• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Business Approval Office

I'd understand that with Lava Cookies (I'll never see my Pokemon the same way again- creatures who see a cookie and don't understand what to do with it), but Lemonade and Soda Pop are in cans and Fresh Water is in a bottle. They'd be just as unlikely to know how to open those as they would be to know how to use Potions or Full Heals or something like that. If we made those into usable hold items for ASB the next logical step is to do that with practically every other medicine that isn't usable when held ingame, too. Of course, we don't have to, but people will ask "Why?"

Last edited:
1. Since everyone seems to be bashing me for not making a good description, I will make a description in my notepad then copy and paste it when I am done.
2. You seem to be telling me what Negrek will think about it. Is that really necesarry?

I'd understand that with Lava Cookies (I'll never see my Pokemon the same way again- creatures who see a cookie and don't understand what to do with it), but Lemonade and Soda Pop are in cans and Fresh Water is in a bottle. They'd be just as unlikely to know how to open those as they would be to know how to use Potions or Full Heals or something like that. If we made those into usable hold items for ASB the next logical step is to do that with practically every other medicine that isn't ingame, too. Of course, we don't have to, but people will ask "Why?"

True, true, but of course they could be specially modified to be placed in a easier container to figure out, and used in a similar manner to Berry Juice, no? (Crap, I'm losing this argument. -_-)

1. Since everyone seems to be bashing me for not making a good description, I will make a description in my notepad then copy and paste it when I am done.
You didn't have a *bad* description, you had no description at all. The item and price is by far not enough. What is their use, even? I could see pumping up Pokémon on some stat boosters, but are they really that nessecary in the first place?
2. You seem to be telling me what Negrek will think about it. Is that really necesarry?

Yes. :P Since Negrek isn't on much in summer, we're trying to help as much with the league as we can. Or at least I am.

Well still you don't have to be so jokingly about it. You could've just said: There's no description. You didn't have to bash me about it.

Well still you don't have to be so jokingly about it. You could've just said: There's no description. You didn't have to bash me about it.

I didn't 'bash'.

But since you are being so whiny about it people probably will 'bash' you more for being dumber than than a box of Magikarp.

And I am trying to help Negrek and the league out too by posting in her absence. Yay volunteering!

Just in case you missed this, Negrek is kind of in charge of the ASB League. What she thinks about things matters. We're only repeating/paraphrasing what she's said before about other business proposals when we tell you "what Negrek will think about it".

Here are a few things to consider that I think will help you out with this whole business venture:
Look at other businesses and actually read their topics. Consider what they describe, how much they describe it, how long it generally is, and how business is carried out.
Now, think about the kind of business you want to run. Has it been done before? Can you already do what you want your business to do somewhere else? Put thought into how you'll actually carry out this business. Is it a service? What does it do? Considering how much other businesses charge, about how much should you charge? Are you modifying Pokemon? How does the modification affect battles? What handicap can you impose in order to keep the Pokemon from being overpowered? Or, are you selling items? Are they items you can find in the main series? What do the items do? How can you adapt their ingame use into the context of ASB?
And, remember,
The first post of this thread said:
Common reasons for rejecting a business proposal include the fact that it overlaps with a business already in existence, that the effects it provides are too powerful or unfairly advantage a subset of ASBers in one way or another, or that the proposal shows a poor degree of planning or is unclear about how the business is to run.

You've taken a step in the right direction if you actually read all that. You'll need to put lots of thought and effort into a business for it to be approved. When you're being uncooperative and whiny we might mock you a little bit but if you actually present a good idea we'll probably be all for it.

Since when is sarcasm "bashing"? Oh, no, a comment not saying "OMGZ, SO COOL" was posted! Call the police. I dare you.

I didn't 'bash'.

But since you are being so whiny about it people probably will 'bash' you more for being dumber than than a box of Magikarp.

And I am trying to help Negrek and the league out too by posting in her absence. Yay volunteering!

This.

You didn't have to bash me about it.

people are 'bashing' you because you are consistently failing to take note of everything around you, even after being told by the mods that you're doing it wrong.

I would call "dumber than a box of magikarp" borderline bashing, however.

Really, you guys. Grow up. If you aren't going to post a suggestion or rules reminder that will help him understand (and is there really anything more that needs to be said?), or else post about your own business-related questions, get out of the thread.

Last edited:
Point that was raised that I'm curious about: Lava Cookies could be eaten mid-match, correct? I mean, it's a cookie. Your Pokemon should be able to eat a cookie.

While I appreciate people trying to help me out, I would prefer if you leave these sorts of issues for me or other approvers to deal with.

Am I correct in thinking we can somehow claim profits from transactions we offer for free on coupons and such? I swear I remember seeing that happen. :l

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the overhead is how much the service costs. The profit is the price minus the overhead, after all, right? But if a player is given something for free, I'd think that the owner of the store has to pay the overhead, not claim it.

Oh, I see what you mean. But perhaps I wasn't clear enough either: if I understand this correctly, the shop owner gets money because the product was purchased - that is, someone paid money for it. You get a profit because they paid more than was spent to make the product. But when you give something away, no-one pays anything for the product, which means there's no profit to speak of - in fact, there is a negative profit.

...Dear God I suck at explaining.

Am I correct in thinking we can somehow claim profits from transactions we offer for free on coupons and such? I swear I remember seeing that happen. :l
You can take the "profit" part of your money back, yes, but as blazheirio pointed out, you'll still lose money on them.

I would like to start a buisness. It would be called Squirtle´s Aromatherapy.
Description: This service ups a Pokémons happiness. Each service ups the happiness by differing levels.

Services: Fido's Playtime-Fido plays with the Pokémon. +1 happiness. Cost: $1 per session.
Cuckoo's Soothing Hour- Cuckoo gets in a yoga session with the Pokémon. +2 happiness. Cost: $3 per Pokémon.

Roosevelt's Story Time- Roosevelt tells a story with the Pokémon. +4 happiness for baby or basic Pokémon, +2 for stage 1 Pokémon, +1 for stage 2 Pokémon. Cost: $2 per Pokémon. If the Pokémon has a childish or serious personality, please say. It influences the effect of the story.
Squirtle's Arena - Squirtle engages in a mock fight with the Pokémon. Cost: $5 for manteinance of arena.

Back
Top Bottom