• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to god that blond guy looks like Klavier Gavin.

Oh, good, I'm not the only one who thought that.

Nope! I like Sinnoh best.

Maybe. You're probably in the minority, though (as far as preferring Sinnoh for a revisit). If HGSS was largely fanservice, then any revisit region is going to follow what most people want--and that's someplace we haven't been in a while, not someplace we just left. (hay let's go to orre)

Hmm, new pokermans. One of them looks really giratinaesque. Lovin' the drill mole, though, even if it is just long-awaited fanservice that every fakemon maker ever already has twenty of in some way, shape or form.

Will probably speculate more on the others later.

Oh, triple battles. Looks like my little unvoiced hunch was correct. This is going to be interesting (hopefully there is never a six versus six introduced later).

Ooh, black thing, armor lizard, and grass thing all look cool. And is that a sarcophagus Pokemon? Awesome.

I don't really think triple battles are that necessary (double battles are annoying enough) but eh, we'll see.

so, amongst the new ones, there's a ghost-type Sarcophagus Pokémon.

Am I the only one who looked upon it and thought "Will be added to future team this very instant?"

We're getting to the point where all the new Pokemon are more forgettable for me... they do look a bit bland, but I'm sure I'll remember them.

lol, I wonder what 'shooter' does?

"No, Youngster Joey, I don't want to have a battle with your fucking Rattata." *FPS-mode* *bang*

DARKER AND EDGIER

The images aren't really that clear enough for me to have a real opinion on the new Pokemon yet, so I'll wait until I see the artwork and determine whether or not I like them. I didn't think that triple battles would actually happen (although I did have a dream about them once), but eh, I'm not really excited nor bothered by the decision one way or another. I'll just have to wait and see how they play out.

The trailer though? REALLY awesome. My God, the games look amazing.

Aw, 3 on 3? Crap, I hope there's an option for this because I don't think I could coordinate 3 Pokemon at once.

Ew I don't really like any of the new Pokemon. Just... they look like some bad spriter's Fakemon to me. I'm sure I'll get used to them.

Why is nobody excited about

Pokébeach said:
"White High-Link" is some sort of link to the Internet where you can change your Trainer's avatar. Before the scene in the video is shown, there is a gathering of other Trainers, so it may have to do with online or wireless multiplaying.

):? Think we'll finally get to dress up our trainers or something and not just change which trainers we look like in the Wifi club room?

Also the moles are cute. The green ghosty critter is too. Do want.

Also on Pokebeach they said that the tarantula's name came from "electric" "tarantula". This could mean a new Bug/Electric type combo.

Small bit of info, but hey, I thought it was cool. :)

My faves, in order:
1. Ononokusu (greenish dragon guy)
2. Doryuzu (large mole)
3. Desukan (sarcophagus)
4. Moguryu (small mole)
5. Nameless Greenish Blob

I am a little disappointed by the new Pokemon (despite the long list of favorites), but I <3 the sarcophagus guy. Can't wait to have him on my team.

3 v 3 battles? Is that a really necessary addition? These battles are going to be very confusing.

Still, I can't wait to play this game. The graphics are looking better with every new trailer.

3 on 3 battles... Well, I was just getting the hang of doubles XD ..I'll have to try it out before I say anything.

Also, I can't say I'm crazy about those Pokes that just got revealed. I like that insect-dinosaur creature, but...I dunno about those others. They just look sort of running-out-of-ideas-ish to me.

:(

Think about it guys. RSE was the first gen to introduce true double battles, and they also introduced the 'counterpart' pokemon, Plusle/Minun, Volbeat/Illumise, Lunatone/Solrock, and others I'm probably forgetting to mention, made for double battles. (kinda) Now they have 3 on 3 battles! What are they going to do for them?

Think about it guys. RSE was the first gen to introduce true double battles, and they also introduced the 'counterpart' pokemon, Plusle/Minun, Volbeat/Illumise, Lunatone/Solrock, and others I'm probably forgetting to mention, made for double battles. (kinda) Now they have 3 on 3 battles! What are they going to do for them?
MULTIPLYSLE AND DIVIDUN! :D

Uxie+Mesprit+Azelf, Charizard+Venusaur+Blastoise, the regis, the birds, the beasts? They have plenty of trios around.

But that's just a group that happens to consist of three members for storyline purposes; that doesn't automatically guarantee that they have any sort of synergy in triple battles, where plusle and minun's abilities and moves show that they were specifically designed for doubles.

Additionally, pretty sure that "counterparts" have been around since Gen I and that solrock and lunatone don't have any more special doubles synergy than electabuzz and magmar. (In fact, "counter" would imply opposition, not any inherent gift for cooperation.) Plusle and minun were the only pokémon created for the express purpose of showcasing doubles.

Point... I don't see why Nintendo made a trio, then dumped one of them after Gen II. Think about it, Magmar and Electabuzz both got a Gen II Prevo and a Gen IV Evo, wheras Jynx got a Gen II Prevo, but no Evo...but that's completely unrelated, so...

Meh, oh well. The veterans are gunna love it, being able to battle with their best mons all at the same time....I'm gunna love it, at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom