• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blaziken or Infernape?

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Right, the starter question.

I choose Blaziken. While Infernape has better defensives and Speed, the difference in offensives and HP is massive. Plus it learns Brave Bird which gives it more type coverage.

Plus a chicken is much more original than a monkey.

I'll go for Blaziken. Infernape has always seemed... I can't really find the word. I've never really liked the design too much, and although it has wiped out my team once, I just seem to dislike it.

Plus, Blaziken wears flared jeans and a waistcoat. :D

Not a huge fan of Fire-types overall, but between these two I'd have to go with Blaziken. I generally like the "strong but slow" types of Pokémon better than the "speed speed speed"-ish ones, and plus, it's a GIANT CHICKEN.

Plus, Fire+Chicken=Fried Chicken... which lends itself to funny nicknames. Mine from the last time I played through Ruby was named "Sanders." Something like "SpicyChikn" or "KFC" or even "BufaloWing" would also work.

Blaziken. It is not that I hate Infernape's design or the pokemon itself, I just like the flamin' chicken better. Infernape just doesn't appeal to me, I guess.

infernape
grass knot has better type coverage than brave bird
i'm pretty sure that earthquake from infernape could beat a blaziken too, but i'm not 100% sure of that
also i never liked blaziken to begin with (combusken ftw)

Blaziken is better, and I feel like Ninty only made Infernape because they realised that Blaziken was popular.

Besides, it looks better.

hmm, well Infernape has a wider movepool and better stats, but Blaziken looks the part and is overall cooler

I'm afraid I'll have to go with everyones favourite flaming chicken, Blaziken

Back
Top Bottom