• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

((Can I be a paladin, I kind of forgot that in my form, But I want some rudimentary magic, Is that OK?))

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

(Yeah, that's fine. I think I have the authority to say that.)

((Mmk.))

"Vigoratus!" King Phillip yelled, facing his hand toward HRA. The spell was one of the first he learned, and it was a healing spell. A burst of magig surrounded Arylett, healing her of all wounds((Is that character control?)).

Lucas fashioned one of his trademark 'shakes. "Here, Arylett, drink this! It'll help your stress and calm your mind."

"FIGHT DAMMIT! THIS IS NO TIME FOR DAIRY DRINKS!" KP yelled at Lucas, and then slid him the dagger.

((Isn't the Horrid Thing leaving?))
"I have a weapon of my own." He motioned to the hand-and-a-half sword on his hip.
"And I'll have you know that my milkshakes are no mere 'dairy drinks.' Each mix has its own enchantments to do certain things, even kill or save lives."

"Just fight!" KP yelled at Lucas, swinging his sword at the beast.

(Yeah, it is character control. So umm... I didn't exactly want all of Arylett's wounds to be healed so easily. It seems to convenient too. And also, you said he would have RUDIMENTARY magic. It would take a person with more powerful magic to heal me... like... someone trained in the Healing Arts. A professional. So I'm going to say that HRA was not healed by Philly's spell, but that it made her feel a bit better.)

She could feel a small light cool feeling on her bones... as if someone was sprinkling a brisk refreshing water upon them.

But the feeling only lasted a few minutes. King Phillip's spell didn't seem to have much effect. The pain was still immense, even if it had been quelled slightly.

The Queen slowly took Lucas' milkshake, her hands shaking vehemently. There was a strange pain... a strange pain from her back to her arms which seemed to have been engulfing her. Even holding the flask caused that bizarre pang. But she managed to ignore it and began to drink the milkshake.

Aaaah... there it was again. That refreshing chocolatey tang, going down her throat... it was so relaxing. Slowly, Arylett could feel her mind being blissfully cleared of all thoughts.

And for a few brief moments as she drank the milkshake, she felt genuinely peaceful.

Then she finished it.

And though her nerves felt soothed, the sharp pangs bizarre pangs continued to radiate through her body.

...Oh yes, it was broken all right.

"Glacies!" he yelled, and it froze his sword with a magical ice. He swung at the beast with his most mighty blow, and the magic increased the power, and had the power to freeze the enemy.

PES was there fighting. Lavender had tried to kick the shadow however the kick just went right through, Princess Eve with her bow and arrows shot some to the shadow however the same result came to be. She knew no Black magic, only White. The only spell that did damage was Holy...

'Holy!' Eve chanted before letting out a beam of white, bright light.

Then Eve saw Queen Arylett on the ground she immediately chanted...

'Curaja!' Eve chanted. I bright light surrounded Queen Arylett, Eve prayed that the spell had worked that it had done what it should have, heal her to normal. But nothing happened and the light faded.

'Full Life!' Eve chanted this time, hoping Queen Arylett wasn't dead, just fainted. I similar light surrounded Queen Arylett again but this time much brighter if possible. Nothing happened again.

Princess Eve didn't know what to do, never before had her healing spells not worked, her white magic was most powerful out of the whole vast land of Windia and at least in the top 3 of Arylettopia. She had got her White Magic skills from her mother who had before dieing given Eve her power. She was OK with bows and arrows as Windia's main weapon were Bows and Arrows meaning she as Princess HAD to be good otherwise they would replace her with some other more talented person.

'Queen Arylett...are you all right...' Eve said just in case if she hadn't fainted.

((Phillip, the thing just disappeared. What exactly are you swinging your sword at?))

The red tinge that filled the room suddenly began to compress, began to become more... solid. It swirled around towards the centre of the room and started to take a definite form, a creature with a horned head, long, waving arms and small feet. Golden patterns appeared all over its body, and two eyes, two deep, pure black eyes, flicked open. Two tentacles grew from the bottom of where its spine would be, and at the end of each there appeared a terrible, piercing eyeball, surrounded in a flurry of harsh rainbow colours.

The Thing laughed, harder and more evilly than ever. He looked at king Phillip, who had been deliriously swinging his sword through the air towards nothing, and spoke.

"Thank you for lifting my cloak," came the hiss. He then turned to Arylett.

"I shall take you now."

A beam of intense silver energy shot from each Anti-Arylett-Eye at the Queen, who herself was temporarily transformed into energy and sucked into the Eyes. The Thing took one last look around the room, and without a sound, without any flashy, awe-inspiring display of lights and smoke, he simply disappeared.

A few moments later, the Thing and Arylett were re-materialised in the Horrid Lair, lit dimly by a few large, glowing crystals but otherwise completely pitch-black.

"Ummm... HRA?" the Ghostly Prince said. "Are you alright?"

'Queen Arylett, where have you gone?' Princess Eve asked but she just of well had been talking to herself.

'HRA I will get my revenge on that THING' Princess Eve said, speaking her strange thoughts out.

'I know!' Princess Eve said suddenly. 'I can burn of my anger by going to the Grr thread chanber of this wonderful castle!'

Princess Eve walked off down many stairs and ranted in the GRR thread room for many hours before coming back to the throne room. HRA STILL wasn't back.

Princess Eve decided to try a Teleport spell but she was out of energy or Magic Points. She sighed and sat down.

"So, who are you, I do not believe I have seen you before." ChaosTres asked the man he led into the castle.

----------------

"Come on! You're so slow!" a female voice yelled into darkness. "I'm sorry, but my leg is caught in this thorn bush!" a male voice called back in response. "If I had never married you..." the female sighed."Just come on! I'm out of the bush now. Let's just continue and go to your boss." They crawled through the darkness together.

"I am Prince Timcyduch of Pheboraedd, and I come seeking knowledge of your nation's mythological history. We believe it may be tied to our own, but we need to be able to confirm this, ideally as soon as possible."
Timcyduch dismounted, and his men followed suit.
"Where do you want us to put our mounts, your majesty."

------------------------------

Raeneudd, having had no response from the castle, turned and rode away. She decided to move clear of the city before she opened the gate to go home, so as not to cause alarm.

"Oh, I see...well come with me and I'll tell youas much as I can, and the servants shall take your mounts to the stables." ChaosTres said and lead Prince Timcyduch to the Secret Room. "Where I am taking you no one will be able to hear our conversation." he explaned as he guided him through the portal.

Kinova only had time for a quick glance around the crimson-tinged room before she felt the hairs on the back of her neck standing on end - something still wasn't right - and she looked over towards the centre of the hall, horrified, as the red glow seemed to twist and solidify into a definitive shape. Her mouth fell open as she stared at a creature like none she had ever seen before. Then, before anyone had a chance to do anything, the monstrous creature had reduced the Queen to a flicker of light and vanished.

There was a moment of stunned silence from all in the room before Princess Eve's cry. Slowly, murmurs and groans began from all around the room - some for the sudden loss of the Queen, other for injuries caused by the monster. The courtier who had sniffed at Kinova's doodle earlier was nursing what looked like a broken arm; normally Kinova would have thought something about his deserving such an affliction, but her mind was otherwise occupied.

"Where... wh..." her eyes fell on Castycal, his face standing out against the others of the room - there was something about his expression that didn't bear the total shock that all others did. "Castycal..." she said, shaking slightly from the battering and the shock. "What... do you know.. what that thing was?"

As Timcyduch passed through the portal, he felt the Gatekey around his neck burn for a moment. He had gone out of range of the Gate.

Cas stared at the ground solemnly. "That," he said quietly, "Was my old apprentice. Now he is but a demon, part human, part evil energy. And that evil energy is but a fraction of the darkness that resides within our Queen's heart."

He grimly looked around at everyone. "There is nothing we can do. I'm sorry, but we have no way of telling where the Thing's lair is. If I know him, he won't kill her or do anything much yet. As you saw, he likes to play with his victims before he destroys them..."

The old man sighed. Then a thought struck him - there was a way. One single way... unless the darkness had consumed Thingy to such an extent that...

He voiced his thoughts. "Actually, now I think about it, there is something we can try..."

And without another word, he swept out of the room, his rainbow cloak billowing behind him.

Back
Top Bottom