• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ash's Tan

He's been walking around in the sun, training pokemon every day of the year now for how many years?
It'd be more surprising if he didn't have a tan.

Basically what H-Land said. He's out in the sun quite a lot, and he goes to the beach every once and a while, so I'm not surprised that he got a little darker. He was rather tan when the anime started out, however. Since he wears jeans all the time, I would expect his legs to be less tan than the rest of his body, but I'm not too sure. Everytime he wears shorts or something, it seems to be tanned as well.

However, this is just what I think. The Pokemon Company may have done it for another reason, though. :U Most other characters you see wear skirts/shorts/capris and small shirts and they're rather pale. Take Dawn for example. Short skirt, small shirt; most of her body is exposed, however she's still pale. It's probably just something with female anime characters. *shrugs* I'm not the most knowledgeable on this matter.

It's probably just something with female anime characters. *shrugs* I'm not the most knowledgeable on this matter.

maybe it's so they don't look ganguro ಠ_ಠ

lol I kid I kid. But uhh. Yeah, it'd be really weird if he WASN'T tanned. Though you'd think he'd have sunburn to an extent, since I doubt he puts on sunscreen.

Mistys_fear_of_bugs.png

He was always yellow. It's not like he became darker than Brock.

Are you racist.

Haha, I notice that too! Pokemon is not the only series I've seen having a character get slightly more tan with time. I believe it's a choice in animation rather than him actually getting sun or anything. (But I think that could be valid in a sense he sure has gotten out a lot over the years...)

uESpO.jpg

I think it's more like a palette update. Pokemon's animation has gotten considerably better and you can see occasional tweaks in many places in most long running series. ^^ Comparing it to the other image with Ash and Misty, everything from the linework to the coloring has had their slight tweaks.

I think the colour is just more vivid so it is more noticable.
Just my opinion though. I always knew Ash had a tan or darker skin tone.
Technology and variety is always falling into place.

I think the colour is just more vivid so it is more noticable.
Just my opinion though. I always knew Ash had a tan or darker skin tone.
Technology and variety is always falling into place.

This, and the fact that he's been travelling across four and a half regions over the course of a year, so he should have a tan by now....

Back
Top Bottom