• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

i have a list of q's i wanna ask people, will come back around in a bit to do so if its still worth
Is it worth wagoning for inactive folks today
i dont think both wagons should be inactives if thats what you mean
there's p much always some mafia in the active group, even if others are lurking

(also. im on a new keyboard that i hate if you could not tell. apostrophes? who are they)

@Bluwiikoon
Sort of, but I find it hard to develop vibes for people I don't know well, and since this is my first mafia game and I didn't directly follow TVT mafia, I don't have much to compare to. I'm also fairly new to the forums in general so I'm not used to seeing how everyone else types. I may have... other suspicions but I'm going to hold off saying anything until I absorb more.

but later told m+7 like 10 posts later
i hate myself. ahem

okay so i decided that im not actually going to do work rn. therefore,

All of which is to say: Please be gentle with those of us who don't seem to be reading people effectively.
i feel like it would be kind of scummy (Ha Ha) if i just ignored this post, so i wanted to say that i’m sorry for being kind of complicit here; i am struggling a lot with sorting people out and i know it’s in part because i don’t totally know how to tell those who just aren’t as comfortable reading others apart from “people i really should be looking at”

mewtini, can you talk to me about this some more? Do you have any read on koko specifically?
@M Plus 7: forgot to answer this question in the EoD flurry. i don't really have any read on koko which makes me kind of antsy, but if it hadn't been for a specific comment, i probably wouldn't have had a read on em in the last game when e was town (e switched alignments partway through the game). no one else seems to feel badly about em so i'll just say my vibe is null/fine for now
@Superjolt: curious to hear your thoughts on EoD/thread at large once you've caught up! (same to trebek if he wants. i had seshas down for this question as well but ... RIP)
@Keldeo, your 1120 kind of confused me (i think you might have been responding to me saying "strykeposting feels slightly more neutral versus myuma who i could choose to read as pretty wolfy or as uncertain-town"?) wrt why it resulted in a stryke vote. this q kind of doesn't matter but could you talk abt your thinking there?

Man, someday I'll learn not to trust my gut on day 1. Sorry Myuma.

Agree that being put into the time-out basement implies some sort of town-aligned kill to me, i.e. a vig - the other reasons I can think for why someone might die all seem much less straightforward. The vig shooting a suspect is like, not very baffling to me haha, and then... I guess it could be a doctor or a roleblocker or something else that stopped the vig's kill n0. Or I could honestly imagine Jack not giving / Eifie getting Jack to not give the vig a n0 kill at all because dying n0 just kind of sucks.

Myuma being a villager... kind of makes me think getting antsy between the two wagons and swinging them back and forth last EOD was likely to be town too, rather than pursuing an agenda, but I should reread how that all went down.

I'm very confused about the Seshas kill and if it's the reason Skylar gave
i think it makes perfect sense that the vig would hit myuma
mafia hitting seshas is less obvious but maybe that's the point, last game i was trying to hit people that were confusing/didn't give town much to work with. i didn't hit anyone that was being widely read as town because those people were townreading me and it was better to keep them around. that kind of makes me want to be suspicious of keldeo but it's like a huge reach
that makes me want to lecture the mafia lol, like just kill people you can't mislynch, and if they were townreading you that just means they can't reevaluate later, man tapping on head gif. Killing someone for being confusing is kind of a bad reason, imo (and saying that I'm sure Jack's preparing a Keldeo Being Wrong About The Mafia's Motives slideshow in graveyard chat as we speak.) It kind of makes me wonder if someone might have redirected something onto Seshas? They should speak up if that's the case.

I am pretty busy this phase, might not be super engaged until like Saturday

@Keldeo, your 1120 kind of confused me (i think you might have been responding to me saying "strykeposting feels slightly more neutral versus myuma who i could choose to read as pretty wolfy or as uncertain-town"?) wrt why it resulted in a stryke vote. this q kind of doesn't matter but could you talk abt your thinking there?
Oh, no, it was in reference to this post of yours. It was also kind of a "I'm no longer vibing" vote with myuma being so far in the lead based on the votecount that you posted (it would have been 6-3 if Stryke had voted myuma in self-preservation)

Eifie getting Jack to not give the vig a n0 kill at all because dying n0 just kind of sucks
just a reminder that Eifie said in tvt graveyard chat that she’d kill Flora N0 if she was vig from the beginning, so I guess this one’s a little far-fetched

wrt the possibility of a redirector, that would be interesting

If the kill got /deflected/ onto Seshas somehow then probably don't speak up, though, because that only guarantees a townie rather than a mafia. I think.

Killing someone for being confusing is kind of a bad reason, imo
maybe! i don't think it's good to assume every kill is being made for a good reason though—definitely didn't happen last game. :p if there's not a clear reason that seshas would be a good kill, i think it's kinda fair to assume it was done for a less-than-good reason, right?
Yeah, I mean. The kill happened, so there was obviously some reason that it happened, whether that's something going on in the heads of the mafia where they wanted to target Seshas regardless of whether I think that's a good or a bad reason, or maybe some mechanical thing happened and they didn't actually mean to target Seshas.

Doctor dodging was brought up and I guess that could make sense. I kinda doubt it was because of their reads because they weren't really current and didn't seem to be pushing anyone strongly, the only SR I can remember is kokorico?

Snipping the later part of the vote history to stare at, I was kind of the only person swapping a lot at the end there so lol about that theory. Vague good vibes from rari and MP switching, maybe.

kyeugh votes Stryke (#907)
rari_teh votes Stryke (#909)
Herbe votes Stryke (#910)
mewtini votes Vipera Magnifica (#950)
myuma votes Stryke (#957)
mewtini votes Stryke (#965)
mewtini votes myuma (#979)
IndigoEmmy unvotes (#997)
rari_teh votes myuma (#1032)
kyeugh votes myuma (#1040)
Tofu votes abstain (#1058)
kokorico votes Stryke (#1059)

Keldeo votes myuma (#1072)
Bluwiikoon votes myuma (#1111)
Keldeo votes Stryke (#1120)
rari_teh votes Stryke (#1132)
M Plus 7 votes myuma (#1140)
Keldeo votes myuma (#1141)
Trebek votes myuma (#1143)
Butterfree votes myuma (#1147)
Keldeo votes Stryke (#1155)
mewtini votes Stryke (#1162)
M Plus 7 votes Stryke (#1163)

Stryke's role claim and flip at the end of D1 made me realize something we completely overlooked.

I need at least 14 players for this game, and I can accommodate up to a maximum of 25 players. There are 14 power roles, and if we get extra players, the excess roles will be vanilla townies and vanilla scum. The ratio of scum-to-town will be 4-to-10 (29%) in a 14-player game and 6-to-19 (24%) in a 25-player game, and for in-between numbers, I'll distribute vanilla townie and vanilla scum roles so as to maintain a ratio between 24 and 29%.

If there are 21 players, and the ratio of scum-to-town is between 24 and 29%, then there must be 6 mafia in the player list (28.6%).

There are only 14 power roles, so this means the distribution of players should be:

10 town power roles
5 vanilla townies
4 mafia power roles
2 vanilla scum

Stryke actually was a vanilla townie, and there are 4 others, some of which may be dead already.

There are 6 mafia remaining, and 11 town.

The fact that we had competing v/v wagons yesterday makes it harder to sniff the mafia out based on voting history, but there could be some clues hidden there. I'll be posting my reads on that later.

Back
Top Bottom