• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZOMG DIVE'S BACK!!!!
...now that that's out of the way, the Pure flying (you read right) seems interesting. And pointless.

The Gym leader typings remind me of Johto. DIVE's BACK as a TM. can't wait to see the new underwater regions. hello, hoenn concepts. good to see you again. One of the gym leaders look slightly like Cynthia.

OF COURSE! Isshu's TOTALLY NEW! They just ripped off Sinnoh and Johto.

Then again, I'm always a little skeptical at first.

...I can't even process all the awesome flying at me at once. I was one of those super-skeptical they're gonna ruin it what the fuck five gens peoples but holy. crap.

Flying Lamprey. Laser Mech. SO MANY BUGS. <3

Oh. And Samurwotter. I've changed my mind, the water line is the best line ever. EVER. Like, Wotter and Treecko are sitting on the throne of best starter together, sipping tea and using chimchars as footrests and turtwigs as end tables.

I retract my earlier statement about megawotter. I hope he will forgive me.
Oh. And Samurwotter. I've changed my mind, the water line is the best line ever. EVER. Like, Wotter and Treecko are sitting on the throne of best starter together, sipping tea and using chimchars as footrests and turtwigs as end tables.

yess

YES YES YES YES YES.

OH, YES.

OH MY GOD YES.

YES DO WANT YES.

YES THIS IS THE BEST GEN. EVER YES

BEST POKéMON EVER YES

THE FIFTH GEN IS YES.

And if you're wondering, yes: I do love the 5 Gen. with all my heart. The evolution of pie-faced puppy is amazing - he's a yorkshire terrier, and my grandmother's Yorkie was put to sleep, so in honor of him, I'll catch Haderia and name him Barkly! The ice cream one is utterly sweet, Zeburaika is my new favorite Electric Pokémon and I have the perfect nickname for him (bonus points if you guess the nickname), Doreida is beautiful, and goodness.

FIFTH GENERATION I LOVE YOU.

EDIT: How could I forget.

DIVE! <333333333333

Last edited:
Ganonpig - "Smokey"
Yanakki - "Broccoli"
Burunkeru - "Blobblob"
Wargle - "Valiant"
Emonga - "Geronimo"
Warubiaru - "Chomp"

This shall be my team of awesomesauce.

Wait wait wait, did someone say Dive is back

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHH

.....in eight hours ALL OF THIS APPEARS?????

...I'm torn...BETWEEN EVERYTHING. Electric zebra evolution is awesome, with all the stripes and fur and eyes. The crocodile evolution...red and with glasses? Or is that just the eyes? Kibago evolves into the mantis thing? YES. The bird Pokémon for this gen is pretty good too...Black and White are just so good that even the weird caterpillar evo isn't half bad. Of course, this might be part of the effect of having everything revealed at once, but IT'S STILL AMAZING.

Man, am I psyched about how happy everyone is on here. Nothing gets to me like whining about new generations. I mean, I'm probably the least impressed by the new Pokémon of anyone who's posted here so far, and I love it.

By "the least impressed" I mean right now I dislike most of them with a select few (not that few, just a relatively low proportion) that I like or love (BACHURA IS THE CUTEST FLUFFIEST THING IN THE WORLD), but that is also precisely how I felt about the second, third and fourth generations when I saw them for the first time, so I have no delusions that I'm going to continue to feel this way. Meanwhile I'm going to be basking in the glow of everyone who is genuinely happy already, because I love you all.

I also love how happy everyone is here. The LJ comm is nothing but RUINED FOREVER bawwwing right now. :|

Serebii just tweeted saying the E4 details are coming in; there's a dark E4 member as I hoped there'd be to make up for no gym. His hair is ridiculous but he has a sexy scarf thing. And there's a Ghost one too? It's like Hoenn's E4. :v

Also WHY HAS THE ROM NOT LEAKED I WANT THIS SO HARD.

So the E4 is apparently playing off the ghost/psychic/fighting/dark thing, then. Hm.

Also. Is it just me, or do all of the E4 members look like someone kidnapped them from Ace Attorney games? The ghost lady specifically looks like Shih-na with dark hair, but the style of the others in general... yeah. This is a good thing, though! Kratos approves.

I don't really care for how comparatively low the levels are (in my book if the last gym leader's pokémon isn't level 50-ish and the elites' aren't pushing 60-70 then region = full of pansies, shh I don't care whether or not the game is balanced so that they're still challenging I like big numbers), though. Actually... they all have only four pokémon, and all at the same levels: 48/48/48/50. This... hm! I smell a change in the E4 format!

So...apparently Belle is the champion.

...I seriously didn't see that coming. I was expecting Cheren or someone else.

Plus, this is the first time since Gen. I that your rival is champion. Thats pretty cool.

Oh, hey, champion's levels are a huge jump up. Like, supermassive. This I like, though that means that after having a relatively easy time with the first four you're in for a shitstorm. Hm!

why do they all only have four pokémon, though D:

I'm really excited about the game but one thing that bothers me is that there are a lot of 'counterpart' or alternate form Pokemon.

I'm pretty dissapointed with the legendaries...they look dumb.and the last one looks like the XYZ cannon thing from yu-gi-oh

... I don't know where to begin. (don't worry, this is good.)

First, a crap ton of Ghost-type Pokemon in this region, which Jellyfishmon and Chandeliermon are awesome to be specific. Ghost-types were due for a big addition in my opinion anyway, so.

Also a bunch of steel and fighting-types. This is interesting because Ghost and fighting all have limited pokemon with shallow moovepools (in fighting's case anyway) I can't wait to see where that goes.

I also love Dasutodasu because, well it's a large pile of garbage. And Shibirudon because it is a pure electric-type with the levitate ability NO WEAKNESSES FTW!

Oh yes, and Barujina = New Honchkrow? that should prove to be interesting.

All else I can find is that the flying trio is a little too copy/Paste for me. Not saying they're bad, but they do look like they are essentially the same thing (yes, the lake trio also comes to mind)

Is Kerudio a Kirin? that's weird.

I'm also lovin' all the new type combos (electric/ground? YES.)

I have mixed feelings about the designs here o_o
I look at some and think "THIS IS SO COOL MAN I'M GETTIN ONE" and then I look at some and think "...WTF IS THIS THING"

Buuuut, I'm sure I'll get over it soon, I did the same thing in gens 3 and 4. They always grow on me ^^ If I was going to pick out a team to use in-game right now, it'd be like this:

Daikenki
Zebraika
Wargle
Kuitaran (ANTEATER!!)
Mebukijika
Kojondo

That's before knowing when or where the Pokemon are available. But yeah, I can't wait to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom