• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you have any fears or phobias?

needles, being immobilized in a confined space, glenn beck, some wasps, the westboro baptist church, some spiders.

7. Wearing skimpy clothes. It makes it way easier to get to you (if you know what I mean) and also tends to scream to most men on the street to come rape you.
to expand on NWT's response, it's a complete myth that dressing provocatively attracts rapists. rape is about power, not sex: even elderly grandmothers get raped.

- Failure. Sometimes I don't even want to try something if I don't think I'll succeed.
- Being hated. Well, technically being hated by those I consider my friends (I was gonna say "rejection" in a general sense but I actually don't think that's the case anymore :D)

And in a very specific sense saying something stupid that makes my friends hate me.

start to panic if it is on me.

Very Tight Spaces. I start to hyperventilate if I am in a tight space for too long.

Death. The idea of it scares me.

Yes on both. Especially death. Sometimes I imagine beign dead, and close my eyes and imagine spending a million years like that. ((I know dead bodies can't think. I fear not living as me, living as someone else. I know it's impossible but it terrifies me to *gulp* death.

And in a very specific sense saying something stupid that makes my friends hate me.

Yeah. Me too.

to expand on NWT's response, it's a complete myth that dressing provocatively attracts rapists. rape is about power, not sex: even elderly grandmothers get raped.

Thaaaaaank you for saying this.

Though, dressing provocatively will, on the other hand, almost certinaly mean that you will be at least partially blamed if you were to get raped :/

Though, dressing provocatively will, on the other hand, almost certinaly mean that you will be at least partially blamed if you were to get raped :/
Does this actually happen? People keep telling me it does, but I have a really hard time picturing anyone with half a heart going "yeah well, she dresses like a slut so it's her own fault!!!!!"

Does this actually happen? People keep telling me it does, but I have a really hard time picturing anyone with half a heart going "yeah well, she dresses like a slut so it's her own fault!!!!!"

Oh hell yeah it does. I've heard people at my (old) school state this like it's fact. Men /and/ women, which depresses me.

In fact for about three months on the way to school there was a giant billboard about this very subject! It was a girl out in a club with her friends, obviously tipsy seeing as she's just about to fall over and shit, and then just in massive type 'this is not an excuse to rape me.' or something.

I was like o___o

Yup. Juries acquit rapists all the time on the grounds that "she was asking for it". It's so common I can't find a specific case.

Disease is my biggest fear, I have trouble watching it on TV even. It was especially strong when my father died of a massive heart attack in his sleep in 2005, but now I think it is gradually getting better. I can watch some things now such as Stepmom without being bothered. Stepmom had been one movie that had gotten to me(Susan Serandon is diagnosed with Cancer in this film and only has one last Christmas with her children).

I am also afraid of spiders, I cower like a five year old and need my mom to take care of them and I also shout and cringe when bees buzz around me. I can't go on roller coasters because I am afraid.

Yup. Juries acquit rapists all the time on the grounds that "she was asking for it". It's so common I can't find a specific case.

One of my friends who I love to bits but sometimes want to smack about the head has come out with gems like "You can't rape a prostitute", "She was 14, she knew what she was doing" and "He's famous, so he wouldn't rape girls because there'd be so many actually willing to have sex with him".

Here's some absolutely horrifying statistics about people's opinion on (male>female) rape and under what conditions they think it's the woman's fault. It starts with "One in three students in the UK thinks that a woman is responsible for being raped if she’s drunk." and manages to get worse from there.

One of my friends who I love to bits but sometimes want to smack about the head has come out with gems like "You can't rape a prostitute", "She was 14, she knew what she was doing" and "He's famous, so he wouldn't rape girls because there'd be so many actually willing to have sex with him".

Were the latter two regarding Polanski?

The second was, the last was, I think, when we were talking about Mel Gibson? We have discussions like this all the time, and it only makes me sad/angry.

Back
Top Bottom