• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

B2/W2 Progress Thread

Unfezant has good stats and a good ability, but a really bad movepool. Its physical STAB consists of Facade, Return, Fly, and Sky Attack. In terms of usable attacks, there are the physical STABs and U-turn, which is about it.
If you need a flying-type, there's Mandibuzz/Braviary for support/firepower respectively (Mandibuzz is probably the better one, but that's only if you have Black 2, and it's rare unless you want to go for the weak armor one that appears on thursdays on route four but weak armor is bad for mandibuzz so no?) I would say Swanna but you've got Samurott.

As for me, I haven't got it yet. Hypothetically, I'll have a Snivy and a Purrloin by the time of the first gym, because even though purrloin sucks it's cool and you can get it early ingame in b2w2.

Last edited:
Just beat Ghetsis in an epic battle TO THE DEATH!...Or faint, or whatever.

Team:

Jimmy the Magmortar
magmortar
Level 51
(Completely destroyed Ghetsis' Eelektross.)

Rick the Magnezone
magnezone
Level 51
(Made Kyurem an absolute joke.)

Honeydew the Sandslash
sandslash
Level 53
(Beat Ghetsis' Drapion and Toxicroak without breaking a sweat.)

Jake the Maractus
maractus
Level 51
(Tanked a Sludge Wave from Ghetsis' Seismitoad and one-shotted it with Petal Dance.)

Ludwig the Drapion
drapion
Level 51
(Laughed at Ghetsis' Cofagrigus' Shadow Balls and KOed it with Night Slash.)

Linda the Lapras
lapras
Level 51
(Shrugged off Rock Slides from Ghetsis' Hydreigon before wrecking it with Ice Beam)

Chillin' in the PC:

Elizabeth the Gothitelle
gothitelle
Level 51

Ghastelle the Drifblim
drifblim
Level 50

wow hey look i'm posting again wow amazing

I'm playing Black 2 right now and feel like showing off my team BECAUSE I CAN and I also finally have all the members I wanted. I have 7 badges right now because I'm a slacker/had lots of work.

Ani510MS.png
[Marmalade] Liepard (F) Lv44 <Unburden> Hone Claws/Return/Night Slash/Fake Out
Ani581MS.png
[Nanne] Swanna (F) Lv44 <Keen Eye> Air Slash/Roost/Fly/Surf
Ani335MS.png
[Flechette] Zangoose (F) Lv45 <Immunity> Strength/Shadow Claw/Revenge/False Swipe
Ani454MS.png
[Casey] Toxicroak (F) Lv48 <Anticipation> Poison Jab/Faint Attack/Return/Brick Break
Ani028MS.png
[Digdug] Sandslash (M) Lv46 <Sand Veil> Dig/Crush Claw/X-Scissor/Earthquake
Ani579MS.png
[Crooked] Reuniclus (M) Lv46 <Magic Guard> Signal beam/Hidden Power (Ground)/Psychic/Recover

now lets go fuck up team plasma

first one to figure out where all the names come from gets a prize

Okay so I'm at Victory Road and a bit underleveled so I'm stalling by exploring and trying to get as many items as possible ahahaha
Ditched my starter (Snivy) because I wanted to try some other Pokemon out.

sawsbuck Amy (F) Lv 53 (Serene Grace)
Double-Edge/Horn Leech/Jump Kick/Nature Power
-should really have a move that abuses Serene Grace

starmie Idris (X) Lv 55 (Natural Cure)
Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder/Psychic

scolipede Nymeria (F) Lv 54 (Poison Point)
X-Scissor/Poison Tail/Bulldoze/Rock Climb
-needs a better Poison move/moves in general wow

chandelure Ten (M) Lv 54 (Flash Fire)
Curse/Flamethrower/Hex/Psychic
-gonna replace Hex/Curse when possible

lucario Rory (M) Lv 53 (Inner Focus)
Strength/Aura Sphere/Psychic/Me First

zoroark Zoroark (M) Lv 53 (Illusion)
Flamethrower/Foul Play/U-Turn/Aerial Ace
-wow look at these moves

I'd replace Zoroark since his defense is kinda crappy (also so I could continue my terrible nicknaming theme ehehe) if I wasn't too lazy to train something like ten levels.

Just new-gamed White II. I'm now doing a Nuzlocke Challenge mode run through.

My team is :

Jackal - LV 18 Riolu
Polaris - LV 20 Magemite.

1 badge.

Yup, my poor starter already died:(

Beat the game with Newton (lucario), Hertz (flygon), Watt (braviary), Joule (jolteon), Candela (volcarona), and Pascal (samurott), All lv. 62-65.

Now on PWT, and attempting to make it to the Champions tournament. So far 5 world leaders wins and man are these hard. I'm about 5 and 15.

Currently racing my boyfriend. After we beat each gym we battle, and he keeps kicking my ass. :(

My team: (6 badges)

Numpty L38 Female Camerupt
Earth power
Curse
Take down
Rock slide

Ivy L40 Male Serperior
Tackle
Coil
Leaf blade
Leaf tornado

Kid L42 Male Electabuzz (when do I get his evo item?!)
Swift
Discharge
Shock wave
Low kick

Marvin L42 Male Beheeyem
Headbutt
Hidden power
Psychic
Simple beam

Batty L40 Female Crobat
Air cutter
X-scissor
Bite
Wing attack

Amy L40 male (was female at one point) Azumarill
Charm
Surf
Strength
Bounce

My boyfriend has a Samurott, Magnezone, Leavanny (fucking bitch Pokemon >:( ), Zorark Unfezant and Daramatan.

He's out right now...I really want to play...

Kid L42 Male Electabuzz (when do I get his evo item?!)

MAJOR The next time you get on the Plasma Frigate (the boat)

My boyfriend has a Samurott, Magnezone, Leavanny (fucking bitch Pokemon >:( ), Zorark Unfezant and Daramatan.

Excadrill will swept that entire team with Earthquake and Rock Slide.

He's out right now...I really want to play...

Grind on a few Audinos.

Also:

Badge 3
Team:Polaris - LV 28 Magnamite
Jackal - LV 28 Lucario
Cell - LV 24 Solosis (in training)
Flora - LV 27 Lilligant

Deaths - Oh boy. So far-

Hopper - LV 2 Sewaddle
Cause - Stupid hax

Blade - LV 14 Oshawott
Cause - DAMN YOU MAGNET YOU KILLED MY STARTER. Oh well, I guess Magnet can be suffering for guilt or something.

Monkey - LV 14 Darumaka
Cause - Hax on Burgh's Leavanny

Dusty - LV 22 Mincinno
Cause - Random hax while grinding.

Just got White 2 yesterday, and beat Cheren for my first badge earlier today.

Name: Em
Rival's name: Sorii (for some reason he reminds me of Soree from Fire Emblem Awakening. I think it's the hair.)

Badges: 1
Pokedex: 13
Time: 2:00

Team:

Embo/Tepig(m) lv. 12
Lia/Purrloin(f) lv. 12

Made it to the Champions Tournament.

Have yet to beat a single one. (Although I did manage to defeat Wallace with several thunderbolts. Wiped out by Blue immediately after.)

Name: Shane

Rival's Name: Rival

# of badges: 5

Team:

Ducklett
Grapes (F)
Level 29

Zoroark
Zoroark (M)
Level 32

Zangoose
Kathy (F)
Level 32

Sandslash
Kangaroo (F)
Level 30

Lucario
Eric (M)
Level 31

Herdier
Sunny (F)
Level 30

Looking for Emolga in rustling grass. Must beat Skyla.

Hee, I love Dragon's name-theme :D I called myself Doctor in my Black run and named all my Pokemon after companions (Sarah Jane the Sawsbuck and Ace the Archeops were awesome, ask anyone).

This time around, I have a Warehouse 13 theme (but there aren't many W13 characters, so my team have good names and all my boxed Pokemon have names like the NPC's Pokemon in Pokemon Stadium 2 - Puppy the Lillipup, Loony the Driftloon, Sandy the Sandile, etc).

My team is also horrendously unbalanced, but I like having a fun in-game team where I don't have to worry about EVs and nonsense like that. I've beaten the E4 and am hanging around in the postgame, occasionally beating my housemates :D

EMBOAR - Leena
Was slightly disappointed with Tepig/Pignite, but Leena's got some good moves now. Not my favourite starter, but I don't usually go for fire-types.

GOLDUCK - Myka
Pretty much carried me through the game, I love her <3 I'm gutted Golduck suck competitively, I love them now.

LUCARIO - Pete
Everyone in my house was raising a Riolu, and I wanted to, too. Mine's the best. Has an awful mix of special/physical stuff, but I don't mind.

ESPEON - Claudia
Didn't actually mean to end up with an Espeon, but she's great. Psychic is her only really good move, but it's all she needs (on a team with 3 fighting-types, Dark Pokemon aren't a problem).

VERIZION - HG
She's great but, my god, I wish she'd learn Leaf Blade already. She's going to be unstoppable when she does. Giga Drain is okay at the moment, but is a total waste of her Attack. I don't usually use legendaries, but nothing less than a legendary was worthy of the name HG Wells :D

CLEFABLE - Jane
As average as expected, I like to use her and her Miracle Guard or whatever that ability is to annoy my housemate who has ALL the entry hazards.

Have cleared the Black Tower as of a couple of days ago; now it's just a matter of running around and trying to capture ALL THE POKEMON.

I rarely if ever really care about competitive thinking when playing through main-game, so bah, unbalanced but I don't even caaare.

Team consists of:

SAMUROTT: Ark My third Samurott, after my one in my main Black game and in my nuzlocke of White. When I get and nuzlocke White 2 I'm probably gonna switch it up with a tepig, maybe? Who cares, I loves me some Samurott. Nice and balanced.
(the name comes from the fact that my player character is named Noah. So, Noah, Ark. Ar har har I'm freaking hilarious.)

ARCANINE: Sirius I love this guy. Extremespeed has saved my ass in more than one Black Tower fight, and I'm surprised how much use I've gotten out of him.

LUCARIO: Set So fun story; I was at the Flocessy Ranch, and was thinking that, as soon as Cheren ran off, I wanted to catch a Riolu before I called out the bomb squad. ... next pokemon was a riolu. Was a good day. He's been just as reliable a multi-task destroyer as every lucario I've ever had.

JOLTEON: Thor He who one-handedly destroyed Elesa's gym. He also ended up taking down Clay's Excadrill; I was giving a pep-talk to a bunch of pixels at 5 AM as he did. Yep, I'm a cool child. I've grown to appreciate Jolteon a lot more just by having him on-hand.

FLYGON: Vritra When in doubt in Black Tower or the E4, I tended to turn to this guy to take out unknown threats. My only problem with him was that he was a total weenie and a half until he evolved, but then he kicked all the ass so it's okay.

WEAVILE: Loki After I got Thor, I had to get Loki. It was a necessity. Though I was originally planning to just get him for the sake of it, and continue training Achilles, my Bisharp, he kind of came in and took over and now I love him.

A bit lacking in things that can actually take hits, I recognize, but as they're all in late 70s/early 80s now and not even vaguely meant to be competitive, it's kind of a moot point.

Back
Top Bottom