• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fond (or Not So Fond) Memories of TCoD

Wow, I can't believe I never mentioned everything I posted ever up to about 2009-ish?

Seriously 10/11/12 year-old me, why must you embarrass me? And I thought all of my stupidity had been lost to the forum crash...

Also, that one time I got infracted for flaming on one of Turbo's many fanfic reposts. GJ, me.

EDIT: Also, that Period thread where every female member on tCoD bitched about their periods with the power of TMI. Except Tailsy (I think), who was perfectly fine.

Wow, I can't believe I never mentioned everything I posted ever up to about 2009-ish?

Seriously 10/11/12 year-old me, why must you embarrass me? And I thought all of my stupidity had been lost to the forum crash...

Also, that one time I got infracted for flaming on one of Turbo's many fanfic reposts. GJ, me.

I know the feeling; my younger self makes me cringe.

I remember that I didn't understand how a siggy worked so I posted a charizard sprite in every post and thinking it was the same thing.*facepalm* I remember Butterfree telling me not to do that; in my introduction thread.

Anyone remember the Wolf Clan? Loved that club.

And that is a totally worthy infraction. (not that I support flaming :p)

EDIT: Also, that Period thread where every female member on tCoD bitched about their periods with the power of TMI. Except Tailsy (I think), who was perfectly fine.
I don't believe I ever posted in that thread.
Though /now/, I would given the opportunity.

EDIT: ...Oh wait. Yeah I did.
past self why do you sound like such a right twat

Last edited:
I don't remember this at all, so I probably didn't post in it.

EDIT: Of course, I did! I never remember anything. I posted far too many times, I'd say. I wouldn't post in it at all if it were now.

I do remember, however, one thread about... morning bones or something. The Distaff Counterpart of this supposed period thread where these guys were talking about boners or something.

lol I remember this. All I will say is good times.

I REMEMBER THAT

I WAS NEVER IN IT BUT I REMEMBER THAT LIKE HALF THE FORUM WAS AND EVERYONE HAD IN THEIR SIGS AND I WAS ALL LIKE "WHY IS THIS RP SO SPECIAL"

... I never did find out. xD
It's a secret to everyone.

I was at the very beginning, but almost immediately I slipped into Hope-laziness.

I have a very special kind of lurking.

I REMEMBER THAT

I WAS NEVER IN IT BUT I REMEMBER THAT LIKE HALF THE FORUM WAS AND EVERYONE HAD IN THEIR SIGS AND I WAS ALL LIKE "WHY IS THIS RP SO SPECIAL"

... I never did find out. xD
Looking back, the plot itself was pretty generic for a Pokemon RP. I'm not really certain myself what made it as popular as it was, even though I was in it.
I think it was the combination of coming back after the forum crash, the characters we used and some of the side-plots toward the beginning.

I don't really understand how a ton of hiatuses didn't kill it before that fight did.
Now that I think about it... I don't really regret a lot of it... that first little spat gave me one of the best things that's ever happened to me, and I like the canon that a few of us have set up now better than I like the one in the RP back then.

Although on the other hand... Nothing ever really got that far again. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing really depends on who you are.

On that note, some of my particular favorite TCoD memories came right toward the beginning of this edition to the forums. Am I the only one who remembers that thread about auto-flush toilets?
How about that... I dunno what it was, like a story or some sort of pseudo roleplay in Butterfree's visitor messages. There's a thread on it all the way back in the annals of the Insanity forum.

Last edited:
Eh, back in IF me and two other people kept an rp going for 2000 posts. It was really awful. ... but fun.

I've been here for absolutely ages and remember basically nothing. I mean, there are people who I liked who've gone now, but I don't remember and (to my knowledge) have never been part of any drama, or really anything noteworthy at all.

The time when everyone had blinking Tales of Symphonia icons? I got nothing.

I'm fairly sure there was an RP that Light Mightyena started that almost finished - but nobody wanted it to end so they just stopped posting. Sad, really.

I remember this one "TMI thread" where everyone filled out this long survey about sexual orientation/fetishes/people they've slept with/how they masturbate/etc. And the Dirty Little Secrets thread.

lol the Rack Shackle Pack. I got that it was some RP about pokemon sparkledogs and that was about it.

I remember the rack shackle pack! and I was part of it for all of five posts or something and then when I decided I didn't want to do it anymore I had to post a thingy in-thread. it was stupid.

I remember that TMI thread! I clicked on it once and the first post I read was something about masturbation... I switched pages rather quickly after that. Thing was there were sooo many posts in that thread.

Back
Top Bottom