• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Drawsborough

Arylett, you're really good at drawing horses, you know that? Going by that one, anyway. :3 The hooves look amazing, and you made its limbs look all strong. Very beautiful.

Damn, I keep typing loo instead of look... anyway.

Ooh, the fursonas are cool, and I like the way you've paid attention to the tinted colour of your glasses, evident at least in the Mourmedy drawing. Good going.

Aww, Atnura is really cute. I love the pose and expression, and you're really good at shading. You could maybe shade some parts a bit more, like where you can see clearly that there are lighter gaps where you haven't shaded so much in an area that's dark, but other than that, awesome. And Mourmedy's outfit is great. I like the cuffs on the sleeves and the different-coloured buttons and the cool pockets.

Oh wow, the Charcill Plate looks brilliant. I love the colours you've used.

The Pony Express one is quite good, I really would love to see more from you in that sort of... style, I suppose; realistic and person-doing-something.

All the others are lovely as well, but again, I think it'd be awesome if you wanted to do things in, uh cool poses and stuff like that. You should. :3

@Eeveelution: I believe I did, but it wasn't for an art class. XD

@Flazeah: Thaank you. =3 I didn't think I was good at drawing horses... I don't draw them that often. I just copied it out of a book. I didn't like, trace. But I drew what I saw. The whole thing was copied out of a book. But yeah, I'll have to shade more. ^^ That was before I did too much shading, with Mourmedy.

@Mhals: I'm still trying to get a more realistic style, without like, copying it out of a book. I'll try to draw more like that in the future. ^^ I've been practicing. Humans are still challenging for me, but, I just have to keep at it. Thank you~

Yeah, I take AGES to update nowadays. XD

Okay, so like, here's what I've got.

A few days ago, it was Castycal's birthday. Here is the... crazy result (you won't get some of it, injokes):
Castycal's Birthday Present.

A Mother's Day gift for my mommy, it's our doggy, I experimented a bit with Paint.NET:
Mother's Day Gift.

Lastly, an avvie I made myself, it is a quirky Arylettfox:
ArylettQuirkyFoxBG.png

I shall have to try to stop being LAZY. And draw more~ I will try to update more frequently. I've still got to do a birthday gift for somebody and other things~

@Mhals: I'm still trying to get a more realistic style, without like, copying it out of a book. I'll try to draw more like that in the future. ^^ I've been practicing. Humans are still challenging for me, but, I just have to keep at it. Thank you~
Honestly, copying things out of a book isn't a bad place to start. I've found that if I copy a couple drawings, I get a better feel for how something is supposed to look, and then when I'm drawing my own things later, I have a better understanding of what I was doing wrong before, and I'm, uh, better!

Something I think helps sometimes is to get photos of people and try to copy them. Also if you want to actively work on people-drawing, I've found that this person's references are extremely helpful.

Your coloring's still pretty~

Oooh, thanks for the references, Mhals. ^^ I'll have to work on that.

Yes, yes, yes, EPIC BUMPAGE. I barely update this place, but eh. It's been a mixture of laziness/lack of motivation/summer homework. So, here's one of those rare updates.

I drew both of these next pictures relatively quickly, whilst I was bored and messing about with oil pastels, and on paper too large to fit in my scanner, so I had to take pictures of them. Sorry if the quality's off.

First we got uh, this random thing over here with a really unoriginal name:

Fox Flare.

Then we got... some kind of picture of me as Queen Arylett, with my hair even more wild. I tried drawing a nose and mouth at some point, but I felt it ruined the impact of the picture, so I just left it without one. Yes, I suck:

A Queen's Repose.

Oh and one last thing. Another avvie, of a character of mine called Atnura from the Rack Shackle Pack:

AtnuraSunset.png

No comments? Aaah well~

I got more art.

Okay, let's GO!

We got the next Ri-Lett picture here... yeah. I like to draw them things~ I thought I'd draw it for a special occasion, Ri and I have been friends for one year, whoo~ Well, it's the first picture I've drawn with... GASP. A SOLID BACKGROUND! =O Which fails, of course. This whole picture fails, despite the fact that she loved it (injokes in there, so you might not understand much of it):

Ri-Lett 4.

Speakin' of drawings for Special Occasions! I finally did one for my old buddy Zim Del Invasor's (aka Zimzop) birthday. It's me, dressed as that chick from Kill Bill and him playing a guitar. He deserves it, because he's awesomenocity (yaaar, there be more injokes ahead!):

Helizopter.

I joined an wolf RP forum. And am currently colouring this sketch (the head on the top's for an avvie):

Arylettwolf.

Hey, do you guys remember my Creations? Well, I do! I got some uncoloured revisions. I think they really show my improvement. I was shocked!

First one up's Vyaur:

C37 Vyaur Revised Uncoloured.

Then we got Forcotl:

C37 Forcotl Uncoloured.

That's all for today~ Wow, a lot, huh? Well, I got a lot more on the way~ I'm back on the drawing track! Ahaha.

Great drawings, especially the wolf. (Can you PM me the link of the wolf RP?) The fox flare looks more like a fox-dragon, though. The drawings are all better than you think.

Why thank you! ^^ I'm glad you like them! And I'll be happy to~ Check your inbox in a moment, I shall be sending it right now.

I got one thing for you guys, and that's this:
Arylettwolf200.png

Yes, it's that wolf sketch, the avvie part of it, is coloured~ I had to give my character more fur, because she's a really thick furred wolf~

That looks really good. I wish i could draw fur like that; It's always been a pain for me to do.

also generic "i need to post here more" post. C:

Aww, thanks Kai~ And 'tis all right. ^^

Okay, so UPDATE AGAIN! Yeah, I've been updating a lot. None of it's coloured though. D= I need new coloured pencils and a new outline tracey pen. (I could do it digitally, but my lack of a tablet would make it far too cumbersome. That's why generally, only avvies are digitally coloured here.)

Just lots of revisions I did~ (Yeah, I've been dating my work again. I really want to continue this, it helps me see my thread of improvement.)

We got first up here Valésaur's revision, which isn't really that special or different in my opinion. Not much has changed. (I forgot to add the accent mark. D=):

C40 Valésaur Revised Uncoloured.

One of my personal favourites gets a huge makeover. Strand Snake's up~!:

C43 Strand Snake Revised Uncoloured.

Autumn Down's revision. And yes, I know, it's C52 on the last one, but I had to change it because I discovered that I screwed up somewhere (on the last few Creations) with my numbering, and that it was really C53:

C53 Autumn Down Revised Uncoloured.

I really like how Orotail's revision came out. Particularly the tail:

C54 Orotail Revised Uncoloured.

That's all~ Hope you guys enjoyed! I'll be working on some colourings quite soon~ And also, a new banner for this place.

Last edited:
There's an obvious improvement that's gone on with your drawings as shown above, and I like how I can actually understand what some of these look like. Before, it's a bit hard to see how they looked. Keep it up.

There's an obvious improvement that's gone on with your drawings as shown above, and I like how I can actually understand what some of these look like. Before, it's a bit hard to see how they looked. Keep it up.

Thank you, Kai. ^^

Whew, I haven't updated in a while! I keep losing track. DX But I have some drawings... I've been messing about digitally.

I made two avvies, for someone at those wolf RP forums I made that wolf avvie of mine for. These characters belong to Ash of the Wolves of the Northern Lights forums, not mine~

Azalea.png

Eva.png

Drew them by hand, then coloured digitally. Airbrushes, they are awesome. Gave me a bit of a fuss... but you know, I'm crazy obsessive when it comes to avvie making.

Lastly, a random doodle experimenting with other tools. It's a... fire dog/fox thing:

Rena.

And I keep on arting~

Here's a few more uncoloured things that I keep being too lazy to colour. Don't worry, I'll do it all eventually.

First up, we got another Creation Revision. Optrop. At first, I drew it having a vague idea what it was. But now, the idea's gotten a bit less vaguer. It's supposed to be kinda dinosaurish/a mixture of a plant of some sort. It has roots all over its body:

C55 Optrop Revised Uncoloured.

Oh and one last one. I've been into the whole... wolf RPing thing lately. Here's a character of mine, she's from a breed of wolves known as Psyaerkin, which dwell in a cave and are supposed to have dragon/batlike wings. Oh and yes, I like to reuse RP names:

Atnura the Psyaerkin Uncoloured.

So yeah~ I'll be working on an updated banner for this place soon, and just a lot of stuff. Also, I'd like to remind people that Requests are Open. And I do do banners/avvies/whatever the hell you can think of. Just in case you couldn't see it in the first post, and I know that's a mess to go through. D=

Um... okay, on the last post... perspective is wonky as fuck on the Optrop.

And on the second one, perspective is weird too and what the hell at those wings. They are all wobbly and don't look like anything could fly with them at all.

Hmm, I do have to improve on perspective.

And well, as for the wings, I do think they're a bit small, I suppose. But that's really part of the character, she doesn't fly well, so I made them look like that on purpose.

But yes. Thanks for commenting~

Epic, epic bumpage here.

I have a few pictures, yeah.

First off, I finished Optrop ages ago and hopefully fixed that perspective problem:

C55 Optrop Revised.

Then I've been doing some work on an Arylettopian story with a friend of mine, which features creatures called Guardians to the elements of Fire, Earth, Reality, Mind, Water, Air, Nothing, and Life. They basically just preside over the elements in the world of Alterra, keep the balance, etc. I've got most of them done.

So we've got the Fire Guardian, who, you might wonder, why she has blue parts. That is because Fire in our story extends to include most heat energy, which is to say, electricity too:

Ardement the Fire Guardian.

Here's the Life Guardian, which, contrary to what you might think, is not actually a lizard. It's a salamander. Why isn't this the Fire one? Well, I've always personally thought that Fire salamanders has never made much sense, they're more Water-dwelling. Aaaand they regenerate parts, I believe, which is Lifey. But anyway:

Vinne, the Life Guardian.

Next up, we've got our Water Guardian, who I really don't have much to say about except that I epically screwed up on her head and face and hate it. More of my human failure:

Kulua the Water Guardian.

The Air Guardian, which you'd expect to be a bird or something that flies, right? Wrong. He's a, and I'm being totally serious here, flying. Rainbow. Goat. Why? Well, rainbows are part of the Air element in our strange freaked up world. As for why he's a goat, that's a long story:

Zutaloc the Air Guardian.

The last one I've got for you here is the Mind Guardian, who I have no words for, because she is just... just look:

Orfei the Mind Guardian.

I haven't got the other Guardians finished yet. I shall eventually though.

Oh and here's one last goody. For my Speech class, I'm doing a speech on Arylettopia and generally the creative process and story-writing tips, etc. And I'm going to gather everyone around me in a circle, like Kindergarten story time, and I'll have this little book where I'll pretend like I'm reading a story to them. This here's the cover:

Story Speech Cover.

That's all for today~

Back
Top Bottom