• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Each strike's chance of getting a critical hit is calculated independently. Any number of strikes may be critical hits.

'Mkay. I just thought that if they were conscious beings, if basic, then they would be able to fall asleep or, for that matter, be confused. Ah well.

Unless the pokémon has been commanded to attack the substitute, it will presumably try to hit the real pokémon and therefore pick a clone. If the clone is just a clone, the substitute won't do anything and the clone will just get wiped out by the attack. If the "clone" is the real thing, however, the substitute will move to intercept the attack because its creator is being threatened. The clones will disappear if the substitute is struck because it will be obvious that the image that the attacker chose was correct if the substitute got involved.

How many ckines are we talking about from Double Team? Are we going QfL style where two clones, or Animé with a crapload that surround you?

However many clones you tell the pokémon to create, up to a point. The faster the pokémon, the more it will be able to create at once.

Is it true that everytime you use Splash, you gain 9001 Poke as well?

Also, can Amnesia forget Chill or Amnesia?

If an enemy really gets KO'd for laughing so hard after the other used splash, how does gravity give it extra effect? (What's extra after making the other KO'd?)

...You guys it's called satire. This Splash issue is getting ridiculous. Think about it for a bit. l:

Okay so new question; Does the EXP Share affect Happiness evolving Pokémon too? I'd really like an Azumarill.. but that implies evolving a freakin' Azurill. Baby forms ruin EVERYTHING. *Murdereyes*

...You guys it's called satire. This Splash issue is getting ridiculous. Think about it for a bit. l:

Okay so new question; Does the EXP Share affect Happiness evolving Pokémon too? I'd really like an Azumarill.. but that implies evolving a freakin' Azurill. Baby forms ruin EVERYTHING. *Murdereyes*
EXP has nothing to do with happiness evolution, so EXP share likewise will have no effect on it.

So I'm assuming that HG/SS movepool changes are in effect? Or do we wait for an official announcement?
Yes, I forgot to make an official announcement. They can be used now.

No, nor can it snatch metronomed moves of the appropriate type, or any self-targeting move that is initiated by a different attack. This is because when the target starts to use metronome or sleep talk, there's no way of knowing what's going to come of it; the normally obvious relationship between the pokémon's preparation and what happens isn't there. Snatch will fail against these moves.

Mimic is an exception, kind of--the first time a pokémon uses mimic, whatever it's taking can't be snatched because, again, the attack is being generated by mimic. After that point, though, the attack actually replaces mimic in the pokémon's movepool and so is used as normal.

Incidentally, I'll probably be changing the rules on mimic soon so that the actual mimic step is a full action, and you can only use the attack you mimic on subsequent actions. There are a couple other move tweaks I want to make, too.

Will Sucker Punch work if the target intended to attack but couldn't? (e.g. full paralysis, confusion kicking in, attempted move is stopped by a restriction from the battle's rules or an effect from the arena)

Back
Top Bottom