• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Controversial Topics

Re: TCoDf has highly homogenous ... ideas.

Firstly, I like thin mints.

Secondly, if 95% agree and one dissents, that would mean there are twenty on the site. Flat joke fell flat.

you're not the only one dissenting.

qft

You're not the only one to come in here and try to preach to us. Others usually pussied out by this point and promptly vanished from the face of the forum, so you may pat yourself on the back for that. Hardly an A for effort, but at the same time you haven't given up either. It's kind of hard to phrase.

To Green, this thread is mostly concerning active members who have been here for more than two weeks and stuff and are active for longer. ;v but current events are fun.

I still don't get how that makes 20 people on the site. 1/20 dissenting, sure, but that could still be any number. Or is there something obvious I'm missing?

Well it's just that Cirrus said one person dissents, not one out of twenty.

Whatever. As I said, flat joke fell flat.

I got the joke, but only after reading sreservoir's reply. Jokes that involve doing a calculation are always a bit obscure.

it is usually only one person at a time. but the people who stay around for a long time, stay around. the people voicing unpopular opinions without supporting them tend to run off to hide in a corner after a while.

Excuse me, this is a highly important thread about highly important matters and people are debating cookies? >:(

Clearly-- clearly.

Clearly you have never tasted girl scout cookies.

This is an abomination unto mankind and you must get a nice American friend to ship you a few different boxes. >3

you want thin mints, samoas, either of the peanut butter cookies (I find tagalongs better personally), whatever the lemon cookies are called, and all abouts if you can find a box somewhere since those were discontinued :(

poly[amory|gyny] and incest were discussed but everyone loved polyamory and "I think the general opinion was 'sure, but don't have kids if you're TOO closely related'".

I'm not exactly the most active user (and I'm not on IRC at all), but I don't really agree with either of those. I don't really like arguing about stuff over the Internet, though... so I'm not going to expand on that.

That's probably one reason why it seems like everyone has such similar opinions. I'm guessing most people don't really like arguing about stuff over the Internet... so the only ones that actually post their disagreements are either people who like arguing over the Internet for some strange reason, or people don't have the self-control to keep themselves from posting a rant whenever they see something they disagree with. So there's always at least one of those extreme anti-gay Christian types when sexuality comes up, and the extreme-Christians and extreme-atheists always start snarling and biting at each other every time religion comes up.

====

Also, Thin Mints are disgusting. But then again, pretty much anything that combines chocolate and mint is disgusting.

But then again, pretty much anything that combines chocolate and mint is disgusting.

You, sir, are a heretic, a barbarian and a downright unlikeable person.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

Or something, I dunno.

Question: are After-8s thin-mints? 'Cause omnomnom.

Also: Should guys be allowed to join the Girl Guides? 'Cause I know girls can join the Scouts, and I'm pretty sad about when the Guides turned the 8 year old me away.

This is an abomination unto mankind and you must get a nice American friend to ship you a few different boxes. >3

My little sister is in girl scouts, perhaps I could make arrangements.

you want thin mints, samoas, either of the peanut butter cookies (I find tagalongs better personally), whatever the lemon cookies are called, and all abouts if you can find a box somewhere since those were discontinued :(

the alternative are the do-si-dos (tagalongs are better!), the lemon ones are called lemon chalet cremes, you can still, apparently, get all-abouts in central and southern florida, and I prefer trefoils.

taglalongs are /much/ better. they're like what Reese's would end up doing if Reese's ever made cookies :3

eh, trefoils are all right. they're kind of bland for me, I always preferred the fact that all abouts had chocolate :3

and I always preferred lemon coolers (before they went out of circulation) to lemon chalet cremes, but any lemon cookie is good to me so

Lemon Coolers were better than the Chalet Cremes. I almost sued.

EDIT: Shoot, Ninja.

Back
Top Bottom