• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gen. V Vault

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
The idea is simple:

Forumers post what they believe will occur in Generation V. This can range from anything from the game names to new types to whether or not the game will have 3D graphics. At a certain point, the thread is locked.

Whe Generation V is released, the thread will be reopened, and we'll check whether or not our predictions were accurate.

I'll start off.

--There will be a Dark-type gym leader.

--There will be a line of zebra Pokemon.

--There will be an evolution to Sableye and Mawile.

--The new gen will have 108 Pokemon, with 92 from other gens.

and etcetra.

Let's see...

-Dunsparce, Qwilfish, and Corsola evolutions (I don't want them to happen, but I have a feeling they will)

-Let's see...They had colors, metals, gems, and more gems...maybe an element generation? Pokemon Uranium, anyone?

-A Dragon-type Eeveelution (only special type that Eevee hasn't evolved into)

-Yet another pseudo-legendary that is overpowered as hell to replace Garchomp.

- A Skarmory prevo.

- Another pokemon in the Delibird line.

-Pikachu will be in the game, as well as Zubat, Geodude and Machop.

-There will be a new regional bird, regional rat and regional bug line.

-One of the starters will evolve to be part-Dragon.

-Two new Eeveelutions - a Fighting-type and a Dragon-type.

8 gym leaders
4 members of the elite four with a champion
A battle tower, possibly contained in a battle frontier
Two versions, followed by a third special version
Fire, Grass, and Water starters

I like to play it safe ;P

Seriously, though, a Random WiFi battle option like the one in PBR

- Pre-evos for Lapras and Tropius.
- One more plot that forces you to fight a legendary at a point where usually your team sucks badly enough to force you to use the Master Ball you just conveniently picked up.

Hmm.

-There will be no new types. The only reason types were added was to create some balance.

-more exploitable baby pokemon to market

-pokemon that is an evil counterpart to Arceus

-and the usual early birds, bugs, and rodents.

-oh yeah, more pika-whoring. :P

-There will be no new types. The only reason types were added was to create some balance.

THANK YOU. Why does everybody seem obsessed with having a "Light" type...

Now, my guesses...

-There will be a Pokémon/line of Pokémon based on a dolphin. It's such an obvious choice, being such a well-known and popular animal, but Game Freak have never yet actually done it.

-There will be several references to previous generations - probably 1 and 3.

-Pokémon will, sadly, probably not follow you anymore.

-The player character you do not choose (i.e. gender) will act as a sort of helpful pseudo-rival who appears every now an dthen. He/She will in some way be related or at least acquainted with the professor, who will be named after a tree.

ah, what the hell, i'll give this a shot.

-there will be no pokemon to rival/best arceus. it would be foolish to best god. unless arceus is only the creator of sinnoh and not of all pokemon.

-there will be new evos/prevos for some single-stage pokemon.

-there will be animated sprites. (fingers crossed)

I'd doubt Gamefreak would do another game set in the Gen. 3 era. I mean, we had two gens. set around then(1st and 3rd), and two gens. set around three years later(2nd and 4th). I'd say it's about time they moved on, which is also the reason why I don't believe there will be R/S remakes.

I, on the other hand, am hoping for R/S (or, even better, Emerald) remakes. Because I am a rare case of fan that actually liked Hoenn. More than all the other regions.

I don't think R/S need remakes...The only real reason for the R/B and G/S remakes was to impliment things created in the 3rd Gen (i.e., natures, revamped EV system, etc.) in Kanto and Johto, updating them to modern Pokemon standards. At least that's what I think. The nostalgia and fan service are great, too =P

THANK YOU. Why does everybody seem obsessed with having a "Light" type...

People want a Light type to counter the Dark type. They don't realize that Dark types seem to be more based on fighting dirty than being evil.

I, on the other hand, am hoping for R/S (or, even better, Emerald) remakes. Because I am a rare case of fan that actually liked Hoenn. More than all the other regions.

I actually liked Hoenn as well.

...I'm going to say that there will be a starter line that obtains a seondary Dark type.

Or a Dark, Psychic, Fighting starter
It's been said several times by now (includingly in TCoD), but, Dark/Psychic/Fighting isn't a really valid type triangle because Dark is immune to Psychic, instead of resisting it.

Back
Top Bottom