref this battle. ASB 2019, yo. Working on the ref stuff as we speak. Thread will be up as soon as it's all finished.

Last edited:
HEY... who wants a ref. I will ref a battle! (A quest battle works too!) ASB 2019??!

Last edited:
i put a couple of things in the emergency ref forum so i can clear my queue, so when i have a spot open:

Open Challenge:
Format: 2v2 Singles
DQ: 2 weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Perish Song, Moves that knock the user out
Arena: Ancient Arena
A tall ruined wall surrounds the field, collapsed in multiple places. There is a small pond to the side which can supply any water needed.

Additional Rules: base pokemon that can evolve only

Challenge for RNP! This can be reduced or no rewards or whatever, idc.

Format: 1v1 single
Style: duh
DQ: 24 hours. Taking this battle seriously is not allowed.
Damage Cap: none
Banned/Restricted Moves: none
Arena Description: The arena is the Telecod chat. Ref can make of this what they will.
Additional Rules: Posting words for your commands is not allowed. All commands must be one or more memes + a command string. No abusing memes to just layer your commands onto an image. Here is a (rushed) sample command:

4yCun7V.jpg

Sheer Cold ~ Sheer Cold ~ Sheer Cold

Challenge for RNP! This can be reduced or no rewards or whatever, idc.

Format: 1v1 single
Style: duh
DQ: 24 hours. Taking this battle seriously is not allowed.
Damage Cap: none
Banned/Restricted Moves: none
Arena Description: The arena is the Telecod chat. Ref can make of this what they will.
Additional Rules: Posting words for your commands is not allowed. All commands must be one or more memes + a command string. No abusing memes to just layer your commands onto an image. Here is a (rushed) sample command:

[some meme shit]

Sheer Cold ~ Sheer Cold ~ Sheer Cold

Accepted as hell. Er, I mean.

[some more meme shit]
i'll take this one. thread up shortly :B

i put a couple of things in the emergency ref forum so i can clear my queue, so when i have a spot open:

Open Challenge:
Format: 2v2 Singles
DQ: 2 weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Perish Song, Moves that knock the user out
Arena: Ancient Arena
A tall ruined wall surrounds the field, collapsed in multiple places. There is a small pond to the side which can supply any water needed.

Additional Rules: base pokemon that can evolve only

Is this still open? I'd like to fight.

I don't yet have a slot open (I think), the one battle I thought would be quickly finished wasn't. Sorry (Although Sandstone Shadow may be working on it, I know the writing part can take a lot of time)

The last round of the Alola battle is up - I'd say you're clear to take this one! :)

imma try this shit out again yo be patient i'm dumb

Format: 1 vs 1, single
DQ: Two weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, attract, direct recovery moves
Arena Description: playground
ur in a playground, man. there's a swingset and a sandbox and monkeybars and one of those fancy slide things and p much anything u can think of that should exist in a playground. it looks like this

playground-pg-img-01.jpg

let's GO! >:3c

shy ♡;670537 said:

ur in a playground, man. there's a swingset and a sandbox and monkeybars and one of those fancy slide things and p much anything u can think of that should exist in a playground. it looks like this

let's GO! >:3c[/QUOTE]

I'll fight u hell yea >:3c

I'll fight u hell yea >:3c

shy ♡;670537 said:

playground-pg-img-01.jpg

let's GO! >:3c

i'll ref this.

Challenge for anyone that won't curbstomp me because I'm new (preferably a newer player):

Format: 3 v 3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Banned/Restricted Moves: someone who knows what they're doing can fill this out
Arena Description/Additional Rules: Other player/ref can fill this out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom