• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Abortion

I personally think no unless it's rape.

Wear the dang condom instead.

I hate the feel of latex. I'll stick to different methods of prevention, kay thanks.

Oh, and what about incest? Should that little time bomb be forced to be born into a world with unfair complications? If you know there will be problems, then it's usually better to stop the problem from happening in the first place. There will be a lot more suffering if the kid is born with genetic mutations, which is just terrible for the person living that life.

WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT CONTRACEPTION AAAAA

Yes it should be used but this is not what I'm concerned about. I'm more concerned about a child being born into an already overpopulated world to [a] parent(s) who is/are likely irresponsible as it is and will probably make a child's life a living hell!

Oh, or it could sit in a foster home for 18 years with no one to love it and then be thrown out into the world without any kind of practical resources at all.

Aww, we value life so much, don't we?

And that fixes everything? Condoms do not always work.
It significantly lowers the odds, does it not? Especially if both parties where them.

But okay, AK. If I can't use that as my defense, then I suppose I don't really have anything but at least try looking around for a good couple to adopt the baby (rather than a local orphanage) before considering aborting it. D:

I believe it was at least bother with the condom.

... You could've at least bothered reading the rest of my post, man.
And I'm not disputing the fact that contraception should be used, it just seems you're disputing their unreliability.

It significantly lowers the odds, does it not? Especially if both parties where them.

If the sex ed I got is to be believed, that doesn't work. I think you mean, "if both parties use contraception," but even then there's still the chance something'll go wrong.

But okay, AK. If I can't use that as my defense, then I suppose I don't really have anything but at least try looking around for a good couple to adopt the baby (rather than a local orphanage) before considering aborting it. D:

I've covered this three times now, Jesus Christ read the thread please.

I do believe that's part of a debate. Hate to disappoint you, but your post was not some all-knowing end-of-discussion to it that means I cannot provide my own opinion on the matter.

Indeed, it's part of a debate, and thusly I'd like you to take into consideration my points and try to justify why it's all right to possibly jeopardise a living human being, simply for the 'rights' of a clump of cells that isn't even aware of its own existence, nor alive for that matter.

I know my post isn't an "all-knowing end-of-discussion" point, but the reason I posted it was to show that the argument's been used three times and if you're going to drag it up for a third round, you'd better be ready to defend your point where the other two have failed, and so far you have not and have simply gone with "your point isn't definitive, thus I'm triumphant".

I only read the last few pages...

But I'm okay with abortion (if it has a good reason and isn't pointless)

What if the mother/parents were going to have to live in a dump because they had no money? Would you want your child to born into that if you already knew they weren't going to have a very good childhood? I really wouldn't. Or if doctors found something wrong with the child that was going to severely impair their life, to the point where it's a 'why live?' situation, i really would rather not have my child born for their own sake

And then there's the 'no life should be thrown away' thing

Vyraura said:
It is not 'conscious' life
it's not a life

it's a cluster of... cells i don't know but i wouldn't think of it as a life

I'm 100% pro-life. Abortion is MURDER, it doesn't matter what age the baby is. If you were raped, you can give the baby to adoption. The only time there should be an abortion is if the mother would die giving birth.

pro-lifers disgust me

you are pretty much all just in it to make yourselves feel better. "hey if we don't think too hard we can classify this as MURDER and then look really good when we hate it." you don't give half a damn about the life or well-being or feelings of the mother. at all. you just make up some moral atrocity so you can bitch about it from your ivory tower and have more people to snub your nose at.

then when you get pregnant, you go and get abortions anyway because when it happens to you it turns out your right to your own body becomes a little more important than some growth in your abdomen.

you also don't read threads before making your first posts about LOL IF I SAY "MURDER" THAT MAKES ME RIGHT

I would wish an unwanted pregnancy on you but it's not worth the chance that you'll keep it and unleash your braindead spawn upon the world

To beat Vlad, read the thread, deary.
The thread's too long, I don't have time to read it all. Can you just tell me what the important part is?

And I am truly pro-life, I'm a person who says what I truly believe in. It's not "your body, your choice" because it's really not your body. It's the baby's body inside of you.

The thread's too long, I don't have time to read it all. Can you just tell me what the important part is?

Wah, thread's too long!

Now I won't just because you pissed me off.

Edit: And way to avoid the major Eevee post.

No. Read it anyway. If you have time to post, you have time to make yourself not look like a moron.
It's the baby's body inside of you.
Clumps of cells count as bodies now?

Again, technically yes, regardless of the ethics involved. The clump of cells handles the fetus's life processes, ergo it is a body. All living things have bodies; some are simply more advanced.

EDIT: Oh, and read the thread; all you're doing is making your own side look bad. I'm pro-life, but I don't just state an opinion without even attempting to offer some support.

Back
Top Bottom