• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

Kinova gave her Bird a small kick in the side in the hope of making her speed up, but all she got out of it was an unpleasant lurch as the Bird responded, irritated. Finally they drew level with Cas.

"Hey!" Kinova yelled over the sound of the rushing wind, hoping he could hear. "How do we know where to stop? How much further? If that thing -" Her Bird lurched again, adverse to the shouting, and cut her off. Kinova began scanning the horizon ahead in the hope of spotting something, anything that would help them find Arylett...

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

Raeneudd and Malbarad arrived on a hillside just as a dark shape emerged from the ground around twenty metres away. They rushed towards the shape.

And with a light thump, Arylett's body was tossed onto the ground, where it lay rather still.

The Queen had laid there, only the slight rising of her chest as she drew in breath and the twitchlike flailing movements of the massive of curls and darkness upon her head.

...Without Arylett being conscious, the curls could no longer maintain their energy. The darkness slowly left them as it was reabsorbed into her body. They twitched more, however, refusing to give up. The flailing curls began to wreak more destruction on the surrounding area, before they went still once more and shrunk to their original size.

And then the Queen was still again.

Raeneudd and Malbarad were forced back by flailing tentacles of ... hair? They slowly settled down to reveal a young woman, unconscious on the ground.
"Goodness!" cried Malbarad, "That's the queen of Arlyettopia!"
They rushed forward, Raeneudd dropping to her knees beside the Queen, and beginning a series of healing spells, attempting to deal with the damage done. Malbarad fitted an arrow to his bow, ready to defend them if anything came.
"What have you done, child, to get this beaten up?" Raeneudd asked, more to herself than Arlyett.

The signal drew ever closer. Closer. Closer. So close. They were there. He could see the cave on the horizon. "Just a little faster" he said to himself. Before he knew it he was there. He landed right in front of the cave and waited for the others, his sword drawn, and he quickly charged his ring, using a little power from the shard, which is what the ring used for power.

Princess Eve landed right after. She took out her Killer bow and some Holy Arrows that would harm darkness. She healed up her and Lavender's Magic Points and got Lavender into fighting mode. Lavender's necklace was vibrating hard as they were so close.

"Are you ready, Princess?" King Phillip inquired. He had his sword in one hand, and his ring on the other, so he was completely armed.

"OK" KP said. He then walked into the cave with his sword ready. He snuck up on a room where he saw the Horrid Thing. He waited for PES.

Princess Eve Skittia followed Phillip into the room 'OMG, it's the Horrid Thing!' she screamed realising her mistake too late. Eve covered her mouth in horror as she saw the horrid thing moving...

KP Used an invisibility spell on them both, attempting to hide from the Horrid Thing.

The spell seemed to work great. 'Thanks KP, I really thought we were goners' Eve said gratefully. 'I'll use a deafening spell just in case' Eve said.

((Wait, wait, wait, wait WAIT. Why are you going in the cave? The Thing just threw Arylett out, and Raeneudd and Malbarad have just found her. Also, ES, that was sort of character control saying that the Thing moved. Anyway, the cave is very, very deep and it'd take a bit of a journey to find wherever the Thing was.))

((OK, let's back up to the beginning when we were at the beginning of the cave))
KP saw HRA lying on the ground, surrounded by 2 people. "My queen! Are you OK? Vigoratus!" he attempted to heal her again.

Still scanning the horizon, Kinova suddening spotted something ahead. Something, little more than a speck against the sky, had come blasting out of the ground as if attached to some bird overhead. But the speck wasn't, of course, and fell back to Earth - glancing at Cas, Kinova hurried the Bird on yet again to see what had fallen. It wasn't until she had closed in and watched some horses and pair of riders do the same below her that she realised that it was a person who had fallen, and another minute till she was close enough to recognise the outfit.

"Arylett!" she cried, her Bird coming into land and kicking up a huge amount of dust. Clumsily Kinova climbed off the animal and ran to the one figure she recognised. "Your Maj.?"

There was no response. Agitated, Kinova looked at the riders. "Do you know what happened? Have you seen -" she stopped, not knowing if she should mention the Thing. "A... a creature of any sort?" she finished, glancing skywards in the hope that Cas would arrive at any moment; as she did so, Phillip and Eve arrived.

Cas chirped desperately, and Spektra zoomed faster than ever at the ground, almost crashing into a rock as he landed.

"Arylett!" he shouted, kneeling down beside her. He repeated her name a few times, gradually getting quieter until he was hoarsely whispering the three consonants. He ran his hand through her wild black hair, sensing a dark energy that had recently been in them, which burnt his hand. Removing his fingers from the curls, he wondered whether that was just a remnant of the Thing's powers, or something else.

"We just saw her come up from the ground out of nowhere," explained Raeneudd, still running healing spells over Arlyett, "and there were a lot of dark tentacles flying around, but they all vanished again. We only got here a couple of minutes before you, and we couldn't get through at first."
Malbarad dropped his bow. "A lot of those tentacle things were the same as what attacked back at the castle, but I could swear some of them came from her hair. I may be wrong, though."

(OK, sorry)

"My queen!' Eve said fearfully. 'Are you alright, can you hear me?'

Eve casted many healing spells and none seemed to work. Eve casted Life which brang back the dead, it didn't work so Arylett wasn't dead.

Lucas flew down to where King Philly and Princess Eve were. He saw Queen Arylett laying on the ground, some kind of dark energy intangibly emanating from her. We need more than magic, enchantments and milkshakes to help her. Wait, that's it!
"Everyone, stop!" Lucas boomed in an unusually strong voice. He reached into his coat and pulled out a black flute. He began to play an ominous tune on it, and a cold breeze whispered by. The ground rumbled and turned black while a darkly translucent figure came up from the ground. It was quite large, and growing more humanoid with every second. Finally, the rumbling ceased and the figure became fully visible. Do you require assistance, Master Lucas?
"O Awesomesause Nothing, please heal Queen Arylett! She needs help!"
As you wish, Master Lucas. I will try try the best of my abilities.
Nothing moved over to Arylett, and covered her with his hands. The rumbling slowly came back as he used his extremely powerful magic.

"Oh, I forgot! I can use the power of my voice and my father's hair!" He started rambling on and rubbing a hair sample on her.

Back
Top Bottom