• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update #8
-I've noticed that there are a lot of vending machines dotted around Isshu, in not only towns but in some routes too. You can get Fresh Water, Lemonade, and Soda Pop from them.

-There are a fair few trainers in the Department Store.

-The store is a lot smaller than past games. There are only three floors connected by stairs, no elevator.

-Wild Tabunne give away a lot of Exp. With my Lucky egg on my level 43 Bambimon evo, I got 2800+ exp from one that was level 33.

-Some guy is blocking a cave on Route 9.

-There is another triple battle in Soryuu with 3 completely unrelated Pokemon.

-Remember in RBY when you had to get confirmation from the guards about your badges, only the guards were spread out? Well that's what happens in this game, and it looks pretty awesome. After you get each badge confirmation, the door opens and you enter a short little area based on the badge they just confirmed. For example, after they confirm that you got the Ice Gym's badge, you enter an icy are

-Of course, I still need the 8th Badge. :P

-Pokemon on Route 10 are around Lv 36-42ish.

-Wargle pre-evo is found on Route 10, and I'm sure that in Black the Vulture pre-evo is found here.

-A random guy on Route 10 gives you a Dusk Stone. NOW I CAN HAVE MY CHANDELIER!!!

-Chandelier is BEASTLY. Lv. 45 and its Sp. Atk is 149, its defenses are between 90-100, and its speed isn't that bad. Loving it, loving it!

-Some asshole won't let me go to Route 11 yet. :( TO THE GYM!

-I'm kind of scared by this gym. I have no Ice or Dragon type moves. I have to rely on my Pokemon's pure power I suppose. i'm so screwed

-The trainers only seem to use Kibago's evo and the base stage Pseudo-Legend.

-The gym puzzle tries to be difficult but utterly fails. Keep going straight and you'll solve it without even trying.

-8TH BADGE GET.

-Rival Cheren wants to battle! Again! Right before the entrance to the entrance to Victory Road.

-The outside of Victory Road looks insanely epic.

-You can find the Pseudo Legend, Ant, and Anteater Pokemon in here. Yaaay!

-There are trainers in this Victory Road. I wasn't certain if there were, but there are.

-You have to slide down parts of the mountain.

-I don't think any HM's are required to pass through Victory Road. Come to think of it, so far in the game I don't think I've actually been forced to use an HM. Granted, there are some optional spots in Victory Road that you can only get to via Surf and Strength, but I have those anyways. :)

-The symbol for being badly poisoned looks slightly different from the symbol for being poisoned regularly.

-Have I mentioned how much I hate Churine and its evolution? Because I do. A lot.

-YAY NPC THAT HEALS YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF A DUNGEON! :D

-Wild Volt is found in Victory Road.

-The Pokemon League music sounds very intense, scary, and epic. As always, there is a Pokemon center and a Pokemart available.

I'm going to break for a while since I've got some school stuff to do, but here is my team as we go off to face the Elite Four! And N! And Zekrom! And Geechisu!

503.png

Wottr
Pretty cool, I must say. I can't say if he's my favorite starter or not because, well, I haven't tried Smugleaf or Pokabu yet. Great attacking stats and pretty nice HP. Overall a solid choice for a starter

523.png

Zeeba
While very lacking in the defensive department and HP department, he hits fast and hard. Training him was a chore at times most of the time, but hopefully it'll all pay off.

560.png

Jedi
<3 I love this one. Great defenses and great attack make it an excellent Pokemon, not much else to say there.

567.png

Rapto
Hits faster and harder than Zeeba, and that just makes him phenominal.

586.png

Bambi
I suppose in comparison to the other Pokemon on my team, Bambi falls short (except to Zeeba). However, he is very fun to use for some reason (probably the unique typing).

609.png

Scent
145 BASE SPECIAL ATTACK WOOHOO! Plus its typing is unique and it has Shadow Ball (which is possibly my favorite move) and its part fire (which is my favorite type). This Pokemon is just lovely and amazing and even though it was impossible to train at first, it has really paid off.

OFF TO THE ELITE FOUR LATER BYE BYE.

If this is too off topic but, why is Black and White still in 'Upcoming Games'? Is the forum waiting till the games come out in America. Because if they are I can totally see the logic, but otherwise can anyone shed some light on this?

Update #9

-All stocked up and ready to take on the Elite Four. To be rather honest, I'm more worried about the upcoming battles with N and Geechisu than the E4.

-Ghost type E4 first. She killed half my Pokemon, but otherwise it was VERY easy.

-Dark type E4 second. Fighting types rock here.

-Psychic type E4 next. Jedi was the main fighter here. Again. Zeeba also got a chance to shine when fighting that weird flying thingy.

-Fighting type E4 last. Scent and Rapto FTW! Also, its the second black Pokemon character! IN ONE GAME! :D

-The music in the last area is especially good.

-There is a room you enter almost immediately where you can heal your Pokemon.

-Soon after is a room with a PC where you can switch your Pokemon.

-You are required to capture Reshiram/Zekrom

-Apparently, Reshiram and Zekrom have capture rates of 45, which means that you don't need to use that Master Ball. I caught Zekrom paralyzed and in critical health with my first Ultra Ball.

-Immediately after catching Reshiram/Zekrom, you have the option of switching them with a Pokemon currently in your party. I switched out Zeeba so I wouldn't have 2 electric types.

-ahahaha N has a Zororoak and it transformed into Gigigear and I used High Jump Kick and still killed it.

-The showdown with N is monstrously epic.

-The showdown with Geechisu is also epic. You are healed in between battles.

-Geechisu cheats. He has the pseudo legend's final form at level 54 and it kills. It killed me, of course. Somehow, it has a way to counter everything. I put up all of my Pokemon and he had a move to kill all. of. them. goddammit. Surf, Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, and Focus Blast. After about 15 minutes of reviving multiple Pokemon that he killed, I finally got him.

-It was difficult, but I did it. Be careful of this guy when you play the game.

-GUYS. I WON THE GAME.

I would do some post game stuff, but I want something to be fresh and exciting for the english release, so I won't do anything post game.

EDIT: To erase a previous game file, it is the same button combo as the previous games. Select+Down+B

Just got on a 4chan accessible comp.

And I get a 404. Twice.

I think they took 'em down.
Pffft. I'm pretty sure that's because threads there get deleted after like, a day. Hence why one of the comments said "I requested it in the last thread before it died, but...". Also why you only ever see screencaps of threads there.
4chan wouldn't give a fuck about it, I'm damn sure.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Pffft. I'm pretty sure that's because threads there get deleted after like, a day. Hence why one of the comments said "I requested it in the last thread before it died, but...". Also why you only ever see screencaps of threads there.
4chan wouldn't give a fuck about it, I'm damn sure.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Oh~

Hey Blaziking, be sure to pick up one of those Pokemon with the unown on it's head. It looks like a Giratina-Claydol mix. Those are pretty badass.

I'd just like everyone to know that Erufuun is the best Pokémon in this generation and any other opinion is 100% wrong.

LOOKIT HIIIM

Whenever I read his name, I always think either

a) Elvaan
b) Elephant

Regardless, since you love Erufuun so much (and I think Churine/Doredia are -adorable-), look what I found:
parmis_la_saulaie_by_blizzou-d2yv876.png

Speaking of cuteness, I just evolved my Zuruzukin (nicknamed Serge)
he is the most amazing thing ever yes C:
I already have a teamful of pokemon in my Black (4/6 are weak to flying D:) and I've defeated four gyms so far.
Everything looks and sounds amazing, I don't really find anything to complain about. :U

This is most definitely the best generation. B]

Wow, thanks for the game-play and progress updates, everyone who's been playing so far! It looks GREAT! I don't want to spoil myself so I will be waiting for the American release, but I must say I am ridiculously excited. There are a couple of Pokemon who I really thought could use a re-design, but I think there's always some like that, and it looks like B&W will be just as good as rumored, and more. All the Pokemon fans at my campus are planning a big midnight release party at the mall - I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom