• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

that does seem like the best explanation tbh
i'm not a wolf with rari and keldeo/blu being v/v seems unlikely to me because that would mean there are literally zero votes on mafia right now

i am going to go back to keldeo for now
kind of curious if blu shows back up to move his vote at any point

Yeah I’m going to vote Keldeo since I don’t think there’s enough traction for Trebek/koko and I think even if Blu flips mafia, Keldeo still does

I think if blu is mafia and keldeo is villager, both the self-vote and him focusing on arguing against them being partners is incredibly strange play

So I don't think it happens

tbh the thing i'm kind of turning over in my head about keldeo's self-defense is that he's right in the sense that his wolf game is not really this ostentatious or risky, and him sticking his neck out to make the pushes he has doesn't align with my existing understanding of his scum play.

but on the other hand he said like d1 that he's trying to change the way he plays to be more active anyway so like. pretty much regardless of his alignment, he's concerting some kind of effort to play that way where he normally wouldn't. if it's true that he normally plays this way as town, then he wouldn't have to try and play "more actively" because by his admission this already looks like his default town game, so if it's also true that he's attempting to push himself to play more actively than usual, doesn't that actually kind of suggest wolfiness more than not...? 🤔 this is definitely reachy but it's something i've been thinking about since reading his post so it seemed worth a mention.

Yeah, I was rolecopped, not greenchecked.

Anyway, I have finally finished my long-awaited kyeugh ISO, over the course of which the gamestate has obviously kind of moved on, but I was GOING to finish this damn it.

I think there's a lot in here that seems scummy in hindsight, especially if Keldeo is also scum:

- She leapt strongly to Keldeo's defense over the Trebek vote on D1, and continued to defend him a lot for most of the game, or be very vague and waffly about possible suspicion on him. At one point she vaguely expressed suspicion of Keldeo but concluded that was a huge reach; at another point she said if Keldeo's scum somebody other than her is going to have to figure it out. After this she relented and said she'd have to look at Keldeo's ISO, but then never did. She expressed some suspicion of Keldeo again after Keldeo voted Herbe, but said she felt good about his Herbe vote (and promised to ISO him again but never did, instead ISOing kokorico). Only today, with Keldeo clearly about to come seriously under fire, did she vote Keldeo, and even then she's still been kind of resistant, challenging the idea mafia!Keldeo is any more likely than mafia!blu, specifically insisting there's no possible way she's mafia with Keldeo, and changing her vote to blu.
- She was weirdly back-and-forth on Ultracool. She expressly wanted to kill the Ultracool wagon in favor of Stryke/myuma, and was then invested in keeping those two (v/v) wagons competitive; then later she voted Ultracool under pressure but then kind of discouraged it again, saying she didn't mean to start a thing here; then later said she didn't understand the Ultracool wagon despite having voted it herself; then ended up voting Ultracool anyway when that's where the thread was going; then agreed with Keldeo that the lack of resistance to Ultracool meant he wasn't mafia and wanted to vote between ILS/RNP instead (both town). Said after Ultracool was revealed to be mafia that she would've switched to him, but obviously that doesn't mean much.
- She was possibly the person most insistent that if RNP flipped town, the vig should definitely shoot Herbe. I can't go after this too hard, since I bought the idea too, but she was really pushing for and emphasizing this across several posts - and of course, turned out they were both town.
- In general, she's spent a lot of effort campaigning for wagons that turned out to be on town - which could just be bad luck/failed reads as with all of us, buuuut she's also spent very little effort opposing town wagons, as far as I could see. The strongest defense she's mounted was for Keldeo; she's expressed townreads at various points, but at least in the notes I wrote down I didn't really note much of anything in the way of resistance to any serious wagon, as if she was pretty much good with anyone that was getting seriously pushed.
- I also found it weird that shortly after saying that IndigoEmmy flipping red would implicate Tofu, IndigoEmmy made her cop claim and this prompted kyeugh, who believed Emmy, to... vote Tofu. (She went on to explain her reasoning for the Tofu vote as being that if one of her narrowed-down suspect list were to flip town, that'd mean there's one scum in VM/Tofu/Keldeo/Herbe and she's most suspicious of Tofu... but then why did she vote Tofu over someone on the actual suspect list?)
- Finally: today she made this bold move of offering to be vigged tonight if it helped town solve, which sounds like a very towny move - only of course then she realizes that if she's town then this would mean town loses, so this shouldn't happen. Only kyeugh herself had already figured out near the beginning of today that vigs shouldn't risk shooting town tonight. So by all appearances she knew from the start she wouldn't actually have to follow through on this, which makes it seem like kind of an opportunistic move to suggest it.

All that said, I don't think I see any reason not to resolve blu/Keldeo first, and I still think it's fairly obviously Keldeo.

Reminder: The day phase will end in 85 minutes.

Active votes
Vipera Magnifica votes Keldeo (#3959)
Trebek votes kyeugh (#4044)
mewtini votes kyeugh (#4098)
rari_teh votes kyeugh (#4112)
Keldeo votes Bluwiikoon (#4129)
kokorico votes Keldeo (#4258)
Bluwiikoon votes Bluwiikoon (#4310)
kyeugh votes Keldeo (#4365)
Mist1422 votes Keldeo (#4366)
Butterfree votes Keldeo (#4369)

Active votes bolded.

Bluwiikoon votes Keldeo (#3757)
Trebek votes Keldeo (#3874)
mewtini votes Keldeo (#3876)
rari_teh votes Keldeo (#3887)
kyeugh votes Keldeo (#3920)
mewtini votes kyeugh (#3926)
kokorico votes kyeugh (#3955)
Vipera Magnifica votes Keldeo (#3959)
mewtini votes Keldeo (#3961)
Trebek votes kyeugh (#4044)
mewtini votes kyeugh (#4098)
rari_teh votes kyeugh (#4112)
Keldeo votes Bluwiikoon (#4129)
kokorico votes Keldeo (#4258)

kyeugh votes Bluwiikoon (#4309)
Bluwiikoon votes Bluwiikoon (#4310)
kyeugh votes Keldeo (#4365)
Mist1422 votes Keldeo (#4366)
Butterfree votes Keldeo (#4369)

Only today, with Keldeo clearly about to come seriously under fire, did she vote Keldeo, and even then she's still been kind of resistant, challenging the idea mafia!Keldeo is any more likely than mafia!blu, specifically insisting there's no possible way she's mafia with Keldeo, and changing her vote to blu.
i can kind of see where you're coming from with a lot of this post, but i really don't get this. in a vacuum i guess i can see what you're saying, but pretty much no one has wanted to press on keldeo this entire game, and even now, when we can be virtually certain that one of keldeo/blu are scum, he'd only arrived at a majority a few hours ago. i've been trying to get people to acknowledge this all day, and have been sitting on this vote here for ages and very actively campaigning for other people to do the same, which is not exactly reluctantly moving onto him because he's under fire. i get that there's an element of self-preservation at play there, but i don't think it's really fair to say that i've been dragging my feet on the keldeo thing and trying to hedge on the whole blu when i've been pretty transparent about my thinking during all this and it's been an uphill battle until a few hours ago anyway.

also, i'm still open to being shot tonight. there was just a brief moment of panic when i thought it would actually immediately end the game if i was, so i was being very vocal about the fact that yeah please don't shoot me if you don't want to lose, but i've since revised my opinion because i can see that's not actually the case.

i honestly kind of selfishly want to be shot because i really don't want to have to make this laborious argument for another three irl days when i can just die and everyone can see in an instant that they've been misled by wolves this entire time, but i get that doing so would put the mafia in a position to force the vote to a rand if they wanted to, so i'm not going to really push it.

also, i'm still open to being shot tonight. there was just a brief moment of panic when i thought it would actually immediately end the game if i was, so i was being very vocal about the fact that yeah please don't shoot me if you don't want to lose, but i've since revised my opinion because i can see that's not actually the case.
Wait, did I miss something? I thought this was still true? We're at 5/11 mafia, if we lynch mafia it'll be 4/10, and then if mafia and vig both shoot town it'll be 4/8? Right?

@Bluwiikoon pls take care of yourself/don't push yourself, but if you're town and able, please move your vote. as it is mafia could still force a majority vote on you right before EoD and instantly win. i hope you are doing okay tbh
Aaaa you're right, I'm really sorry. >< I'm having a bit of a Time but that's still no reason to sabotage the game for town

Keldeo

Wait, did I miss something? I thought this was still true? We're at 5/11 mafia, if we lynch mafia it'll be 4/10, and then if mafia and vig both shoot town it'll be 4/8? Right?
only if they win at parity and not majority, which i don’t think it’s the case since it wasn’t for tvt, unless i’m mistaken.

Oh, hmm. Are we sure? I don't know if that's something Jack would GM the way I did, especially since it was majority in TVT mainly because technically it was "all innocents are dead" and I just allowed the rest to be skipped when mafia victory was actually guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom