• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

2012: Doom year? O_O

2012 = Doomsday?

• Yes...and we must fear it!

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I think that it's possible

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • I'm very skeptical about it...

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Hell no

Votes: 52 57.8%

• Total voters
If she isn't, you would be like THIS CLOSE to be able to drink beer except then the world implodes :(

If I were DoF, I really wouldn't care, but there you go.

So, um, is it really just a coincidence that there's about 1000 possible apocalypses that just happen to all be due for 2012? Doesn't anyone else find that a bit... odd?

So, um, is it really just a coincidence that there's about 1000 possible apocalypses that just happen to all be due for 2012? Doesn't anyone else find that a bit... odd?

It's probably because people decided to target 2012. I'm sure it could have been any other year, like say, 2000 >.>

Although, apparently there was a bunch of stuff of how the world would end in 2006 as well. Does doom's day have a six year cycle?

I think it was 2006 because that year there was a 06/06/06 (Ie. The sixth of June.)

Well, with a date like 21/12/12, I wonder if the Mayans were scared of one's and two's *shot*

Hmm, as for the 666 thing, the was one of 'em. But there was a few more involving Armageddon and stuff.

There are a few failed TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It) prophecies for 2006 without a specific date:
Michael Drosnin predicted in his book "The Bible Code II" that:"... the Bible code clearly states the danger in modern terms- 'atomic holocaust' and 'World War' are both encoded in the Bible. And both are encoded with the same year, 2006."

Annie Stanton predicted that a 14.4 mile long asteroid will collide with the earth. Jesus will arrive and a 1000 year period of peace will start.

James Kingsley has predicted an:" 'End of Days' Atomic Air Strike in 2006. Two or three MiG fighters will drop bombs on nuclear facilities in Washington State, Oregon and San Francisco. This will be done by a secret alliance of China, Iran, Syria. Somehow France is involved. The attack will begin at 9 AM Pacific Time and cause massive damage that will effect the whole planet." 4

According to the Sunday Times in England, a religious group called "The Family" anticipates the end of the world in 2006. "Members are said to be stockpiling food and planning to hide in caves in India."

According to the Weekly world News for 2001-FEB-13, hydrogen bombs hidden in London, Washington and Tel Aviv will be detonated. This will be the start of the war of Armageddon

This stuff is on some random website I found, so I'm not sure if any of that was actually said (there was a bunch more with dates and crap, but I'm too lazy to read through it all).

Although, I have yet to see any of this happen in 2006, so I'm pretty sure we'll be save for 2012, and 2018, and all the other cycles of six years.

Why do people do that? If the world is going to end, why hide in a cave in India? Why not spend all your savings on a really nice house you can spend your few remaining days in? Silly people.

...and I feel fiiine~

People have predicted the apocalypse every day and nothing has happened. When will people learn that their fictional mythologies don't count for shit?

Wanna know why the Mayan Calendar ended at 21/12/2012?

They ran out of space on their rock.

Why do people do that? If the world is going to end, why hide in a cave in India? Why not spend all your savings on a really nice house you can spend your few remaining days in? Silly people.

...and I feel fiiine~

I agree. Completely. Although I would actually go for some video games and books instead, but... Same thing....

For those of you feeling a bit confused about why the world would end when the Mayan calendar resets, the Mayans believed that when their calendar resets, the world ends and that two beings always survive to repopulate. Supposedly it happened five or six times before, and humans are the latest creatures to gain dominance in the aftermath. This time it could be chimps, elephants or emus for all we know (not that I believe the world will end).

For those of you feeling a bit confused about why the world would end when the Mayan calendar resets, the Mayans believed that when their calendar resets, the world ends and that two beings always survive to repopulate.

Oh my God, it's End of Evangelion all over again.

For those of you feeling a bit confused about why the world would end when the Mayan calendar resets, the Mayans believed that when their calendar resets, the world ends and that two beings always survive to repopulate. Supposedly it happened five or six times before, and humans are the latest creatures to gain dominance in the aftermath. This time it could be chimps, elephants or emus for all we know (not that I believe the world will end).

Despite the publicity generated by the 2012 date, Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that "We [the archaeological community] have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end" in 2012.[12]

what the Mayans apparently did at the end of one such cycle (which they never reached during the time the civilisation existed, I don't think) was throw huge parties

/thread

My honest belief on this is that the world will not end specifically on that date.
I think that earths polarity is going to switch and everything is going to revert back to, like 1300. And most everyone is going to look around like a bunch of Magicarp cause they won't have a clue what to do without electricity (me included).

Of course it'll be interesting to watch everyone freak out like they did on 666.

But, one more thing. In what time zone is the world going to end?

The world will end 2012! I knew before anybody said anything to me! :D or maybe im just crazy? hmm... probably the 2nd one.

Back
Top Bottom