• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

Keldeo said:
Sorry, did you end up seeing that she claimed cop? I see what you mean about her original claim, but I feel like we probably shouldn't vote out an un-counterclaimed cop if at all possible.
why tf would a legit cop counterclaim, that'd fuck their whole game up. probably a mafia member was like "hey that role claim is fucking insane maybe just go with a cop claim to bait out the real cop for Murdering purposes"
this sort of feels like its implying that no one should ever counterclaim, ever, because what if. support/healer roles exist so that counterclaiming can be done safely

Keldeo said:
Sorry, did you end up seeing that she claimed cop? I see what you mean about her original claim, but I feel like we probably shouldn't vote out an un-counterclaimed cop if at all possible.
why tf would a legit cop counterclaim, that'd fuck their whole game up. probably a mafia member was like "hey that role claim is fucking insane maybe just go with a cop claim to bait out the real cop for Murdering purposes"
Hmm... I see your point, but I think the real cop should actually counterclaim if it isn't Emmy. Essentially, Emmy fake claiming cop here is like the real cop getting a free mafia check (while we have no evidence that a doctor is dead, even), which is really powerful, so why wouldn't they reveal that. So because there has not been a counterclaim, I'm assuming that Emmy is actually the cop. I guess another way to think about it is that if she is the cop, voting her out is really bad, whereas if she isn't the cop, we'll be able to catch on eventually if she's like not dead in N days or something.

It did cross my mind that Emmy's claim could be fake and baiting a counterclaim / doctor heals / etc., because it was sort of abrupt and her checks don't really give much information. But Butterfree read through and saw that her checks made sense with what she had posted, so I guess I'm trusting in that, too.

(I think if Emmy is mafia, this post makes RNP like 100% town, makes me look really silly, and also [redacted], but I'm not sure what it makes him if Emmy is town)

Keldeo said:
this sort of feels like its implying that no one should ever counterclaim, ever, because what if. support/healer roles exist so that counterclaiming can be done safely
idk I mean, I see what he means - it's super early for a cop to claim. I guess that begs the question of why Emmy first claimed under so little pressure but I'm like, okay with the answer to that being /shrug

Keldeo said:
idk I mean, I see what he means - it's super early for a cop to claim. I guess that begs the question of why Emmy first claimed under so little pressure but I'm like, okay with the answer to that being /shrug
the first time i drafted that post, the first sentence was "i sorta get what hes saying here". somehow that just completely got lost between me thinking it and hitting post tho lmao
right now im just like. how bad is it actually if emmy is mafia and people arent counterclaiming bc of what rnp said? its not like w!emmy is throwing her weight around to try to get us to mislynch

Keldeo said:
the first time i drafted that post, the first sentence was "i sorta get what hes saying here". somehow that just completely got lost between me thinking it and hitting post tho lmao
right now im just like. how bad is it actually if emmy is mafia and people arent counterclaiming bc of what rnp said? its not like w!emmy is throwing her weight around to try to get us to mislynch
something terrifying just passed through my head
what if rnp is the real cop

I'm like, okay with the answer to that being /shrug

i admittedly havent been on tcod for nearly as long as a lot of people, and dont really know the ins and outs of peoples personalities, but if i try to put myself in emmy's shoes i can see myself winding up copclaiming under little pressure, and for now im happy with that reasoning

Keldeo said:
something terrifying just passed through my head
what if rnp is the real cop
Maaan, this was [redacted]

If he's the real cop, I think he should hard claim. With where the thread seems to be at, I don't think we're voting out Emmy if that doesn't happen. But it is his decision tbh.

Mewtini, can you talk to me more about Herbe? I don't see the long-term hinting about his role to Butterfree as towny since his role isn't super alignment-indicative - it seems mainly like a way to justify his role to Butterfree/to the thread later on, which can come from either alignment.

I understand what you mean about not knowing why he'd want to claim at that point, but his posts after that subject seemed kind of focused on like... comparing himself and Emmy and sort of casting doubt on her claim in conjunction with his. Him suggesting a coinflip heal between Emmy and himself, ostensibly a much less powerful role, was the main thing that stuck out as weird to me. I think if the whole point of his claim was to compare their roles and potentially draw town healing to himself, that makes it more than worth the potential scrutiny from "well, he claimed a role that often is mafia" (particularly because that line of reasoning can be WIFOMed out of, like many people did.)

his posts after that subject seemed kind of focused on like... comparing himself and Emmy and sort of casting doubt on her claim in conjunction with his.
i guess i'm operating under the assumption that herbe isn't realizing that "cops please counterclaim" is distinct from "regular cops please counterclaim" but maybe you're catching a nuance that i'm not?

I don't see the long-term hinting about his role to Butterfree as towny since his role isn't super alignment-indicative - it seems mainly like a way to justify his role to Butterfree/to the thread later on, which can come from either alignment.
i don't really know role cop metagame/strategy to be quite honest w you but i don't really get why he'd have to justify his role to butterfree? like if butterfree is indeed town, just saying "i have checked butterfree as green" is far different from "butterfree are you <role>"

Him suggesting a coinflip heal between Emmy and himself, ostensibly a much less powerful role, was the main thing that stuck out as weird to me.
oh i think i just messed up on that read. honestly i initially read that thing as an extension of the healer strategy discussed during tvtropes, where the intent was theoretically to prevent mafia from just killing doctors, but uh ... that does not apply here since the doctors (well, """doctors""") were known to the thread/mafia. heh

Sorry, I don't understand your questions? What I'm saying is that Herbe could be a mafia role cop, where laying down breadcrumbs to Butterfree that he knew her role was fishing brother would demonstrate to her that he was indeed a role cop. So then (with Emmy being town in this world), after the call for counterclaims, he sees the opportunity to truthfully claim his role, while allowing him to cast doubt on the real town cop.

btw why is it called fishing brothers... is the implication that the guys who give out fishing rods in Pokemon are capable of killing

eyy i said i'd do this and Here it is.

Mewt

Offering a ton of insight and good lines of questioning consistently. Can't say anything that's not been said tbh

Keldeo, Trebek

At the beginning of the game, I was suspicious of Keldeo since he seemed a bit more reserved than he did in tvt, where he pinged me as town as much as Mewtini does now.
My suspicions peaked during the whole Keldeo-Trebek back-and-forth (first vote in the game, came very suddenly). Once the whole thing resolved, though, I was more at ease about both,
especially with their D2 contributions. Still Keldeo seems a bit more opaque than in tvt where he was taking the role Mewt is now (which. valid, folks get tired).

Emmy
I don't know if it was her experience or if she was being coached, but I felt pretty waffly about her, even after her claim.
I feel a bit better about her rn

rari_teh
can't really blame them from suspecting my irregularities in thread and for pushing on them, which reads as town to me.

Butterfree
I think I inherently trust massive walls of text lmao so bfree has been pinging pretty town for me

VM, Tofu
See above. I also find their involvement in thread , even VM trying to wagon kyeugh. I read it as an attempt to get the ball rolling on -something- and it succeeded in doing that.

kyeugh
vibing with her and her defenses, but i'm going to reread when i am not tired

Blu
I'm getting worse vibes here. His interactions are mostly limited to popping in and asking people thoughts, and I'm warier here. He keeps coming back to Emmy- first by bringing up
kyeugh's joke hypocop claim (#869), throwing suspicion on her again in #1073, and voting for her in #1717. Then there's the whole alien thing, and that *really* piqued my interest.
This quote, in particular:

Speculating on whether Indigo is cop feels bad imo. Just gives mafia more of an incentive to shank her, which is bad because she's alien :-(

It's jokey, but it comes well after the whole alien debacle. Trying to halt discussion on Emmy's identity as cop seems as if he's trying to change the topic at hand and have folks
eventually forget about her. In case she is the real cop, and Emmy is out of sight out of mind, she proves an easy target for the mafia. It's late, and I'm sure I misinterpreted something
because of the hour, but his pigeonholing on Emmy rubs me a really bad way.

I'll vote Bluwikoon for now.

i think i'm just not expressing myself very well atm

i'm saying that if herbe thought all cops needed to counterclaim, then claiming against cop!emmy wouldn't be shading her, it would just be doing what he thought was like, the correct play
i don't think mafia needs to go out on a limb like this to discredit emmy when they can just nightkill her, so i don't see why herbe wouldn't just wait to claim later unless he thought he was supposed to counterclaim

i think i'm just not expressing myself very well atm

i'm saying that if herbe thought all cops needed to counterclaim, then claiming against cop!emmy wouldn't be shading her, it would just be doing what he thought was like, the correct play
i don't think mafia needs to go out on a limb like this to discredit emmy when they can just nightkill her, so i don't see why herbe wouldn't just wait to claim later unless he thought he was supposed to counterclaim
Well, if she's town, they couldn't be sure of nightkilling her right now since there could be a doctor around, right? That, to me, provides the missing reasoning behind mafia Herbe's claim.

Back
Top Bottom