• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Business Approval Office

To clarify, because it sounds like you haven't read (or maybe just haven't understood) the Rules and in general the mechanics of ASB, we don't have the Happiness system in the games (out of 255) here. The effectiveness of Return and Frustration are determined by the Pokemon's mood in-battle when using them, which is pretty much determined by how the ref writes the battle.

We do have Happiness points, which are a totally different thing. They are basically EXP for Pokemon that evolve by Happiness (Togepi and the like) and are awarded in basically the same way as EXP.

On top of that, while it isn't out of the question to create a new business ATM, most of the conceivable (well, maybe that's not the right word) functions of ASB are already covered either by other businesses or by the Pokemon Registration Office itself. Wait, hang around awhile, and see how things work here (give it at least a few months, things move slowly here) and then if you want to make up a business, you'll have a much better understanding of how it'll fit into ASB, and therefore it'll probably have a better chance of being approved.

Let's say that I would eventually want to maybe open a business that would let the customers pay to have a little chance to have a fossil of a pokémon (that already have a fossil, i mean no wailord fossils here), would it be considerable?

...in theory?

Let's say that I would eventually want to maybe open a business that would let the customers pay to have a little chance to have a fossil of a pokémon (that already have a fossil, i mean no wailord fossils here), would it be considerable?

...in theory?

Dunno what Negrek will say about it (especially because you have basically no details whatsoever), but here's my take: What exactly do you mean by fossils?

(1) If you mean you're giving out/selling the actual fossil items which customers then get revived into Pokemon, what's the point? They can already get those Pokemon without the fossil step at the PRO.

(2) Do you mean giving out/selling the fossil-based Pokemon with some kind of signature attribute or other mod that would make them more fossilized (if you're familiar with GPX+, something like the fossil novelties there)? This might be more plausible, since we already have similar businesses which give, for example, robotic limbs or gills or whatnot to Pokemon, but why would it be limited to only Pokemon which are fossils in-game? Almost any Pokemon (human-created ones excluded like Porygon, Voltorb, Grimer, etc) could have been around long long ago, and a fossil mod could work just as well on them. In fact, it might even work better on non-fossil Pokemon since the canon fossils already have pretty much every fossil mod I can think of off the top of my head (added Rock type/abilities/attacks, mainly).

(3) Do you mean something else entirely? Like I said before, I have no idea, because you seem to have no idea. Think about it some more.

And (4) If there's a "little" chance of getting a fossil, the most important question is: What else does the business do?

I was just throwing an idea but if you want more details:

-It would work a bit like the Underground in Sinnoh, finding fossils that could be revived at the PRO (in details Kabuto, Omanyte, Aerodactyl, Lileep, Anorith, Shieldon and Cranidos) but as well as evolutionary stones (not gonna name them all but all of them except maybe oval stone).
-I know some places already sells the Pokémon and the items, but my place would combine this by creating some kind of a lottery where you just don't know what you will get, bit like in the Safari Zone, for example.
-Basically, people would pay a fixed amount of money for digging courses. The more you pay, the more courses you have, and in each course you would have %s of getting the pokémon or stones. Maybe i could add a variety of tools with different effects, like a hammer that would have higher chances of getting something but also to break it in the process than a shovel.
-I'm thinking of adding few chances to encounter live pokémon that would live in those caves like sandshrews and digletts for example.

(About the fact that those things would be particular fossils with a signature attribute already is a good idea, i could add it)

of course all of this is meaningless for the moment as i only have a mere $1, im just throwing out ideas.

Maybe? It would depend a lot on how you executed everything. There isn't enough here for me to make a solid judgment.

The Sense-Heightening Dojo
The Sensei (me) teaches Pokemon moves that heighten the senses moves. But I will not teach Dark types, or Poison types.

Services:
Psych-up: $1 Bulk-up: $3 Roleplay: $3 Meditate: $4 Calm Mind: $4 Reflect: $4 Light Screen: $4 Guard Swap: $5 Power Swap: $5 Foresight: $5

I don't think you can fairly exclude pokemon like that in a business. "I'll sell this car but I won't sell it to people with a certain skin color"

The Sensei (me) teaches Pokemon moves that heighten the senses moves. But I will not teach Dark types, or Poison types.

Services:
Psych-up: $1 Bulk-up: $3 Roleplay: $3 Meditate: $4 Calm Mind: $4 Reflect: $4 Light Screen: $4 Guard Swap: $5 Power Swap: $5 Foresight: $5

Also, Kratos' business does pretty much the same thing, except with *all* moves. Then again, I think it's more expensive there and it's only for same-type moves.

Services:
It doesn't look like you put much thought or effort into this at all. The moves seem kind of arbitrary... how are the screens "senses moves?" No mind reader? No detect? The restriction on dark and fighting-types likewise. In general, this business is just too niche and poorly-defined.

I will now finally try to start a buisness without being half-asleep.

This buisness actually concentrates a Pokemon's senses. All services must be approved by the PRO. This counts as a body mod.
Sercvices:

Sight: The Pokemon's sight is improved. It is as if the Pokemon had the Keen Eye ability. Pokemon that already have Keen Eye will obviously not be accepted. Cost: $5

Smell: The Pokemon's sense of smell is hightened. It is as if Odor Sleuth is in effect. If the Pokemon is oredered to sniff the air, it comes into effect Cost: $4

Hearing: The Pokemon's hearing is enlightened. The effects of sound-based are doubled. However, the Pokemon is aware of other things i.e if the pokemon is on top of a geyser, and it is about to erupt, the pokemon will get of the geyser. Cost: $4

Taste: The Pokemon improves its sense of taste. If the Pokemon uses a HP healing berry in battle, the effect is doubled. Cost: $3

Touch: The Pokemon improves its sense of touch. Moves that invlove hands (elemental punches, Wring Out, etc.) have their powered multiplied by 1.5. Pokemon without hands, unfourtunately, are unable to recieve this service. Cost: $4

EDIT: Everything in bold is changed.

Last edited:
The Multuplicative property say Anything time 1 is one. I think you menat 1.5?

And How do you double a berrie's affect by tasting it? How do you double th effect of curing a status?

The Multuplicative property say Anything time 1 is one. I think you menat 1.5?

And How do you double a berrie's affect by tasting it? How do you double th effect of curing a status?

Temporary immunity...?

This buisness actually concentrates a Pokemon's senses. All services must be approved by the PRO. This counts as a body mod.
Sercvices:

Sight: The Pokemon's sight is improved. It is as if the Pokemon had the Keen Eye ability. Pokemon that already have Keen Eye will obviously not be accepted. Cost: $5

Smell: The Pokemon's sense of smell is hightened. It is as if Odor Sleuth is in effect. If the Pokemon is oredered to sniff the air, it comes into effect Cost: $4

Hearing: The Pokemon's hearing is enlightened. The effects of sound-based are doubled. However, the Pokemon is aware of other things i.e if the pokemon is on top of a geyser, and it is about to erupt, the pokemon will get of the geyser. Cost: $4

Taste: The Pokemon improves its sense of taste. If the Pokemon uses a HP healing berry in battle, the effect is doubled. Cost: $3

Touch: The Pokemon improves its sense of touch. Moves that invlove hands (elemental punches, Wring Out, etc.) have their powered multiplied by 1.5. Pokemon without hands, unfourtunately, are unable to recieve this service. Cost: $4

I just thought of something. A Vitamin Shoppe. Where a person can buy a vitamin and use it in a battle of their choice, but only one vitamin per battle.

HP Up: Start the match with 110% health instead of 100%.
Protein: Start the match with +1 Attack
Iron: Start the match with +1 Defense
Calcium: Start the match with +1 Sp. Atk
Zinc: Start the match with +1 Sp. Def
Carbos: Start the match with +1 Speed

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to refine this and use it? Not that I probably would, but.

Sercvices:

These are quite vague and poorly-defined. The prices are all over the place, and in general would all need to be higher, and the theme is pretty weak. If you want to sell custom attributes, you need to polish them a bit more; several of these probably wouldn't pass approval.

I just thought of something. A Vitamin Shoppe. Where a person can buy a vitamin and use it in a battle of their choice, but only one vitamin per battle.

HP Up: Start the match with 110% health instead of 100%.
Protein: Start the match with +1 Attack
Iron: Start the match with +1 Defense
Calcium: Start the match with +1 Sp. Atk
Zinc: Start the match with +1 Sp. Def
Carbos: Start the match with +1 Speed

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to refine this and use it? Not that I probably would, but.
These work pretty much like items (I'm not interested in introducing more meta, i.e. things that don't fit into any of the battle elements that have already been defined), and for the moment at least I'm not going to get into custom items.

Would it be possible to run a business where you write signature attributes/moves for other users? Like they would give you the name, the pokemon, and some general oversight of what they want, and then I do the actual formatting and composing of it? More info if its possible.

Back
Top Bottom