• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Abortion

Regardless of everything else, it's absurd to suggest that foetuses reproduce by cell division.

I never said I disagree with that. And I hardly call a barely-moving parasite alive, either. Hence why I don't see office workers as alive. :D

Read the rules, dammit.

I would if they were posted somewhere.

IM? Email? :D I'm ready for it!

Because one needs food to live? That's a justifyable means in my book.

Why is it justifiable? Because without food we'd die? Well, okay, but I thought all life was equally important, so why is it okay for us to kill things for food?

Wherever did I suggest that the fetus itself reproduces? I clearly implied the cell growth.

@@ no, you didn't, you clearly said the foetus reproduced through cell duplication. sorry.

the first thing you see in the forum index is a link to the rules wtf >:(

I don't see anything wrong with abortion in reasonably early stages of pregnancy when the fetus doesn't feel pain. It's kind of like cutting down grass, really. Just because it has the potential to be something doesn't really have any bearing on it right now.

Later, I'm a little iffy. I can't help feeling people should ordinarily notice that they're pregnant before it starts showing on the outside, but there are women with really irregular periods and such for whom it would kind of suck. :/

Later, I'm a little iffy. I can't help feeling people should ordinarily notice that they're pregnant before it starts showing on the outside, but there are women with really irregular periods and such for whom it would kind of suck. :/

Also, pregnancies tend to be harder to see in fat women, or, if the fetus is particularly small due to various reasons, a woman just may not know. *shrug*

People on life support can't think or do anything useful. That doesn't make killing them right.
Well, why not? If nobody wants to pay for eir life support and there isn't any sign that the person is likely to wake up, what's so bad about not keeping em alive?

Dannichu said:
My best friend's brother can't speak, act on more than monosylabic commands and will never do anything to contribute to society. However, he's got just as much right to live as I do.
Being able to respond to monosyllabic commands heavily implies consciousness and thought.

Mudkip said:
a fetus is life
Yes it is but so what?

Mudkip said:
Read the rules, dammit.
I am pretty sure, if someone invites you to go ahead and it is taken to PM, that nobody will care.

I never said I disagree with that. And I hardly call a barely-moving parasite alive, either. Hence why I don't see office workers as alive. :D

You are being an idiot. Nothing more.

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/rules.php

IM? Email? :D I'm ready for it!

Dude, I'm not going to do anything.

Why is it justifiable? Because without food we'd die? Well, okay, but I thought all life was equally important, so why is it okay for us to kill things for food?

Because we die if we don't? I think you're taking what I say just a little too seriously. To put things in simple perspective: Hunting for food is okay, for just sport, not okay.

@@ no, you didn't, you clearly said the foetus reproduced through cell duplication. sorry.

Error on my part.

It is possible to create synthetic food. *nodnod*

That's nice, I can't.

I don't see anything wrong with abortion in reasonably early stages of pregnancy when the fetus doesn't feel pain. It's kind of like cutting down grass, really. Just because it has the potential to be something doesn't really have any bearing on it right now.

The grass will still grow, though.

Yeah, that's understandable.

Hunting for food is okay, for just sport, not okay.

hey what I was under the impression you were saying killing things in ANY situation other than for food was bad >:(

I don't see why it's not okay to harm some animals, but it's okay to kill an unborn baby. Did anyone hear about the controversy around Easter where a woman used Beet Juice to make her dog pink, and she got sued? Why do people care about the treatment of animals, but not of unborn babies? And as soon as the baby is born, killing it is considered murder, so why not before its born? It's still a human being, even if its not yet born.

And people call a fetus a parasite, but there is one aspect of the definition of Parasite that they are missing. A Parasite never gives anything back to the host. A a fetus helps release many hormones that are good for the mother.

And why kill the baby in the first place? It's a life, not just something to destroy. If you don't want to, or are unable to support and raise the baby, then put it up for adoption! Why is that so hard for some people to get that? There are plenty of couples who want to have babies, but can't for one reason or another, and they would love to raise someone's baby, especially if it would be killed otherwise.

Maybe its not the girls fault she's pregnant. That doesn't mean that she should kill the baby! It's a child, not a choice. And if the girl got pregnant by choice, then she should have to deal with the consequences. If she decided to have sex without taking birth control pills and she gets pregnant, she should adopt he baby out.

A very close friend of mine was nearly aborted, but her mother decided to adopt her to a loving family. Now, she's 17 years old, and has a life that's just as important as everyone else's life. This may sound dumb, but I know that there are many people who are obviously thankful that they were not aborted and were given a chance at life.

Just because the baby is still inside of the mother doesn't mean that killing it isn't murder.

Why do people care about the treatment of animals, but not of unborn babies?

The animal is already alive and can feel emotions and pain. A fetus cannot.

If you don't want to, or are unable to support and raise the baby, then put it up for adoption! Why is that so hard for some people to get that?

Read the rest of the thread. This has been covered very well already.

And why kill the baby in the first place? It's a life, not just something to destroy. If you don't want to, or are unable to support and raise the baby, then put it up for adoption! Why is that so hard for some people to get that? There are plenty of couples who want to have babies, but can't for one reason or another, and they would love to raise someone's baby, especially if it would be killed otherwise.

I'd rather have my (hypothetical) wife's child killed if we were to put it up for adoption, because that way it wouldn't have to be in an adoption home thing. At least it never got to experience the horrible things it would have to have endured whilst in the adoption home, and bullies and all that crap that happens in life.

At least it never got to experience the horrible things it would have to have endured whilst in the adoption home, and bullies and all that crap that happens in life.

Good idea! And while we're at it, let's kill all children so they don't have to face bullies or all that crap that happens in life!

Back
Top Bottom