• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ban the pope from talking forever

Vladimir Putin's LJ

your blood flows through my veins
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/03/17/cameroon.pope/index.html

-- Pope Benedict XVI refused Wednesday to soften the Vatican's ban on condom use as he arrived in Africa for his first visit to the continent as pope.

Cameroonian President Paul Biya, left, walks with Pope Benedict XVI at the airport in Yaounde, Tuesday.

He landed in Cameroon, the first stop on a trip that will also take him to Angola.

Sub-Saharan Africa has been hit harder by AIDS and HIV than any other region of the world, according to the United Nations and World Health Organization. There has been fierce debate between those who advocate the use of condoms to help stop the spread of the epidemic and those who oppose it.

The pontiff reiterated the Vatican's policy on condom use as he flew from Rome to Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon, CNN Vatican analyst John Allen said.

Pope Benedict has always made it clear he intends to uphold the traditional Catholic teaching on artificial contraception -- a "clear moral prohibition" -- Allen said. But his remarks Tuesday were among the first times he stated the policy explicitly since he became pope nearly four years ago.

He has, however, assembled a panel of scientists and theologians to consider the narrow question of whether to allow condoms for married couples, one of whom has HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

The Catholic Church has long been on the front line of HIV care, he said, adding that it is probably the largest private provider of HIV care in the world.

More than 22 million people in sub-Saharan Africa are infected with HIV, according to a 2008 UNAIDS/WHO report. Nine out of 10 children with HIV in the world live in the region, which has 11.4 million orphans because of AIDS, the report said, and 1.5 million people there died of the disease in 2007.
RATZINGERRR. The Vatican won't stop until every single African is dead.
I'd comment further but this man fills me with incredible amounts of hatred.

He apparently also said condoms help spread HIV/AIDS and jesus christ fuck the catholic church

Last edited:
Ugh... disgusting.

Although I do find it kind of funny that someone who's lived a chaste life is giving others sex advice.

Last edited:
Pope won't let the Africans use condoms?
Not a problem at all.
Circumvent the Pope's ban on condoms by converting to Islam.
Praise be to Allah!

...Seriously, what the heck, Benedict. :<

Yeah, I kind of really hate this Pope. I mean I hate the papacy in general and on principle, you know? but he gives me concrete reasons.

Pope won't let the Africans use condoms?
Not a problem at all.
Circumvent the Pope's ban on condoms by converting to Islam.
Praise be to Allah!
That's pretty much like saving a man from being hanged and then shooting him in the head. :/

Y'know, for all I care, the Pope can go around saying what he likes. The problem is that people actually listen to him. D:

Ban the pope from talking? Yes.
Why was this not brought up sooner?

Pope's madness said:
The Catholic Church has long been on the front line of HIV care, he said, adding that it is probably the largest private provider of HIV care in the world.
If this is the case then I really am quite fearful for the future of non-AIDS sufferers in africa.

and i thought i despised the pope with every fiber of my being before i read this.
fuck this. you know, just because the pope opens his mouth and says utter bullshit doesn't give millions upon millions of people the right to do either of the following:
a) oppress groups of people
b) support the murder of groups of people

I mean, it was fucking bad enough when the pope was stupid enough to fucking support the murder of gay people. But saying that condoms help the spread of AIDS? That's fucking insanity and is against everything I stand for.

How can the pope NOT see that telling people in poverty- and HIV-stricken Africa that condoms are bad is a fucking stupid thing to do? X_X Birth control is probably the MOST HELPFUL thing that these poor people can receive.

Clearly the guy is an idiot. Why is it always the nice guys who get assassinated?

my only consolation is that he said intelligent design is shit, which is the only thing that gets those retards to shut up

this is like when he said that condoms came with aids inside them. For africa only.

... My first thought is "WTF"
Why do people listen to him? Wait, let me re phrase that, why do Africans have to listen to him? He's the POPE, he should not have the power to tell people what to do or not to do. He must either hate Africans, or he's an idiot, or both.
How much power does the pope even have? He's just some religious old fart >.>
And he wants to kill gay people? Double WTF. They should fire this guy.

when does the catholic church ever get human rights on their ass

someone needs to fucking sue these fuckers

when does the catholic church ever get human rights on their ass

someone needs to fucking sue these fuckers

how?

How can the pope NOT see that telling people in poverty- and HIV-stricken Africa that condoms are bad is a fucking stupid thing to do? X_X Birth control is probably the MOST HELPFUL thing that these poor people can receive.

Faith is the willingness to put a blindfold on your face and walk around.

Clearly the guy is an idiot. Why is it always the nice guys who get assassinated?

Nice guys finish last!

pope-benedict-palpatine.jpg

Yeah

Just noticed I have like a ton of pope pictures for some reason so I'll post them here.

pope1.jpg

popeassassins.jpg

popepray.jpg

Also these just so we can look at this fine man some more. Love Gergor's INTENSE expression here. I'm not even sure what he's doing.
popehat.jpg

Aftermath:
popehatnooo.jpg

wow! these John Paul comics are awesome. where do you get these? please link!

edit: wait I just noticed the katebeaton.com in the bottom corner, never mind!

Back
Top Bottom