• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [DEAD] An Old Nemesis - The Smash Dojo Part 2

Re: An Old Nemesis - The Smash Dojo Part 2

((Uh.. Oh hey, Blastoise, Skymin, we could have Pit, Luigi and Tails all together, then. *hopeful look*))

((Okay. REPLAY FAILED POST AGOGO))
Luigi dashed through the forest, head down. Suddenly, he tripped over a partner log and sprawled across the forest floor.

Getting up and dusting himself off, Luigi continued his flight from danger. After a few minutes, however, it became clear that he had been turned around.

He was back in the clearing.

"Aw, dangit!" he muttered, before turning and noticing that angel-boy with the bow/sword from his fight, dodging Primid Shots.

Against his better judgement, Luigi leapt back into the clearing, attempting to grab the angelic boy by the arm.

"Followa me, Pit!" he said, and ran back into the forest.

((There, that should give you a starting point. We all got attacked by some Primids and are in the various stages of fleeing for our very lives.))

Skylar immediately spit Bowser out. "Sorry..." He sat down for a moment, looking for a place to sleep or hide. "I wish I could go into my room... any ideas where we should rest for now?"

Luigi grabbed Pit by the arm, and he stumbled a second before running after him. He looked back and fired a few shots at the Primids before looking forwards again to avoid running into trees.
"Thanks fo-" A Primid jumped onto his back, and Pit slashed at it a few times before it fell off, and he continued to run. Better to shut up, then.

Bowser looked at Yoshi and sighed. "I know. I'd prefer a bed. But think of this as CAMPING!" He turned his head to both sides. "I know how to make a fire... do you think you could gather some kindling and put it in a circle of stones?"

Mecha Sonic found himself standing over a black abyss. Or was he simply standing on shadows?

He couldn't tell, for wherever he'd been transported was simply a black dimesnion.

Then, the shadows began to gather. They started out by taking a cloak-like form, followed by arms, and then a red collar, a head, ragged white smoke, and a blue eye.

"So you are the one who showed me that reality," Mecha Sonic said, "You hoped to bring me into despair."

"You are no ordinary machine. Machines are supposed to be emotionless, yet you broke down when you saw that reality."

"I am a war machine," Mecha Sonic said, aiming his missile launcher at the thing, "Fight me, and I will show you how emotionless I can be. But before we battle, I will ask you this: was what you showed me an actual reality?"

"You might say that," The creature said, "It was close enough."

"I see. Well then, come at me! Show me your power!"

((I likes the way you think, Dragon! >:3))

Tails was jolted out of his half-asleep state as a boomerang whizzed by his head. He looked back to see several Primids, heading his way. Without another thought, he started running, too shocked by the boomerang to turn around and try to fight them off. But soon...

He saw a flash of...feathers? On a humanoid figure? He looked like he was being dragged along.

"Pit!" Tails cried after him running towards Pit. "It's me! Tails!"

((Then again, though, maybe I should do both Darkrais for the battle (but you could still do the dialog). And Mewtwo, I think you had better hurry. If you want, I could help you figure out a nightmare over PM.))

Meta Knight flew a ways before landing... somewhere. Everything looked the same, and while it felt like he was launched, Darkrai was practically hovering over top of him already. Slightly disoriented, he sidestepped to avoid getting hit. However, Darkrai seemed to anticipate this, and jabbed him with his fist, which seemed to be bubbling over with poison. Because he was in Meta Knight's mind, that meant that he could also read it, like he did when Meta Knight first 'arrived'.

Darkrai seemed to just float there, not doing anything. "Fool. If I kill you, you won't wake up ever again. However, if you decide to stay in your dream and relive your past in the alternate dimension I showed you, you will still die, only not as quickly. This is your fate. Your destiny. Death is all there is."

Ignoring Darkrai's words, Meta Knight charged at Darkrai with his sword outstretched. Before he made contact, Darkrai split in two and then reformed, causing Meta Knight to travel strait through him.

"I take it you've decided to die here and now. Very well!" He faced Meta Knight as a purple, shadowy sphere formed in his hands.

---

The Darkrai in Mecha Sonic's nightmare folded his arms as a dark ring began to surround him. Suddenly, everything turned black and white as several dark bursts of energy shot towards Mecha Sonic.

((Exo-Raikou's cue to post.))

((I'm planning Luigi's dream. Something to do with living in Mario's shadow all the time.))

Luigi turned at the sound of a high-pitched voice. There, running as fast as he could, was that yellow fox from the Dojo.

"Heya, Tails, right? Come'a on!" Luigi yelled behind him, throwing a fireball over the fox's shoulder at a Primid that was chasing them.

Fast!

Mecha rolled into a spindash to avoid the attack. He barely avoided the blast that skimmed over his smaller form. Needless to say, his upper spikes received a good scorch mark.

"You can dish it out, let's see how you take it!" he yelled, launchinga salvo of missiles at the creature

Tails ran after...Luigi, was his name? It was certainly better than being alone, and Luigi seemed like a nice enough guy, even if he was a bit odd. After all, he had just saved him from that Boom Primid.

"Thanks!" Tails shouted to Luigi as he armed his blaster, firing a volley of shots behind him.

((By the way, yes Tails does canonically have a blaster, for those who were wondering. A good deal of his moves from this RP were pulled from Sonic Battle.))

((Sorry for not posting earlier. And since I just realized how awkward it'd be to squeeze in Darkrai's speech as well, I'll be doing that.))

Darkrai hadn't had the time to dodge, and, consequently, received a heavy blow from Mecha Sonic's missiles. Nearly all of them hit. "You are delaying the inevitable!" he said as he closed his eyes in concentration. "The fact in itself that you, a machine, have dreams, let alone ones that can be tapped into, is astonishing. As I said before, you are no ordinary machine. However..." A psychic force began to surround Darkrai. "That is your weakness!" He fired beam of psychic energy at Mecha Sonic.

---

The Darkrai in Meta Knight's dream hurled the sphere towards him. Narrowly dodging it, Meta Knight only just noticed that the blue flames that danced on his arm began to fade away.

"Why are you doing this? Are you a demon of some sort?" Meta Knight inquired, hoping Darkrai wouldn't use this as an opportunity to attack.

Darkrai paused for a moment. "I..." His head throbbed when he tried to think. "...don't know! You're just trying to stall!" When he went to attack, something seemed to stop him. Why am I doing this...? he thought to himself. I don't... remember... anything... The Darkrai in Mecha Sonic's dream had these thoughts simultaneously.

Everything seemed to abruptly blur out. When Meta Knight opened his eyes, he was staring up out of bed. That dream seemed far too real. he thought as he got out of bed. What day is it? Oh, right. I have two passengers on board, and we're going to search for the others today.

((It's a bit too late for Kirby's nightmare, I'm afraid. You could say that either Darkrai didn't bother with him, or he was immune due to being so ignorant. :3
But either way, we could make Kirby have a nightmare later~
And to whom it may concern, Darkrai is still on board. Just somewhere else, for now.))

(This may be my last post for a while WITH MY HOLIDAY AND ALL.)

"We'll stop here" Ghor panted. The metal holdnig his body together aching under the pressure. He realised he was talking to a talking cat, is this how low he had come. Ghor the great bounty hunter. Defeating the evil and giving the money to charities, I was loved across the world but now slowly I had been reduced to nothing over the last few years. First the S.S Columbus had been shot down by space pirates, knocking out his main source of missions followed by the invasion of his planet by some sort of vortex creature, his power suit had been stolen by the subspace army and now here he was, defenceless, hiding from primids on a treestump talking to a cat. "Hmmm..." "Normally I would do a scan but once again i'm powerless without my power suit." He looked up at the cat. "So.... nice weather we're having."

((I'll get around to fighting Darkrai eventually.))

((Oh, and uh, since the fact that it's morning on the Halberd may screw everyone up, just pretend that some time has passed, it's morning, and you've already found somewhere. Sorry for any inconvenience. But if you want suggestions, there are plenty of forests and such. Possibly some caves. And of course, the off chance that any of your characters own some place/ship.))

((Sky, Dragon, I'm just gonna roll with us having found a cave. Feel free to object.))

Luigi snored loudly, a bubble slowly enlarging and shrinking with every breath.

Rolling over and pulling himself up, Luigi stretched, wondering for a moment why he was so achy.

Oh, right, the cave.

They had run for a while before finding this natural cave, and, after Luigi threw a fireball to see if there was oxygen, he had proceeded to conk out.

((As I said, feel free to object if you wanted to do something else.))

((Wait, so is Mecha still fighting Darkrai? Or are both battles over?))

((I see. In which case...))

Mecha Sonis was about to try to dodge the attack when the strange creature hesitated for a moment, as if it was contemplating whether or not it should strike.

Dormant State ending in 3...2...1-

Mecha's eye glowed red. The robot stood up to find himself back in the cargo bay.

"What... why did that stop all of a sudden?"

Meta Knight made his way towards the cargo bay. I'm glad they both stayed put. Firing the cannons consumes a lot of fuel. he thought as he looked around. Meta Knight noticed Mecha Sonic's eye was aglow. "I see you're awake." He walked over towards Kirby. "I'm going to check my ice box, and if it's empty, you won't hear the last of it." he leaned forward and spoke, knowing full well that he wasn't awake.

((Just posting to say that, because the forum, as usual, decided to be unavailable as soon as I make my post, it didn't count towards the latest post. Which is why, if you were viewing from the RP boards, you would think the latest post was Exo-Raikou's. This post is to remedy that.))

Back
Top Bottom