• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite song

I know I posted in here already but I just have to throw this out there.

Tristania's "Deadlocked." Oh my fucking god. This song starts out very calm and serene; just a piano playing some simple notes for about a minute with random angelic noises here and there. After that's done, the guitars and violin come in. It's all very soothing - the guitars aren't really put on the foreground so they compliment the violin very well. The violin is just very soothing, yet at the same time I can feel the emotion of the musician playing it.

And then Vibeke Stene starts singing.

As if the music wasn't hauntingly beautiful enough, you've got easily one of the most talented female fronts in the genre. She doesn't have the power of Floor Jansen or Simone Simons, but her voice is so passionate, her precision is so swift, and it is just orgasmic. This is the song where she just shines.

The way she and the choir belt out the chorus is heart-wrenching. Meanwhile, all of the instruments are still calm as can be except the lead guitar which compliments Vibeke nicely.

Summary: This song is so disturbingly beautiful it's almost hard to listen to. I love this song very much.

My favorites are One Week (Barenaked Ladies((WTF kind of bandname is that!?)).), and Jumper (Third Eye Blind).

Top Ten:

10. Knights of Cydonia - Muse
9. Perfect World - Simple Plan
8. Tears Don't Fall - Bullet For My Valentine
7. Lay Down - Priestess
6. The Pretender - Foo Fighters
5. Imaginary - Evanescence
4. Ready, Set, Go! - Tokio Hotel
3. The Howling - Within Temptation
2. Two Inches From A Main Artery - Through The Eyes Of The Dead
1. Take My Hand - Simple Plan

Although I haven't heard it in its entirity, I'm falling in love with the song "Mamma Mia" from the new move, "Mamma Mia."
Mamma Mia was a kickass musical I bet the movie will never be half as cool :sunglasses:

4. Ready, Set, Go! - Tokio Hotel
fffffff

Anyway, right now my top 5 is like:
1. Try It (I'm in Love With a Married Man) - Pet Shop Boys
2. In Denial - PSB
3. High Hopes - Pink Floyd
4. Raphaël - Carla Bruni (holy shit the president's wife)
5. Home and Dry - PSB

Mine varies alot, but currently I'd say "Shine" by Anna Nalick. Along with many different songs from musicals. And whatever else catches my fancy.

I love a ton of songs for different reasons, but... if I had to pick one? "Lullabye For A Stormy Night" by Vienna Teng. It's just so quiet and beautiful, and it always makes me feel better when I'm upset.

My current obsession, though, is "Still Alive" from Portal. 8D

Hardest question ever ;-;
Ok I think I might actually post properly in this thread now

Still finding one favourite song is HARD AS HELL so I shall just go through my favourite artists and list my favourite songs by them...

Queen (ok I have it narrowed down to TEN jesus christ)
Hammer To Fall, No One But You, '39, I Want It All, Breakthru, The March Of The Black Queen, Radio Ga Ga, The Prophet's Song, Save Me, Princes Of The Universe.

Led Zeppelin
Good Times Bad Times, Immigrant Song, Thank You, Stairway To Heaven, Whole Lotta Love.

Pink Floyd
Wish You Were Here, High Hopes.

Guns N' Roses
November Rain, My Michelle, Used To Love Her.

Aerosmith
Dream On, I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing.

The Who
Baba O-Riley, Love Reign O'er Me.

Poison
Something To Believe In, Talk Dirty To Me.

The Beatles
Hello Goodbye, Ticket To Ride, Hey Jude.

ABBA
Fernando, Money Money Money, Mamma Mia.

Brian May
Ressurection, Star Fleet, Love Token.

ahaha tl;dr

Back
Top Bottom