• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Abortion

Ah, my family has had...some experiences with adoption. It's not always good to be given up even if there were good intentions behind it. I know my mum is still furious at her father adopting her out when my nan got remarried, so she could share the same last name as her two younger (half) brothers. She was about three I reckon when it happened. She avoids him like hell (I've only seen him once in my life time) and only refers to him as David.

So yeah...adoption does not always equal happy solution.

An unwanted child can be given to an adoption center. Why does no one see that?

'Course, I can also see that the mother goes through morning sickness and whatnot, and the whole thing ends in having to push the thing out of her.
Why does no one see that (or for that matter, both arguments)?

Adoption would, in most cases it would be better suited for a child to be given to an adoption center than stay with an unsuitable, 16 or 17 year old parent.

Re: Adoption; Very, very few women have children and give them up for adoption, however, if one did, it would be adopted fairly quickly. Most of the kids "rotting in children's homes" are teenagers (who got put into care because their families were "unsuitable"), who people don't want to adopt because they want babies, so they're in and out of temporary foster care all the time.

(I'm not an expert and those were some huge generalizations, but that's more or less how it goes in the UK)

The adoption system in the US is horrid.

The funny thing is, a lot of pro-lifers rarely adopt kids out of the centres.

I imagine that's because most people who believe abortion is murder probably also think contraceptives are bad and end up having many, many children of their own.

The problem is that every time you masturbate or have a wet dream you're "killing" potential babies. Same for periods. We should do our best to bring children into the world at every opportunity!

They're gifts from God. We have to just accept them!

I agree that the adoption system in the US is awful. Very few children are being adopted and many children spend their entire childhood in an orphanage.
The problem is that every time you masturbate or have a wet dream you're "killing" potential babies. Same for periods. We should do our best to bring children into the world at every opportunity!

They're gifts from God. We have to just accept them!
This is the only sarcasm on the internet that should be... uh, condoned?

I am all for abortion, but if the stupid parent is too dumb to get it aborted then she can give it up to adoption.

Someone is not stupid because they have moral objections to doing particular things to their bodies.

I suppose that you are correct. However, if they didn't want this kid in the first place then they should have been careful enough to NOT get knocked up. Even if that means NO SEX!

Then you may have just proved my point. If you are too ignorant to think of the future and of the possibility of a child from sex then you are IN FACT stupid. And then, to ice the cake, you have moral reasons against abortion? If this is the case then this hypothetical person needs to Shut the F*** up and stop complaining and sent him/her to an adoption center as soon as the kid is born.

Then you may have just proved my point. If you are too ignorant to think of the future and of the possibility of a child from sex then you are IN FACT stupid. And then, to ice the cake, you have moral reasons against abortion? If this is the case then this hypothetical person needs to Shut the F*** up and stop complaining and sent him/her to an adoption center as soon as the kid is born.
yo
yo
shut the hell up

I'm pro-choice as fuck but I'm saying people don't think for ages before having sex because it just sort of happens and isn't something they plan out for a long time thinking 'HMMM WILL MY DECISION TO ENGAGE IN INTERCOURSE POSSIBLY HAVE NEGATIVE RESULTS IN THE FUTURE'
if they do they probably won't ever have sex or are those 'abstinence-till-marriage' people which means they'll probably lose their virginity at 15 without using contraception because they haven't been taught how to use it

Dude, calm. I'm all for premarital sex and all, but if you are 17, got knocked up and then don't want to get an abortion, then it sucks to be you.

If you are too ignorant to think of the future and of the possibility of a child from sex then you are IN FACT stupid.

Wait till you hit puberty and get a girl/boyfriend. That's all great in theory but it just doesn't always happen in practice. Also, it doesn't matter how long you think about the future before sex, condoms are still going to break and the pill isn't always going to work, whether you've thought about it or not. Accidents don't equal ignorance.

but if you are 17, got knocked up and then don't want to get an abortion, then it sucks to be you.

Um duh

obviously, but it's their choice and it doesn't make them stupid. that's why we're pro-choice, because people can choose what to do with their lives.

and pre-marital sex can happen when a person is twenty or thirty as well, not only when they're underaged. women have abortions after they reach the big 'eighteen' you know

Back
Top Bottom